The Official Grado 325e Owners Club!
Jan 13, 2015 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 312

maxifunk

Head-Fier
The Official Grado 325e Owners Club!

These are a Great low mid-tier Audiophile level headphones current pricing is $295.00 USD.
The headphones details directly from the Grado web-site:
Audio Specs:
Transducer Type: Dynamic
Operating Principle: Open Air
Frequency Response: 18 - 24,000 hz
SPL 1mW: 99.8 dB
Normal Impedance: 32 ohms
Driver Matched dB: .05 dB

My pair is less than a week old and I am more than happy with them, these will be my work on the go headphones for a  long time coming. I am very new to the forum and the headphone world so I'll let more experienced Headphone enthusiast handle a detailed review.

Since Grado does not make new series of headphones very often I figured why not have a forum for fans, owners, and potential owners to discuss these Great set of headphones. Also, the realistic side of things due to economics while we would all love to have a set of PS1000e's or GS1000e's the SR325e's are simply more accessible to a wider market thus should a have place of their own to reap praise and or even criticism on the SR325e.

MaxiFunk

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #2 of 312
FYI: I will say this vocals, instrumentals just soar out of these headphones like nothing I have except in the recording studio with can that cost 3 to 4 times as much.

This plays so damn nice even with YouTube quality as just an example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXnhWthZ_k4

Jan 22, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #3 of 312
Another GREAT TRACK for the SR325e's

Jan 29, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #5 of 312
I upgraded from some SR60i's to my 325e's over Christmas and I'm loving every minute of them.

I have changed the pads to my trusty TTVJ flats though, as I find they bring out more of the bass and I prefer them for comfort.

I'll have to check out those pads as well as the g pads.

Feb 17, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #6 of 312
I upgraded from some SR60i's to my 325e's over Christmas and I'm loving every minute of them.

I have changed the pads to my trusty TTVJ flats though, as I find they bring out more of the bass and I prefer them for comfort.

Where did you get you TTVJ flats from?

Feb 18, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #8 of 312
Why do you call them low middle? Going by cost, fidelity or some other criteria?

Cost the sound quality far out performs the price of these cans!!!

Feb 18, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #9 of 312
Wanna Hear the Bass Response of you SR325e's here it is 

Feb 18, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #10 of 312
Hifi, midfi, low fi ought to be based on sound. Cost should not be a part of this classification. Too many times I see statements that indicate the writer' s conclusion that a headphone is better just because it costs more. My opinion, is that these certainly are not low fi, or low midfi.

Value on the other hand: should take cost into account

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #12 of 312
can't wait to get the SR325es...argh but i gotta sell off this pair of Momentum 1s which i dislike but no one's buying
frown.gif

Apr 30, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #14 of 312
Hey guys, I have a question. I am a new owner of these wonderful cans, but unfortunately they are horribly uncomfortable for me. They hurt my ears so bad for so long after I take them off and after extended wear that I cannot enjoy them properly. Any suggestions of other grado cups that I could try? I don't want to ruin the sound for comfort though, which is why I would probably not use any replacement cups that are not from grado unless they came recommended from someone in this community that I would be inclined to trust to secure the wonderful listening experience.

Apr 30, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #15 of 312
Hey guys, I have a question. I am a new owner of these wonderful cans, but unfortunately they are horribly uncomfortable for me. They hurt my ears so bad for so long after I take them off and after extended wear that I cannot enjoy them properly. Any suggestions of other grado cups that I could try? I don't want to ruin the sound for comfort though, which is why I would probably not use any replacement cups that are not from grado unless they came recommended from someone in this community that I would be inclined to trust to secure the wonderful listening experience.

You may try wearing the cups a bit forward/downward, instead of directly over your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back