The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Jul 7, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #2,237 of 2,481
Will uninstalling and sideloading the new tidal apk like this preserve the files I have saved for offline use in the tidal app or will I loose all these and have to re-download them, major bummer!

Jul 7, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #2,238 of 2,481
With permission granted to post here, below is answers to questions posed as of date 5th July 2017 via email thread.

Thank you team echobox for prompt response (matter of hours) and providing a positive update.

Thank you for your questions. In the most recent update from the Factory, assembly for the remaining units resumes on July 17, and will likely take 2-3 days to complete. Following completion, the units will be sent out directly from our factory using an express service to ensure quick delivery. For your reference, the Explorer Quick Start Guide is attached to this email.. Regarding T-Shirts, we are going to begin shipping them out in bulk this week, so you should receive tracking information once they have been sent out. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Regards,

Echobox Support Team

Jul 7, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #2,239 of 2,481
Received my replacement Explorer today as well as the stand and case. This is much appreciated. I am listening to the new Explorer as I type this(streaming Tidal) and I am quite pleased with the sound. Not too forward and also not too laid back, just right for me and non-fatiguing for many hours of listening. Just trying to figure out how to download Spotify, Deezer and Pandora!!!!!!
Damn, this new technology can be confusing for an old bloke! Anyway, I am happy that this journey seems to have reached an end with a happy conclusion.
Many thanks to the team at EB for your perseverance and for finally delivering on your promises. Cheers.

Jul 8, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #2,241 of 2,481
Damn, this new technology can be confusing for an old bloke!

Give yourself a break. :wink: It is confusing to anyone who is not an advanced Android user. It is not like there is a Explorer manual or FAQ or quick start guide or setup wizard or really anything at all to help you get started. I'm very technical, but not an Android user, and I was a bit lost while getting it setup too. Luckily, once you know how to install software, deal with SD cards, and the basics of the Settings, there is not much more to learn.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #2,243 of 2,481
Give yourself a break. :wink: It is confusing to anyone who is not an advanced Android user. It is not like there is a Explorer manual or FAQ or quick start guide or setup wizard or really anything at all to help you get started. I'm very technical, but not an Android user, and I was a bit lost while getting it setup too. Luckily, once you know how to install software, deal with SD cards, and the basics of the Settings, there is not much more to learn.

There is a quick start guide included with every Explorer package, and is located in the bottom of the box behind the Explorer and Case. ❤️

Jul 8, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #2,245 of 2,481
So I've had over a dozen fatal error`s with USB audio Pro. Every time it was when it hit a bad album. So I'll try deleting the bad songs/album and see if that fixes it. Anyone know how to play all songs on the unit/card?

Thanks.
In UAPP I just hit the shuffle button (bottom right next to the >>) and the menu comes up and I select "shuffle database" to shuffle all songs into a random play queue.

Jul 9, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #2,247 of 2,481
I thought that was it, but with all the lock ups it hard to tell. Deleted the bad album, problem seems to be fixed. I wonder if Echobox knows that the player freezes when it hits a bad file?

Please contact eXtream Software Development directly at info@extreamsd.com for any issues with USB Audio Player PRO on the Explorer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back