The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Mar 6, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #2,447 of 2,481
Hi Again,

Thanks to the two folks who gave me some advice on what to do with my Explorer, and while installing the HiBy music app has made it possible to listen to most of my files, I still can’t listen to all of them, and others just disappear. Also, since switching to HiBy, my optical out doesn’t work, and this is what I used to connect the Explorer to my desktop speakers.

And, I am getting no response at all from Echobox when I ask for support. As an original backer of the project, this is especially aggravating. So, I’m starting to plan to replace this doggone thing.

I like the sound signature of the Explorer. To me, my songs seem fuller and more alive than they do if I listen to my other DAP, a Fiio X3II. So, I’d like some advice from whomever is willing to give it. I’d like a similar sound to the Explorer, something that can handle DSD and 24-bit WAV files, has an optical output, excellent reliability and support. All for under $350. Is that even possible?

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Mar 6, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #2,448 of 2,481
Hello All,

Just wanted to issue a PSA that I resigned from Echobox back in August 2018, and now run a consulting firm Ipsum Innovations (www.ipsuminnovations.com).

Having invested personally in many of the projects at Echobox during my time with the company, I am deeply embarrassed and sorry for the difficulties you are all now encountering. There is unfortunately nothing I can do to assist, but I do encourage you to do what you can to hold the current staff at Echobox responsible for supporting their products.

I wish you all the best! Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions related to business development, manufacturing or e-commerce growth (or just to chat about audio).

May 4, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #2,449 of 2,481
I guess with that, support for the Explorer has expired.

This promised so much but delivery fell short.
Just listening to my unit now but this is the first time in 12 months.

Sep 13, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #2,451 of 2,481
Probably a silly question, but I see people talking about side loading different players on here. Would it be possible to load Itunes, add a 400 gig card, and basically have an amazing update/replacement for my classic?

Sep 13, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #2,452 of 2,481
Probably a silly question, but I see people talking about side loading different players on here. Would it be possible to load Itunes, add a 400 gig card, and basically have an amazing update/replacement for my classic?

I'm not sure about iTunes, but the limit for size of micro SD card is 256GB. So, you can't do 400GB. And as for being an "awesome replacement", just look for something else. Mine is buggy and unreliable, also just sounds defected.

Sep 26, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #2,457 of 2,481

I own one and could never recommend this expensive paperweight. There are many more reliable and user friendly DAPS out there from Shanling to Fiio to Hiby along with countless others that would IMO suit your requirements better.

Avoid the EchoBox at all costs, unless you want to buy mine

:flushed:

Sep 26, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #2,458 of 2,481
I own one and could never recommend this expensive paperweight. There are many more reliable and user friendly DAPS out there from Shanling to Fiio to Hiby along with countless others that would IMO suit your requirements better.

Avoid the EchoBox at all costs, unless you want to buy mine

:flushed:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: I feel exactly the same way. Well except I sold mine....moving on.

Sep 30, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #2,459 of 2,481

Users who are viewing this thread

Back