The Official Grado 325e Owners Club!
Jun 30, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #271 of 312
Just got these in the mail today. Scored them on eBay for $150 new and I’m blown away. So much detail! I don’t need to play super loud to get the full effect. Once these break in they’ll be magic.

Been listening to...

Umphreys McGee
moe.
The Band
LCD Soundsystem
Allmans
Phish
Metallica
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin

...ever since I got home from work and everything has been amazing so far. About to give some Gram Parsons and Zappa a spin in a few. Loving it!
Dude. From top to bottom. Music I listen to daily.

Jul 2, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #272 of 312
Started with SR80's many years ago, then recently tried to find nirvana with a bunch of other headphones, I am back with Grado with a new pair of SR325e's. Using G Cushions solved the one issue I had with Grados. I plan to move up the Grado line in the future and get back to listening to music now instead of "testing".

Grado's just fit the music I listen to.....

Jul 4, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #273 of 312
Started with SR80's many years ago, then recently tried to find nirvana with a bunch of other headphones, I am back with Grado with a new pair of SR325e's. Using G Cushions solved the one issue I had with Grados. I plan to move up the Grado line in the future and get back to listening to music now instead of "testing".

Grado's just fit the music I listen to.....
Interesting... I could never stand my 325 with G cushs. Did you find any changes to the sound? Is the mids and trebles shouty for you?

Jul 4, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #274 of 312
Interesting... I could never stand my 325 with G cushs. Did you find any changes to the sound? Is the mids and trebles shouty for you?

At first I thought the bass became more recessed. But I didn't feel it changed the sound that radically. I really like the sound, and the comfort for me is 500x better.

Aug 21, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #276 of 312
L-Cush with the tape mod is my favorite.

Just got done listening to AC/DC live with my 325e. All I can say is wow! Talk about an Amazon listening experience. I was using my X3ii / e12a stack.

Any other live rock CDs anyone can recommend?
Kinda late but Alice in Chains Unplugged will blow your mind. Incredible recording.

Aug 31, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #285 of 312
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

A little late for the party but….

The 325e series is the best headphones I’ve ever owned. Straight from the box they were fantastic and although they have more bass than the 325is, still didn’t fully satisfy me. The tape mod solved all of that but it was a bit of trial and error in the process. With the tape all the way around the mids and bass did seem too full, but not going all the way around brought in the air it needed to bring back the mids and highs just perfect.

Kickdrums hit where I can feel it, Basslines are thick and lush without going overboard. I always look forward listing to music because of these guys. A little headphone amp + LP 24/192 files …oh my, unamped with mp3 sounds excellent too.

Grado made of hell of a gem with these 325e’s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back