The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 2, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #8,657 of 10,994

Original. Posted by JamieMcC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just contact the seller with a polite but to the point email and tell them how disappointed you have been at the condition they arrived in and the lack of the box etc and give them a chance to put things right ,if you paid by card or paypal you should have nothing to worry about or be out of pocket as its the retailers problem. They should have included the box as well unless there was some small print that might exclude its inclusion.

No i Knew the aluminum transport case was not part of the deal. I took a huge gamble paid via bank deposit. At least i receiced the receipt to claim for warranty.

Mar 2, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #8,658 of 10,994
No i Knew the aluminum transport case was not part of the deal. I took a huge gamble paid via bank deposit. At least i receiced the receipt to claim for warranty.

Not trying to knock on a guy while he's down but... Unless you bought it new from a authorized dealer, your T1s don't have any warranty coverage. Beyer will fix the headphones for you but nothing is covered. You'll be on the hook for whatever's wrong. Even Beyer's preowned stuff doesn't comes with a warranty.

Mar 2, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #8,659 of 10,994

if you are talking where the shaft of the yoke, that goes up into the headband seems loose, wiggling, both my left and right cups do this, i bought mine used, and have never had a new t1
but the wiggling seems to be normal
as for that packing, that is indeed shoddy, poor, and if they arrived damaged you may have some recourse there, i'd contact the seller , hope it works out, the t1's are great !

No I'm referring to the black plastic peice ththat connects to the cup. there's about one cm of space where I'm able to slide the right cup left to right 

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #8,660 of 10,994
This is what I'm referring to. There's a space between the black plastic piece on the end of the yoke and the cups which allows me to slide the cup side to side. So essentially the space where the right cup sits between the yoke is wider than the left side causing a bit of play to occur. Sorry I couldn't get the camera to focus. 

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #8,661 of 10,994
Not trying to knock on a guy while he's down but... Unless you bought it new from a authorized dealer, your T1s don't have any warranty coverage. Beyer will fix the headphones for you but nothing is covered. You'll be on the hook for whatever's wrong. Even Beyer's preowned stuff doesn't comes with a warranty.

But isn't there 2 years manufaceter warranty? The seller told me there was still 5 years left. According to the guarantee terms on the beyerdynamic website, products can be repaired under warranty by either taking it back to the retailer from which the item was purchased or to an authorised beyerdynamic service partner along with the sales receipt. I assume most retailers selling high end headphones would a authorized dealer.

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/service/guarantee.html

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #8,663 of 10,994
  But isn't there 2 years manufaceter warranty? The seller told me there was still 5 years left. According to the guarantee terms on the beyerdynamic website, products can be repaired under warranty by either taking it back to the retailer from which the item was purchased or to an authorised beyerdynamic service partner along with the sales receipt. I assume most retailers selling high end headphones would a authorized dealer.

I was sorry to read your story, but gotta say, this seller sounds dodgy as hell! Not only does he ship T1s in a jiffy bag, but lies about the warranty: the only way there would be 5 years left on the warranty would be if the headphones were brand new, as they come with a 5 year warranty when purchased new. I suspect the previous poster is correct: the warranty isn't going to cover accidental damage (which would include damage in transit) but you could contact Beyerdynamic and see what they say - my guess is they would want a fee for repairing them.

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #8,664 of 10,994
  This is what I'm referring to. There's a space between the black plastic piece on the end of the yoke and the cups which allows me to slide the cup side to side. So essentially the space where the right cup sits between the yoke is wider than the left side causing a bit of play to occur. Sorry I couldn't get the camera to focus. 

Just checked mine and I suspect you will be pleased to know it is the same as you describe the right side has a couple of mm movement and the left side doesn't I haven't noticed before and its never bothered me.

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #8,665 of 10,994

That is where you're wrong I'm afraid. Also, Beyer only offers a 2 year warranty, not 5. And if you've read the link...

Beyerdynamic said:
This guarantee is valid for two (2) years from the date of purchase of brand-new, unused products by the original end user. As proof of purchase by all means please retain the sales receipt.

The seller lied to you unfortunately.

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #8,666 of 10,994
That is where you're wrong I'm afraid. Also, Beyer only offers a 2 year warranty, not 5. And if you've read the link...

Can't argue with what is stated on the link, but maybe that is just their general guarantee? It states quite clearly on the outside of my T1 box: "5 years warranty".

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #8,667 of 10,994

Just checked mine and I suspect you will be pleased to know it is the same as you describe the right side has a couple of mm movement and the left side doesn't I haven't noticed before and its never bothered me.

Thanks for the confirmation JamieMcC. At least now I know it's just a minor design flaw in the t1's and wasn't caused during shipping.
But it is strange when the t5ps I previously owned had no gaps on either side. Maybe the versions we received are older stock.   

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #8,668 of 10,994
Googling the 5 year warranty there are plenty of retailers quoting either 2 or 5 years so the length of warranty offered may differ from country to country and be regionally specific due to that countries import regulations

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #8,669 of 10,994
  Thanks for the confirmation JamieMcC. At least now I know it's just a minor design flaw in the t1's and wasn't caused during shipping.
But it is strange when the t5ps I previously owned had no gaps on either side. Maybe the versions we received are older stock.   

Rather than a flaw I suspect Beyer have designed it like that for a reason and we just don't know what that reason is, perhaps some kind of inbuilt strain relief as you move your head from side to side imo.

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #8,670 of 10,994

Beyerdynamic maybe be flexible cos when my the cable of my t5p's (purchased used) stopped working, I took it to the retailer where the originally owner purchased it from and they honored the warranty after checking with beyerdynamic to confirm that the warranty was transferable. 

The receipt shows the seller did buy it new and fortunately was purchased on the 27th of April 2013 so within two years! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back