The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 26, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #8,222 of 10,994
  I do. I had the T1 first - T1/WA2. Then I bought the HD800. My T1 is being fixed soon but then I will sell it. I much prefer the HD800. 
The T1 is a brilliant headphone but I listen to mostly acoustic/jazz these days and prefer the HD800's bigger sounsstage.

Also the T1's are not as comfortable on my head - they squash my big ears up a bit. I wish they were bigger so that my ears wouldn't touch the drivers at all. 

All in all the T1 and HD800 are more similar to each other than not apart from the soundstage and bass. 
I am looking for a complete opposite sound sig than HD800 so im thinking of getting an Audeze headphone 

If your drivers are fine then I wouldn't mind buying those off of you (I just need the drivers nothing else) if you don't mind.

Nov 26, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #8,223 of 10,994
  Well my T1's are on the UPS truck for delivery today so I'm excited to join the club 
beyersmile.png

Congrats! 
beerchug.gif

Nov 26, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #8,224 of 10,994
  If your drivers are fine then I wouldn't mind buying those off of you (I just need the drivers nothing else) if you don't mind.

My headphone is under warranty and being fixed. They will probably send me a new headphone. 
I wouldn't sell the drivers on their because I would loose out on too much money. 

Even if they just repair the headphone I would prefer to sell the whole thing. 

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #8,226 of 10,994
After about a year away from T1's I am ready to get them back again.
I sold my first set and went on a meandering path across lots of headphones.. before realising that while not the best from a technical standpoint, they are what made me happiest to listen to.

I'm back home.

Nov 27, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #8,228 of 10,994
Nov 27, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #8,229 of 10,994
It did, but only briefly. The HD800 never seemed to be for me... with my amps/source they always seemed cold and too analytical. The T1 presented itself in a way that always seemed more lively, like they had a bit of attitude.

To put it simply it's not an easy question as to which is better, but very easy to answer which I prefer.

Nov 27, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #8,230 of 10,994
  Haha, now you're torn again, aren't you? 
wink.gif

LOL. You got me!

It did, but only briefly. The HD800 never seemed to be for me... with my amps/source they always seemed cold and too analytical. The T1 presented itself in a way that always seemed more lively, like they had a bit of attitude.

To put it simply it's not an easy question as to which is better, but very easy to answer which I prefer.

That's a really nice way to put it

Nov 27, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #8,231 of 10,994
After a week with the limited edition T1, I can say that it is a definite improvement over the original, there is a sweetness to the overall tone which is enticing and a pleasure to the ears. I also have HE500 and K701 and before the cardas cabled T1 joined the stable, the original T1 was only a small revelation after a session with the others, now the difference is quite noticable.The bass line is more comfortably noticable, the vocals have an added degree of fullness and instrument separation more 3 D.

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #8,232 of 10,994
  After a week with the limited edition T1, I can say that it is a definite improvement over the original, there is a sweetness to the overall tone which is enticing and a pleasure to the ears. I also have HE500 and K701 and before the cardas cabled T1 joined the stable, the original T1 was only a small revelation after a session with the others, now the difference is quite noticable.The bass line is more comfortably noticable, the vocals have an added degree of fullness and instrument separation more 3 D.

Were your original T1s balanced? 

Nov 27, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #8,234 of 10,994
  I was comparing both SE into SPL Phonitor, I tried the balanced connector of the revised T1 into Bryston HP1 and it was a wider soundstage and fuller which is normal for balanced connection

Thank you. That leaves me wondering whether Beyerdynamic changed the tuning of the drivers besides the cable. Otherwise the changes must have come from the difference in cable--which seem to be quite a lot. Have we had any official information about this edition from Beyer?

Nov 28, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #8,235 of 10,994
The Cardas Clear Light cable cost around US$350-400 if brought separately and made a difference to the sound, I was told by the local dealer that the drivers are hand picked but essentially the same. Hong Kong has 50 of the total 600 units made this way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back