The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 13, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #7,862 of 10,994
Westinghouse 6as7 ...and a Psvane CV181-Tii at the front...my favorite pair.
airy..bigbigsounding...spacious...

i am also using a csp2+ as a preamp...
( supposed to have sold off the DV but the combo is outrageously good..so kept both..lolz )

----------

enjoy the fotos....scroll my avatar album...these are all my distant sisters.

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #7,865 of 10,994
Thanks everyone! So I gather it's better to go for tubes (such as Schiit Valhalla/Lyr) than solid state like Oppo HA-1.

I'll look at Darkvoice. From a quick google, it's from China-- so I'm guessing it should be fairly easy to get from Singapore.

BTW, any thoughts on DIY kits? I saw a bunch from China selling for very good price especially for DACs...

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #7,866 of 10,994
  Thanks everyone! So I gather it's better to go for tubes (such as Schiit Valhalla/Lyr) than solid state like Oppo HA-1.

I'll look at Darkvoice. From a quick google, it's from China-- so I'm guessing it should be fairly easy to get from Singapore.

Matter of preference.  Most people tend to prefer warmer sounding amps with T1.  If you're buying "blind" then tube amps in general tend to lean more this way.

Plenty of people like a number of solid state amps with the T1.  Meier amps get a good review, I love my violectric.  Depending on who you ask, these solid state amps fall anywhere from neutral to slightly warm sounding.

If you plan to tube roll then you also get a bit of a safety net there though, as you can tweak it to sound more like how you prefer with the right tubes.

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #7,867 of 10,994

BTW, any thoughts on DIY kits? I saw a bunch from China selling for very good price especially for DACs...

If you're going budget, don't bother with anything other than the Bottlehead Crack. If you're spending more and you want DIY, there are a few others out there, but the Bottlehead S.E.X. & Mainline are both amazing with T1s

Aug 14, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #7,870 of 10,994
  guys in term of soundstage and details how the t1 behave? im between T1 and he560 and cant decide i dont know which is better on that department

The 560 is so new that you will have to get lucky to find someone on the forum who owns both. There are also different versions out there of the 560 so that may also cloud the comments. I can tell you that the T1 is excellent in both categories but it is not quite the equal of the HD800 in those departments. If you are going for the best soundstage the HD800 is the king. Still I listen to my T1's and enjoy them as they present things differently to my HD800's. Nice for a change of pace. I too have been looking at the 560's but from all the comments while many seem to like them they are getting mixed reviews because of the different versions out there.

Aug 15, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #7,874 of 10,994
fantastic ....audiogd ....two thumbs up ! 
Add in a tube amp when u are feeeling good with your wallet :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back