The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 28, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #4,396 of 10,994
I got a brand new one from Razordog on ebay (Authorized seller from which I bought a few AKG and Senns too).... for 940 USD a few weeks ago... but probably that you can't find them under 900. If you wanna get them and you are in the UK then go for it.

May 28, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #4,397 of 10,994
Quote:
I got a brand new one from Razordog on ebay (Authorized seller from which I bought a few AKG and Senns too).... for 940 USD a few weeks ago... but probably that you can't find them under 900. If you wanna get them and you are in the UK then go for it. Also Razordog tells the custums that the T1 headphones are worth 50 dollars.... :p

Just looked at that. you know what your at! 

May 29, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #4,398 of 10,994
Quote:
Just an idea, can you remap channels and see if distortion moves to the left. That should tell if the problem is with one driver or just BB voice causes resonation. How does it sound on other phones, btw?

I played the BB King track "Three O' Clock Blues" on my B&W speakers and the distortion is still there. In this case, this is a poor recording or encoding.

My opinion is that the T1 may pick up resonance or micro distortion in the original recording better than any other phones. 
Another observation is that a lot of classical tracks have major portion of the tracks coming from the left channel. Is this normal?

May 29, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #4,399 of 10,994
The distortion/resonance issues I talked about is most apparent in this recording of Mozart piece:
Piano Sonata No.16 In C K545: I. Allegro. This is purchased from iTunes 100 Best Piano Classics
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/piano-sonata-no.16-in-c-k545/id203067796?i=203068222

Use your T1, listen if you pick up any resonance/distortion in the form of soft rustling coming from
the right channel. 

This issue only appears during quiet piano tracks and at key strokes.

May 29, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #4,400 of 10,994
Quote:
WHY DO YOU ONLY HAVE 3 POSTS O WISE MANJA. That was really well written.

Well I do come from a long line of Wisemans, I can prove 13 generations of 'em (my 10th great grandfather was born onboard ship coming to the colonies). Unfortunately, my gift was probably more of knowledge than wisdom :)

The reason for only 3 posts? Well I've only been a member of Head-Fi for about 2 days now and I'm currently unemployed and seeking new employment (sequestration you know...). Anyway that does give me time to contribute long monologs at the present.

- Jeff

May 29, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #4,402 of 10,994
Quote:
Re-cable question to all those out there.  Determined the problem with my T1's is most likely the cable not the drivers.  It's out of warranty.  Debating whether to go through Beyer's repair service or just have it re-cabled from Moon or BTG.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to go or not to go for this?  Also anywhere in Northern Virginia would be a big plus:) Moon quoted me $300 to put a 5ft black dragon on it...BTG would be cheaper.  Beyers service would probably be cheapest ($80 or so if i recall?) but then I'd be worried about the cable failing again.

just recently re-cabled with the Black Dragons....very pleased with the speed of service,fit and finish, and the sound of the phones is improved IMO...

May 29, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #4,403 of 10,994
New owner of the T1 here
biggrin.gif
very happy but they seem just a little tiny bit bright but I like it. I have only used them for around 10 hours so far, do they "burn in"? or is it just a myth with the T1?

May 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #4,404 of 10,994
I've finally pulled the trigger on the T1.
I should receive them at the end of the week. Pairing them with the Soloist. Soon it will be sex in my ears :D.
But amen for my wallet.

May 29, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #4,406 of 10,994
Quote:
New owner of the T1 here
biggrin.gif
very happy but they seem just a little tiny bit bright but I like it. I have only used them for around 10 hours so far, do they "burn in"? or is it just a myth with the T1?

Can always throw some tubes at them to round the edges:)

May 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #4,409 of 10,994
Quote:

How does T1 compare to LCD or HD650..?

I can't "compare" directly those 3 headphones because they don't compete in the same league. And by that I mean it's 3 different headphones.
LCD2 will be the bass-king with a smaller soundstage than the T1.
And for the HD650, the LCD2 is basically (and to be quick) an improvement in every aspects.
I can't compare the mids because I don't remember so well (I had it for 3 days).
But from what I remember, the T1 does everything well. Good kick and dynamic bass, awesome mids and gorgeous high (with the Soloist at least). I was shocked at the details that the T1 can produce, with the huge soundstage, atmospheric musics (Post-Rock, Ambient...) which I listen to a lot are just eargasm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back