The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jan 15, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #19,306 of 23,493
That is the exact reason I took these 2 reviews!

It was mainly to show @Pelilin that different folks simply prefer different aspects in sound, shape, design, anything really. I thought that if he was willing to go on this journey he should realize that there is no good or bad but that it's about (often slight but sometimes major) preferences instead. Then there's the way you listen to your music, the preferred genres themselves, budget, the rest of the chain, perhaps a growth path, etcetera. Since he's having a similar situation to me (living in a region with no IEM brands to demo except for Sony, Sony, and Sony) you either need a lot of money, a lot of guts, or a lot of information to come up with an educated bet. And then it's still clever trying to buy something on sale, second hand, or whatever, in case you made the wrong bet (which is not unlikely at all) so you can sell them with a mild enough loss or even break even and hope for better times.

drftr
recognizing that everyone hears things differently the way I personally deal with reviews is to look for consensus...obviously no product will have 100% unanimity but I tend to pursue those with overwhelming positive reviews and avoid those with more poor than good....I dont see any other way to do it

Jan 15, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #19,308 of 23,493
recognizing that everyone hears things differently the way I personally deal with reviews is to look for consensus...obviously no product will have 100% unanimity but I tend to pursue those with overwhelming positive reviews and avoid those with more poor than good....I dont see any other way to do it
It may be more useful to find reviewers that listen to similar genres as you'd be able to relate to the points they make. And you have to find out if you're "allergic" to any sound specifics. For instance, I don't want any boost of bass or treble as it will draw my focus all the time while I want a more balanced sound. Once you find "your" reviewers you can follow their lead to narrow down the shopping list. Like I would take great reviews from known bass or treble heads with a grain of salt. Doesn't make those IEMs any worse, but chances are huge they're simply not my cup of tea.

drftr

Jan 15, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #19,309 of 23,493
That is the exact reason I took these 2 reviews!

It was mainly to show @Pelilin that different folks simply prefer different aspects in sound, shape, design, anything really. I thought that if he was willing to go on this journey he should realize that there is no good or bad but that it's about (often slight but sometimes major) preferences instead. Then there's the way you listen to your music, the preferred genres themselves, budget, the rest of the chain, perhaps a growth path, etcetera. Since he's having a similar situation to me (living in a region with no IEM brands to demo except for Sony, Sony, and Sony) you either need a lot of money, a lot of guts, or a lot of information to come up with an educated bet. And then it's still clever trying to buy something on sale, second hand, or whatever, in case you made the wrong bet (which is not unlikely at all) so you can sell them with a mild enough loss or even break even and hope for better times.

drftr
Have you been reading my mail? 😜

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #19,310 of 23,493
Have you been reading my mail? 😜
Yes, but the point I'm trying to make is that if you have certain preferences that the average reviewer doesn't have you'd be throwing out exactly those IEMs that you'd be looking for. Back to my case: 90% of the reviewers would discount IEMs that are bass light so they wouldn't make it to my shopping list, while it's exactly what I'm looking for. Another point is that 90% of the reviewers rarely review based on a wide range of classical music while that is what I'm listening too most. So that's another reason I shouldn't go with the crowd - or so I think.

drftr

Jan 16, 2022 at 5:29 AM Post #19,311 of 23,493
Hi, just want to share my newly arrived A18s, the build quality is pretty awesome! its using Fir audio Atom XL gold module

Mate, you've absolutely nailed it with the contrasting shell designs, I would have never thought to do something like that, but now I feel inspired, thanks!!

Jan 16, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #19,312 of 23,493
Yes, but the point I'm trying to make is that if you have certain preferences that the average reviewer doesn't have you'd be throwing out exactly those IEMs that you'd be looking for. Back to my case: 90% of the reviewers would discount IEMs that are bass light so they wouldn't make it to my shopping list, while it's exactly what I'm looking for. Another point is that 90% of the reviewers rarely review based on a wide range of classical music while that is what I'm listening too most. So that's another reason I shouldn't go with the crowd - or so I think.

drftr
i think understanding the reviewer music genre and library also help a lot. thank you again for the article i have read it. it is sad that the store near me which have all 64audio lineup sold all the demo and never put the demo again. i was looking for 64audio that might be an upgrade to my current mest mk2 or at least the same level. my library genre is mostly modern but sometimes i listen to classical or jazz.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #19,313 of 23,493
Been meaning to upgrade to endgame for a while. Was wondering about how much the variance in QC is for the u12t?

Jan 16, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #19,315 of 23,493
When my Utopia becomes too heavy I will plug in the Fourte/PW 1960. I like my EE collection but they just do not pair well with my TT2 while the Fourte pairs perfectly. I am in the market for another 64Audio iem which I hope will also pair well with the TT2. My thoughts run to the U12. Would this complement the Fourte? Does it have a good bass quantity and quality?

Jan 17, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #19,317 of 23,493
Jan 18, 2022 at 2:53 AM Post #19,318 of 23,493
I’m really enjoying the U12t’s and I’m used to the fit and comfort using the plain stock medium tips. They’re really not all that bad and they sound nice, but I keep wondering if I’m getting a good enough seal or not. I’m so used to deep fitting IEMs and new to IEMs still in general. These seem to be more between standard and deep. Once I get them in there I keep wondering if the seal breaks after a few minutes and I’m gradually losing bass and gaining thinness but I can’t tell if I really am or not or if it’s in my head. They don’t really feel like they’re pushing out but maybe moving in my ears a bit? How far in should they be? Here’s how they look in my ears. I just want to make sure I’m actually wearing and using these properly and the seal isn’t breaking. I feel like I need to keep checking by pushing them in my ears every few minutes.

I still like the Azla Lights I keep with me because they give the satisfaction of a deeper fit with the tip being a couple mm longer, but I like the stock sound just a little better so I typically stick with them. The Azla’s increase the bass but sometimes it’s a bit too much (with the M15) and they seem to neuter the air and sparkle.

Attachments

• B1E08EDF-8271-4B6A-A88A-F1BACF907EF1.jpeg
    B1E08EDF-8271-4B6A-A88A-F1BACF907EF1.jpeg
    397.6 KB · Views: 0
  • AFE4C8BA-215D-483A-84D6-3DD6058DEE27.jpeg
    AFE4C8BA-215D-483A-84D6-3DD6058DEE27.jpeg
    563.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 18, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #19,320 of 23,493
I’m really enjoying the U12t’s and I’m used to the fit and comfort using the plain stock medium tips. They’re really not all that bad and they sound nice, but I keep wondering if I’m getting a good enough seal or not. I’m so used to deep fitting IEMs and new to IEMs still in general. These seem to be more between standard and deep. Once I get them in there I keep wondering if the seal breaks after a few minutes and I’m gradually losing bass and gaining thinness but I can’t tell if I really am or not or if it’s in my head. They don’t really feel like they’re pushing out but maybe moving in my ears a bit? How far in should they be? Here’s how they look in my ears. I just want to make sure I’m actually wearing and using these properly and the seal isn’t breaking. I feel like I need to keep checking by pushing them in my ears every few minutes.

I still like the Azla Lights I keep with me because they give the satisfaction of a deeper fit with the tip being a couple mm longer, but I like the stock sound just a little better so I typically stick with them. The Azla’s increase the bass but sometimes it’s a bit too much (with the M15) and they seem to neuter the air and sparkle.
You can buy little o rings to increase the distance of the driver relative to your ear. That tends to reduce the sometimes over bearing bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back