The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 11, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #10,516 of 10,994
Hi guys, I just got a T1 today, and I fk up already. I try to put the t1 drivers in my x2 body, and I it didn't work.

When I try to put the t1 drivers back. I couldn't get the screws back in all the way.

Where can I buy a new T1 body and is there a alternative way to implant t1s drivers into other headphones body.

Any help would be appreciated.

why in the world would you do this? I hope this is not a brand new set

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #10,517 of 10,994
I dropped my old pair of T1s, cracked the aluminum right at the T1 cutout, and had the same problem with the replacement parts. I solved it by drilling out the hole slightly larger. Seems Beyer changed the diameter of the screw.

That would have been several years ago, doesn't seem to have caused any issue.

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #10,518 of 10,994
  I dropped my old pair of T1s, cracked the aluminum right at the T1 cutout, and had the same problem with the replacement parts. I solved it by drilling out the hole slightly larger. Seems Beyer changed the diameter of the screw.

That would have been several years ago, doesn't seem to have caused any issue.

That's helpful thanks...

Mar 25, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #10,519 of 10,994
Hi guys,

I'm looking for an amplifier for my Beyerdynamic T1.2, which is my first high-end headphone. I've started my own thread about it as well, so feel free to comment on there as well: http://www.head-fi.org/t/842018/advice-wanted-amp-for-beyerdynamic-t1

Currently I own a Schiit Lyr 2 and Bifrost stack, from which I'd like to upgrade. My budget is about 3000 euro/dollar. It may seem like it is quite a large budget just for the T1.2, however I'm looking a versatile amp that is future proof, so that it can be paired with other flagships like the Focal Utopia, Audeze LCD-4, Hifiman HE1000 or Mrspeakers Ether in the future, to name a few of them.

I would prefer a tube amp over a solid state amp, for their warm and euphoric sound, although good solid state options can be considered as well. The amp doesn't have to be be dead neutral, but more romantic sounding. A balanced amp, is preferred, because of the benefits of having a balanced connection, like better channel separation and immunity to noise.

The Woo WA2 seems to have good synergy with the T1.2. But with it being a OTL amp it's quite exclusive and wouldn't do well with lower impedance headphones. Also with my budget, better options are probably available.

I looked into the Woo WA22 and Schiit Ragnarok, however I've never heard them, so I'm not sure if they would have good synergy with the T1.2. I would be interested in hearing impressions of those 2 pairings.

Mar 25, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #10,520 of 10,994
  Hi guys,

I'm looking for an amplifier for my Beyerdynamic T1.2, which is my first high-end headphone. I've started my own thread about it as well, so feel free to comment on there as well: http://www.head-fi.org/t/842018/advice-wanted-amp-for-beyerdynamic-t1

Currently I own a Schiit Lyr 2 and Bifrost stack, from which I'd like to upgrade. My budget is about 3000 euro/dollar. It may seem like it is quite a large budget just for the T1.2, however I'm looking a versatile amp that is future proof, so that it can be paired with other flagships like the Focal Utopia, Audeze LCD-4, Hifiman HE1000 or Mrspeakers Ether in the future, to name a few of them.

I would prefer a tube amp over a solid state amp, for their warm and euphoric sound, although good solid state options can be considered as well. The amp doesn't have to be be dead neutral, but more romantic sounding. A balanced amp, is preferred, because of the benefits of having a balanced connection, like better channel separation and immunity to noise.

The Woo WA2 seems to have good synergy with the T1.2. But with it being a OTL amp it's quite exclusive and wouldn't do well with lower impedance headphones. Also with my budget, better options are probably available.

I looked into the Woo WA22 and Schiit Ragnarok, however I've never heard them, so I'm not sure if they would have good synergy with the T1.2. I would be interested in hearing impressions of those 2 pairings.

One of the better pairing for the HD800, T1 and HE560 is a Hugo from my limited experiences so far.  Other amps that I've heard and have paired well with a variety of high Z  and planar headphones is the Liquid Glass, DarkStar, and Red Wine Isabellina, unfortunately the Liquid Glass and Isabellina are no longer produced.

Mar 25, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #10,521 of 10,994
Hi guys,

If i were you i whould pick violectric v280 Same as v281, but whitout preamp (Someone Correct me if im wrong?) It does have warmer sound than most of the ss amps. Nice strong bass, sub bass, mids with natural tone and fullness, smooth, but still extended highs, dynamic sound. Only downsides that it does have smaller soundstage than other more analytical amps and it does have a bit leds details than other s top dogs. It is better on balanced mode thou, more details, slightly bigger soundstage, overall more cleaner signature with slightly less bass. It is slight differences thou from single ended to balanced. Balanced obviously is superior slightly. I personally gonna buy V280 later this year.

Mar 26, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #10,522 of 10,994
  Hi guys,

One of the better pairing for the HD800, T1 and HE560 is a Hugo from my limited experiences so far.  Other amps that I've heard and have paired well with a variety of high Z  and planar headphones is the Liquid Glass, DarkStar, and Red Wine Isabellina, unfortunately the Liquid Glass and Isabellina are no longer produced.

I been to David place, he got A LOT of gear, listen to him.

My chord Hugo power the Beyer T1 and Ether C just fine. You can opt for the Chord Hugo TT which is the desktop version. I moved alot so I got the portable Amp/DAC hugo which serve me just fine, PLENTY of power left.

Mar 27, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #10,523 of 10,994
Just got done auditioning the Beyerdynamic T1 and Sennheiser HD800 and settled on the T1.  I first ordered the HD800s and were first wowed by their detail retrieval and huge soundstage.  However, after a few days, I started to realize that they were missing enjoyment and "magic" - intangibles.  For some reason, I just wasn't completely able to get into the music when listening through the HD800s.  So, I ended up ordering the T1s.  I was amazed at how totally precise the soundstage was on these, and how "right" everything sounded.  Instruments had the tonal body and realism that was missing from the the HD800s.  Voices had a sweet human quality.  I enjoyed the music SO much more with the Beyers.  

I just wanted to chime in and maybe resurrect this thread, because these headphones are really quite excellent.  BTW, my source is an Arcam CD37 SACD player and the amp is a Musical Fidelity M1HPA...great synergy with these cans!  

Mar 27, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #10,524 of 10,994

Speaking of resurrecting this thread, has anyone thought of having this moved to the Full Size Headphone Forum?  That would be way more appropriate and would get more traffic.  

Mar 27, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #10,525 of 10,994
Just got done auditioning the Beyerdynamic T1 and Sennheiser HD800 and settled on the T1.  I first ordered the HD800s and were first wowed by their detail retrieval and huge soundstage.  However, after a few days, I started to realize that they were missing enjoyment and "magic" - intangibles.  For some reason, I just wasn't completely able to get into the music when listening through the HD800s.  So, I ended up ordering the T1s.  I was amazed at how totally precise the soundstage was on these, and how "right" everything sounded.  Instruments had the tonal body and realism that was missing from the the HD800s.  Voices had a sweet human quality.  I enjoyed the music SO much more with the Beyers.  

I just wanted to chime in and maybe resurrect this thread, because these headphones are really quite excellent.  BTW, my source is an Arcam CD37 SACD player and the amp is a Musical Fidelity M1HPA...great synergy with these cans!  

While one may say your Arcam CD Player does not drive the HD800 to its full potential, I also come to the conclusion that the T1, with its traditional driver/housing design which is similar to most sound engineers are using to master music, make it a genre master.

Other dynamic headphone designs like the "ring" driver of HD800, "M Dome Speaker" driver of the Elear, "70mm LCP" of the Z1R are more innovative and technically better, but those designs are too deviated from the headphones most sound engineers are using. Thus one wound find "some" music would be played with "wow" with these innovative designed headphones, other music recording will sound unnatural with those design.

This is just my opinion.

Mar 27, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #10,526 of 10,994
While one may say your Arcam CD Player does not drive the HD800 to its full potential, I also come to the conclusion that the T1, with its traditional driver/housing design which is similar to most sound engineers are using to master music, make it a genre master.

Other dynamic headphone designs like the "ring" driver of HD800, "M Dome Speaker" driver of the Elear, "70mm LCP" of the Z1R are more innovative and technically better, but those designs are too deviated from the headphones most sound engineers are using. Thus one wound find "some" music would be played with "wow" with these innovative designed headphones, other music recording will sound unnatural with those design.

This is just my opinion.

Yes, I keep reading about how the HD800's ring driver is "technically superior" to the Beyerdynamic's tesla driver.  Doesn't mean much to me when IMHO it doesn't sound better.  The HD800 sounded thin and diffuse and artificial sounding.  Also, the soundstaging, while very wide and big, was distracting and unfocused.  I think the HD800 is really good for the "gear head" who likes listening to his equipment rather than the music (many of those around here).  The Beyers made me forget about the equipment and got straight to the heart of the music.  Technically I think it does this with its pinpoint imaging and overall musical presentation.  BTW, have you heard the CD37?  I think it can hold its own.  

Mar 27, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #10,527 of 10,994

Yes, I keep reading about how the HD800's ring driver is "technically superior" to the Beyerdynamic's tesla driver.  Doesn't mean much to me when IMHO it doesn't sound better.  The HD800 sounded thin and diffuse and artificial sounding.  Also, the soundstaging, while very wide and big, was distracting and unfocused.  I think the HD800 is really good for the "gear head" who likes listening to his equipment rather than the music (many of those around here).  The Beyers made me forget about the equipment and got straight to the heart of the music.  Technically I think it does this with its pinpoint imaging and overall musical presentation.  BTW, have you heard the CD37?  I think it can hold its own.  

what are you powering with?

Mar 27, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #10,530 of 10,994
  I think you have better sounding with a tube amp. 

With the HD800's or with the T1's or with both?  I'm quite happy with the sound right now with the T1's with my current amp.  There's always something better, and I'm sure there's a tube amp that would sound really great with the T1's.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back