The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 14, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #7,456 of 10,994

Not to burst your bubble but the Americans (Audeze) have the Germans beat on this one
tongue_smile.gif

Highly doubt Audeze's would last as long as the T1's. :p

May 14, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #7,457 of 10,994
  So it has been almost 2 weeks since I bought my T1, and to this date I still find myself constantly adjusting its position on my head. Somehow to me, I can't get a 'perfect-fit' the way I do with HD800. Am I the only one here having problem with the T1's comfort?

My issue with T1's and their positioning is not comfort, but the fact that sound drastically changes depending on the position of headphones. Bringing them just slightly forward makes the sound dark, bringing them backwards makes it bright, so one channel can sound slightly louder than other depending on the position. I find that extremely annoying because if I just move my head slightly faster, the headphones move and then the imaging of the sound shifts and the tone changes. But that's what you get with angled drivers...

May 14, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #7,461 of 10,994
Might be getting some t1s but would need a tempory amp to drive them. Has any one tried the aune t1 with them or the schiit vali?

The Aune T1 does OK with the T1s, but nothing exceptional. For similar money, I agree with MoatsArt that the Crack is a brilliant option for the money.

If you can stretch your budget a bit and don't mind a bit of DIY, the Bottlehead Crack is a great option.

May 15, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #7,463 of 10,994
Greetings! Has anyone listened to the Dr. Chesky Ultimate Headphone demonstration disc with T1? I heard it can really show off with good phones.

I've listened to the previous binaural extravaganza and it sounds brilliant on the T1s.

May 15, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #7,464 of 10,994
I just want to let my T1 buddies know that I purchased mine at an eBay store, Sonicsence and I am very satisfied with it. They were dropping their price from $799.99 to $759.99 and I ordered it but eBay hasn't updated the price quick enough and I was charged $799.99. I contacted them and they refunded me the $40 difference. I was a little suspicious first because it is an eBay store but they have very high rating and the customer service is great. Finally, I received a new beautiful T1 with a great price. They are selling a lot of T1s at this price and I think there are only a few left.

May 15, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #7,465 of 10,994
Greetings! Has anyone listened to the Dr. Chesky Ultimate Headphone demonstration disc with T1? I heard it can really show off with good phones.

I have, and yes, it is a very pleasurable sonic experience (even though some of the music is not my favorite genre, it sounds so good I don't mind listening to it).

May 18, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #7,467 of 10,994
Might be getting some t1s but would need a tempory amp to drive them. Has any one tried the aune t1 with them or the schiit vali?
schiit is very over rated..i sent mine back..that made me very nervous about spending money on a amp I couldn't return with taking a hit with a restocking fee. Tried a fiio E09 based on youtube reviews, and never looked back. I'm sure I could do better, but for $125 this thing sounds fantastic

May 18, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #7,469 of 10,994

This question of low cost amp to drive T1's or HD800 has been asked many times. The Matrix M Stage is the obvious answer. It can drive both comfortably and sounds far above it's price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back