The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 4, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #18,856 of 23,496
I've been avoiding saying anything on here about the Duo in an attempt to avoid being caught by the new toy syndrome.

However I have to agree with this poster, I have never heard anything quite like them, l have been searching for (for my tastes) a perfect iem that is suitable for all genres and all sources finally I have found them.

It has been a fun, but expensive journey and has seen me try the Sony IER-Z1R, CA Solaris and Andromeda, Ultimate Ears Live, Empire Ears Zeus, ESR, Nemesis and Odin, 64 Audio Trio, Nio, and U12T.

All have been great and enjoyable but nothing quite as euphoric and pleasurable to my ears as the Duo, of course for everyone else YMMV 😀
That's an impressive list of IEMs. So what makes the Duo so good for you? What does it do better than those you owned before?

EDIT: I guess my question is, can you please elaborate on 'euphoric and pleasurable'?

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #18,857 of 23,496
I've had

Andromeda
Solaris
Vega 2020
Dorado 2020
Atlas
Sony zr1
64 Nio
64 ut12
Ut6
Jerry Harvey Lola
Thieaudio oracle and excalibur
Unique melody Mirage and MEST

And several other sub kilobuck sets.

Duo: it's always hard to explain. Perfect sparkle up top but never hot. Mids are solid, vocals male and female are outstanding. And the bass...good lord the bass. It does exactly what the tune asks. Sub bass will vibrate your skull (but in a good way) but slam and timbre are also amazing.

It sounds like you're wearing HEKV2 or Arya but it might be better than both.

Obviously my opinion. But the first time I put them in I was 100% in love.

I paired with the linsoul euphrosyne 4.4.

Straight up sexy.

Attachments

• 081B7596-7CDE-4019-BDB6-B8055DFA1052.jpeg
    081B7596-7CDE-4019-BDB6-B8055DFA1052.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Nov 4, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #18,858 of 23,496
I've had

Andromeda
Solaris
Vega 2020
Dorado 2020
Atlas
Sony zr1
64 Nio
64 ut12
Ut6
Jerry Harvey Lola
Thieaudio oracle and excalibur
Unique melody Mirage and MEST

And several other sub kilobuck sets.

Duo: it's always hard to explain. Perfect sparkle up top but never hot. Mids are solid, vocals male and female are outstanding. And the bass...good lord the bass. It does exactly what the tune asks. Sub bass will vibrate your skull (but in a good way) but slam and timbre are also amazing.

It sounds like you're wearing HEKV2 or Arya but it might be better than both.

Obviously my opinion. But the first time I put them in I was 100% in love.

I paired with the linsoul euphrosyne 4.4.

Straight up sexy.
Any experience with the IE900 by any chance?
How does it fare against the Dorado 2020?

Nov 4, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #18,862 of 23,496
Also keen to hear from someone who owns both Duo and IE900...
Never had them both at the same time, but I returned my ie900 and am planning on keeping the duo.

Then again, my experience with the ie900 didn't really seem to match others experience with it.

Nov 4, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #18,864 of 23,496
I prefer the IE900. I couldn't stand the Dorado 2020 and had to return it. I seem to be an outlier in my disdain for it, though.

But now, dammit, I'm intrigued by Duo.
The Duo is indeed intriguing , all the impressions I've read have been positive , including reviews by @Deezel177 and @Precogvision.

The Dorado is polarising, that's for sure. I love it though. Now I'm debating between the Duo and IE900.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #18,865 of 23,496
The Duo is indeed intriguing , all the impressions I've read have been generally positive , including reviews by @Deezel177 and @Precogvision.

The Dorado is polarising, that's for sure. I love it though. Now I'm debating between the Duo and IE900.
I own the IE900 and given your sensitivity to upper mids, I think it might work very well for you. I find it a bit veiled since I prefer my upper mids more forward. I love its bass response, though. Every time I think about selling it, it's bass response reminds me of how good it is.

I heard the Duo at CanJan and I didn't like it at all. Now, I didn't get much time with it so I may change my mind with a more extended listen. I felt the same way about my second listen to the U12t. I think maybe the 64 Audio sound isn't for me. Not giving up, though. I need a 64 Audio IEM in my collection.

Nov 4, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #18,866 of 23,496
I own the IE900 and given your sensitivity to upper mids, I think it might work very well for you. I find it a bit veiled since I prefer my upper mids more forward. I love its bass response, though. Every time I think about selling it, it's bass response reminds me of how good it is.

I heard the Duo at CanJan and I didn't like it at all. Now, I didn't get much time with it so I may change my mind with a more extended listen. I felt the same way about my second listen to the U12t. I think maybe the 64 Audio sound isn't for me. Not giving up, though. I need a 64 Audio IEM in my collection.

Have you heard the Trio? For me, it's the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Nov 4, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #18,867 of 23,496

But I think I'm now more capable of enjoying a more forward upper midrange. I've been enjoying the LX a lot more after listening to it exclusively for a week. It made my Dorado pretty weird when I got back to it, it took me a while to adjust, lol.
I don’t have much experience with 64audio other than Fourte which I think it's a pretty special IEM.

Nov 4, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #18,868 of 23,496
Have you heard the Trio? For me, it's the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
Not yet. I own the Legend EVO and Legend X so I thought that the Trio might be redundant. But, at this point, the Trio may be my best path with 64 Audio.

Actually, I want to like the U12t. I want to give it another listen with the M20 module. Headphones.com only had the M15 module and I found it bass light.

Nov 4, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #18,869 of 23,496
Not yet. I own the Legend EVO and Legend X so I thought that the Trio might be redundant. But, at this point, the Trio may be my best path with 64 Audio.

Actually, I want to like the U12t. I want to give it another listen with the M20 module. Headphones.com only had the M15 module and I found it bass light.
Although I still was not 100% happy with it (hence it has been sold off), the U12t with the M20 was my favourite of the modules. The M15 didn't do a lot for me either.

Nov 4, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #18,870 of 23,496

Users who are viewing this thread

Back