The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 24, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #8,641 of 10,994
Stefanaudioart wrote me an essay on recabling with their cable - a cool $600. Personally, I believe in good quality interconnects, not cheap radio shack junk, but I can't fit a $600 recable into my budget. FYI.

Feb 25, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #8,643 of 10,994

Nothing like a little snake oil to grease the wheels...

Snake oil salesmen need to eat too, ya know .... 
cool.gif

Feb 25, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #8,645 of 10,994

Nothing like a little snake oil to grease the wheels...

and the market for snake oil is strong !, i myself fall prey from time to time, although i prefer the cheaper, generic snake oil

Feb 25, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #8,646 of 10,994
Well, bd-usa (on ebay) cancelled my purchase - out of stock apparently (BS - it stated 1 available on ebay... I'm a little annoyed) - so I'm not going to join this crew right now.... Back to the hunt!

Feb 26, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #8,647 of 10,994
Hi to all,

So I have received my T1 and am really enjoying it so far - more so than the HD800, which I demoed again after receiving the T1. I find the HD800 less intimate, less accurate and less musical. More airy, and more soundstage, but the latter at times sounds artificial.

The one gripe I have with the T1 which may be a deal-breaker is the clamp of the upper headband. My unit appears to be very recent - serial number in the 24000 range, so it should have the "new" revised headband, but it still creates considerable pressure on the upper skull. Both sides have been extended to expose five notches. Does anyone know how to alleviate this, through extra padding or similar?

Many thanks!

Feb 26, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #8,648 of 10,994
  Hi to all,

So I have received my T1 and am really enjoying it so far - more so than the HD800, which I demoed again after receiving the T1. I find the HD800 less intimate, less accurate and less musical. More airy, and more soundstage, but the latter at times sounds artificial.

The one gripe I have with the T1 which may be a deal-breaker is the clamp of the upper headband. My unit appears to be very recent - serial number in the 24000 range, so it should have the "new" revised headband, but it still creates considerable pressure on the upper skull. Both sides have been extended to expose five notches. Does anyone know how to alleviate this, through extra padding or similar?

Many thanks!

how about some gentle stretching of the headband ?

Feb 26, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #8,649 of 10,994
  how about some gentle stretching of the headband ?

Just bend it gently I did. You may have to do it a few times to get it the way you want it but those are built like a tank you really can't hurt them. Best to place you thumbs in the center of the headband when you are bending cause that is where the bend occurs. If you try to bend over the sliders it doesn't bend well.

Feb 26, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #8,650 of 10,994
  Just bend it gently I did. You may have to do it a few times to get it the way you want it but those are built like a tank you really can't hurt them.

+1
 multiple stretches, and time, they'll loosen up, mine are VERY comfortable, and i have a big noggin ! 

Feb 26, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #8,651 of 10,994
Hi,

I recently stopped my project to terminate my T1 with the Neutrik balanced connector I purchased, since I asked Beyer what will happen to the warranty if I make such a small modifcation. They told me that I will lose the full 5 years of warranty with any modification done to the headphones. However they offered me to send in the T1 and the Neutrik connector and mount it for me for just a small fee, so I can keep my warranty. Really excellent service! The only bad thing is that I know purchased a 350$ soldering iron from Weller. Should have asked before :D However in the end it turns out to be a good thing, because it made me buy the Bottlehead Crack DIY kit, so the iron still serves some purpose and I can start enjoying a tube amp next to my Oppo HA-1 :D

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #8,652 of 10,994
So I received my t1's today and was shocked to find they were packed in a padded bag without a box. As a result, the right ear cups has fallen off the headband. After reattaching the ear cups, I noticed there is about a cm of play when moving the cup right to left. Is this normal or could is be that the right frame holding the cup was bumped during shipping causing the frame to widen apart slightly? I'm so mad that the seller could be so irresponsible and careless in going about packing the headphones. The funny thing is I've examined the metal frame closely and can't see any sort of bend or damage that could result in the widened arms. It would be a huge shame if the frame was damaged due to poor packaging especially when the headphone itself are in pristine condition, like new. I was looking to bend the arms together but after reading in the thread that someone broke the frame in two near the t1 logo without force makes me wonder if the aluminum will hold up. Arhh I was planning to listening to the t1's tonight but now I'm all hung up on the build quality/possible damage.   

Do you think this issue will be covered by warranty?
And even so, I'd still have to return cover ship cost from Australia to Europe. Omg what I headache..I only purcahsed the t1's because I got a very good offer. I seriously regret this purchase and it's only day one!!
Where can I but a replacement headband from at a decent price? 

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #8,653 of 10,994
  So I received my t1's today and was shocked to find they were packed in a padded bag without a box. As a result, the right ear cups has fallen off the headband. After reattaching the ear cups, I noticed there is about a cm of play when moving the cup right to left. Is this normal or could is be that the right frame holding the cup was bumped during shipping causing the frame to widen apart slightly? I'm so mad that the seller could be so irresponsible and careless in going about packing the headphones. The funny thing is I've examined the metal frame closely and can't see any sort of bend or damage that could result in the widened arms. It would be a huge shame if the frame was damaged due to poor packaging especially when the headphone itself are in pristine condition, like new. I was looking to bend the arms together but after reading in the thread that someone broke the frame in two near the t1 logo without force makes me wonder if the aluminum will hold up. Arhh I was planning to listening to the t1's tonight but now I'm all hung up on the build quality/possible damage.   

And even so, I'd still have to return cover ship cost from Australia to Europe. Omg what I headache..I only purcahsed the t1's because I got a very good offer. I seriously regret this purchase and it's only day one!!

if you are talking where the shaft of the yoke, that goes up into the headband seems loose, wiggling, both my left and right cups do this, i bought mine used, and have never had a new t1
but the wiggling seems to be normal
as for that packing, that is indeed shoddy, poor, and if they arrived damaged you may have some recourse there, i'd contact the seller , hope it works out, the t1's are great !

Mar 2, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #8,655 of 10,994

Just contact the seller with a polite but to the point email and tell them how disappointed you have been at the condition they arrived in and the lack of the box etc and give them a chance to put things right ,if you paid by card or paypal you should have nothing to worry about or be out of pocket as its the retailers problem. They should have included the box as well unless there was some small print that might exclude its inclusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back