The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 3, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #3,211 of 10,994
Quote:

Im happy to check for you, but WHY would you want to do that? lol  The T1 pads are so much more comfortable to my ears....you don't care for them? 

Ha, nevermind, i misread your post. I thought you said you put the Q701 on T1 and its like from sweater to cashmere. :D 
deadhorse.gif

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #3,212 of 10,994
Quote:

Ha, nevermind, i misread your post. I thought you said you put the Q701 on T1 and its like from sweater to cashmere. :D 
deadhorse.gif

Oh okay LOL....yeah, if the Qs weren't as light as they are, I'd hate their pads...the foam is very stiff and the quality of the velour is not in the same ballpark as the T1s. I would even go so far as to say the T1s might be uncomfortable if I swapped the pads....the stock T1 pads are very plush and soft, and above all they BREATHE...that's very important to me for long sessions. 

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #3,213 of 10,994
Just recently bought the Beyerdynamic T1's, No. 7647 what can I say? I'm seriously loving the every second I wear them.
I haven't found a single thing with them that I don't like ..so far

Maybe that will change? but I don't think so.

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #3,214 of 10,994
Quote:
Just recently bought the Beyerdynamic T1's, No. 7647 what can I say? I'm seriously loving the every second I wear them.

Welcome to the T1 club. Occasionaly, I'd find the t1 a bit tasteless for me....occasionally. 

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #3,215 of 10,994
Quote:

Congrats! What amp are you using with them? 

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #3,216 of 10,994
Quote:

Congrats! What amp are you using with them? 

Thank you very much!

I'm using the Beyer Dynamic A1 together with my T1's so far I'm loving it!

Quote:
Welcome to the T1 club. Occasionaly, I'd find the t1 a bit tasteless for me....occasionally. 

Thanks! Yeah I see, guess that can happen to some people.

Anyway I'm very pleased with my setup. I'm also happy to be a part of the T1 club as well as a new member on this forum!

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #3,217 of 10,994
Quote:

Thank you very much!

I'm using the Beyer Dynamic A1 together with my T1's so far I'm loving it!

Very nice! I don't know if you're a movie fan, but if so, try watching a movie with your new T1s....it's a great experience! 

Oct 4, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #3,219 of 10,994
Quote:

Yeah I bet it's a great experience!

I'm definitely a movie fan and I'm going to be watching many movies with my T1's
Thanks for the tip!

Excellent...I hope you'll let us know how you like them after you get some time listening, both with music and movies. With the T1s, you'll hear it all!

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #3,220 of 10,994
You there who have multiple headphones! What would be a good alternative to the T1s? Not complete opposite in polarity but a different take on what is good in T1. 

I ask this because about third of the time I feel that the brightness is a bit fatiguing to the ears (I have a sligth hearing damage and tinnitus) and I'd like some more bottom end for electronic music and possibly rock. Wooden cups look really beautiful but some say the wooden sound is really coloured and they tend to be closed, which in itself is not a problem but seems to compromise the details in sound. Detail and clarity are the things I appreciate in the T1. Also the feel of space (what?)

Some Ultrasones? Audio Technicas? I dunno, if someone has a direction or first-hand experience I'd gladly hear it
gs1000.gif

Cheers, everyone!

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #3,222 of 10,994
Quote:
^^^^^LCD-2.2^^^^^

That's funny since I chose T1s over LCDs when I had to ultimately pick one. I did not have the opportunity to liten to them beforehand, though. I was afraid they would've sounded too soft, dark and forgiving to my tastes. Think I'll give them a try if I find them somewhere in this nordic winterland.

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #3,223 of 10,994
I have the T1 and LCD-2 Rev1, and I love the difference in presentation between the two; the LCD is really warm & dark, especially through a tube amp. It's great for those instances where the brightness in certain sources needs to be toned down.   

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #3,224 of 10,994
Quote:
I have the T1 and LCD-2 Rev1, and I love the difference in presentation between the two; the LCD is really warm & dark, especially through a tube amp. It's great for those instances where the brightness in certain sources needs to be toned down.   

How much of an opposite is it? When you say "really", I don't know if it's good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back