The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 9, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #18,451 of 23,487
It’s a little hard to know what really goes on with the Tiger’s ears. But… You can take a look at his signature and see what’s left of it… lol

I was there when it happened… I saw it fall in place 🤣

Tastes do change with time. Not sure who has his Trio now, but @rantng has his Fourté Noir, and I now have his Fourté.

While I have never tried the Trio, I do both enjoyed the Noir, and the Fourté. I might even give the edge to the Noir just because of my preferences. But overall, none of them beat the amount of enjoyment I have had with IER-Z1R, while to some, it might not have the same technical chops as the Fourté, but when it deems your ears worthy, it’s sonic performance was still hard to beat, but due to some surprising course of events, the tiger now wields my IER-Z1R as his weapon of choice. Quite the Journey, I must say.

Not an usual ierz1r I must say they serial # speaks for it self 😛😛😛 I am sure this model is simply the best ierz1r of the ier's lmao

Attachments

• PXL_20210902_155031421.jpg
    PXL_20210902_155031421.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Sep 9, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #18,452 of 23,487
Not an usual ierz1r I must say they serial # speaks for it self 😛😛😛 I am sure this model is simply the best ierz1r of the ier's lmao
Staph showing it to me lmao

I got so lucky with that serial number. 3 and 3 7's lol

On another note, I still have yet to unbox the Fourte...

I got pretty busy with filling up so much paperwork and further tests for my injury just to see when I could actually go back to work without issues.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #18,453 of 23,487
That is a very good question what is in Tigers head and what's going on! LoL well in real world tigers are very wise and sneaky predators and that reflects their hearing abilities. Tigers hearing
Tigers are believed to be able to hear in the range of 0.2 kHz and 65 kHz, which is considerably different to the frequency at which humans hear. We have a hearing range of about 0.02 kHz and 20 kHz. High-pitched noises are clearly more intense for cats, both wild and domestic, than they are to humans.

Yes Og Fourté had my attention for a very long time but Ii always was unhappy with its treble being not gentle and it was painful with some music. So I moved on to Trio and that was a hugeee relief to my ears even if Trio still has an elevated treble it was no near Fourté problems. So I could take Trio treble and life was happy and good for some time lol.

Then I discovered the IER Z1R but had tremendous fit issues! Why well it didn't work but I loved how it sounded, to my ears iers are the pinnacle of iems capabilities.
Then I I sold the noirs and went back to Trios until me got a face to face with the Noirs! 🤣🥰 Then we had a quite long time in honey moon time I truly enjoyed the Noirs a lot but so as the fourté line seems to be causing me problems. The og is the treble and noirs is the bass aaaaa come-on its still not perfect oh my.
I lived with the elevated bass and tried all the possibilities in the world to correct it down but I went to far and did wayyyu to many compromises in my gears and even screwed up my 1z with modifications and tunings...

So what's now? 🔥💥
I bought sk then swapped it with ierz1r from my good friend @riverground .

My conclusive story is this!
IER Z1R is the most extended in bass and treble iem, has the supreme precised sony ba driver for mids, treble is beyond Tigers hearing range ! Its simply a killer performance iem.

I do love 64a iems they are awesome and one of the best on the market. But I feel they are not as capable in terms of frequencies range like newer iems are. Yes I say that flagship iems should reach frequencies of 5hz to 45 000 hz and thats bare minimum in my book.
Do not over exaggerate treble nore bass and mids should be ultra natural and effortless.
And more copper in wires instead of silver, silver is to fast and unaturally sounding. I really like how kimber kable sounds and it's pure copper!
64a iems will benefit from copper but since they use silver more is to compensate the overly bassy tendency that they tune into their iems line... I found with my experiments that it brings into a territory where your music sound not natural but rather different and not how it is in nature. Or how your ears meant to naturally perceive it...

This is why my current end game is ierz1r and kimber kable plus wm1z
3hz to 100 000hz, all copper setup and mighty 1z that is waiting for a successor to replace it with wm1z mkII 🤣😱😛
My ears went threw a lot of gear and I also been evolving, emotionally and sonically and this is where it all brought me at.

🐅🐾🌴🌿
Just saw your signature… lol 🚂

Sep 9, 2021 at 2:25 AM Post #18,454 of 23,487
That is a very good question what is in Tigers head and what's going on! LoL well in real world tigers are very wise and sneaky predators and that reflects their hearing abilities. Tigers hearing
Tigers are believed to be able to hear in the range of 0.2 kHz and 65 kHz, which is considerably different to the frequency at which humans hear. We have a hearing range of about 0.02 kHz and 20 kHz. High-pitched noises are clearly more intense for cats, both wild and domestic, than they are to humans.

Yes Og Fourté had my attention for a very long time but Ii always was unhappy with its treble being not gentle and it was painful with some music. So I moved on to Trio and that was a hugeee relief to my ears even if Trio still has an elevated treble it was no near Fourté problems. So I could take Trio treble and life was happy and good for some time lol.

Then I discovered the IER Z1R but had tremendous fit issues! Why well it didn't work but I loved how it sounded, to my ears iers are the pinnacle of iems capabilities.
Then I I sold the noirs and went back to Trios until me got a face to face with the Noirs! 🤣🥰 Then we had a quite long time in honey moon time I truly enjoyed the Noirs a lot but so as the fourté line seems to be causing me problems. The og is the treble and noirs is the bass aaaaa come-on its still not perfect oh my.
I lived with the elevated bass and tried all the possibilities in the world to correct it down but I went to far and did wayyyu to many compromises in my gears and even screwed up my 1z with modifications and tunings...

So what's now? 🔥💥

IER Z1R is the most extended in bass and treble iem, has the supreme precised sony ba driver for mids, treble is beyond Tigers hearing range ! Its simply a killer performance iem.

I do love 64a iems they are awesome and one of the best on the market. But I feel they are not as capable in terms of frequencies range like newer iems are. Yes I say that flagship iems should reach frequencies of 5hz to 45 000 hz and thats bare minimum in my book.
Do not over exaggerate treble nore bass and mids should be ultra natural and effortless.
And more copper in wires instead of silver, silver is to fast and unaturally sounding. I really like how kimber kable sounds and it's pure copper!
64a iems will benefit from copper but since they use silver more is to compensate the overly bassy tendency that they tune into their iems line... I found with my experiments that it brings into a territory where your music sound not natural but rather different and not how it is in nature. Or how your ears meant to naturally perceive it...

3hz to 100 000hz, all copper setup and mighty 1z that is waiting for a successor to replace it with wm1z mkII 🤣😱😛
My ears went threw a lot of gear and I also been evolving, emotionally and sonically and this is where it all brought me at.

🐅🐾🌴🌿

I already wanted to try the Z1R but now I feel I have to!

Anything that's an improvement on the Trio can only be exceptional cause that iem does almost everything right.

Sep 9, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #18,455 of 23,487
I already wanted to try the Z1R but now I feel I have to!

Anything that's an improvement on the Trio can only be exceptional cause that iem does almost everything right.
It technically is a "Trio" as well lol 2DD 1BA.

I hope the fit won't be an issue for you. Try as many different tips as you can.

I'm hoping to try out the Trio sometime soon. Just waiting to meet someone that has a Trio in the Toronto area.

Sep 9, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #18,456 of 23,487

So what's now? 🔥💥

🐅🐾🌴🌿
Lol… It’s great to see some classic Tiger posts after such a long time 🤣

Glad you’re enjoying IER-Z1R. They’re awesome. Still one of my faves too :) maybe Duo will give it a run for its money. Looking forward to the full reveal.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #18,457 of 23,487
Lol… It’s great to see some classic Tiger posts after such a long time 🤣

Glad you’re enjoying IER-Z1R. They’re awesome. Still one of my faves too :) maybe Duo will give it a run for it’s money. Looking forward to the full reveal.

Me too 64a and sony are my two favorites!

Sep 9, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #18,458 of 23,487
Haha, now somebody collect Tiger’s historical comments and compile a book as a “Tiger’s audiophile journey (and what to expect when buying earphones) “:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sep 9, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #18,460 of 23,487
Sep 9, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #18,461 of 23,487
Yeah, we’ll just have to wait and see what this is gonna be.

3900FDA4-FF41-49AF-8233-2D53AB28A504.jpeg
3F913C87-5BFE-4E95-BEED-B2F6346F2331.jpeg

It is an empty shell.
752DB669-9DC6-43A3-A6B0-8A9FB4EFD664.jpeg

With what looks to be an IPX connector that 64 Audio is currently pushing for in their customs.
4D8A6940-F9F3-45F5-964F-3D1A04DAD786.jpeg

The other thing to note is that, it seems to have a shorter nozzle a la FitEar and CFA “Audiophile Fit”.
B74EBA38-3011-4237-AA40-E4A2016C8AA9.jpeg

We’re ever so nearing the end of the year, so I’m hoping we’ll get some more details about this one.
definitely way sooner than you expected :imp:

Sep 9, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #18,462 of 23,487
Sep 9, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #18,463 of 23,487
816B34AD-31C6-4AFC-AEF4-DE699A701A44.jpeg

"Duo feels light, leaving your ears feeling open and relaxed even for long listening periods. While effortlessly producing deep and rich low frequencies with plenty of sub bass, the vast open air sensation supports an unobstructed soundstage with impactful center imaging." - 64 Audio

Duo is looking quite stunning… 👀

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #18,465 of 23,487
Weird how a single image can alter the opinion of a weak, weak man like me, hahahaha. I suddenly have interest. At least enough to pay attention again after the "boy who cried wolf" marketing campaign, LOL.

Still don't know driver config...plus need to always add $ to the budget for a cable when buying 64...at least I would cuz I ride or die with 4.4mm. If the Duo is not going to be the new flagship, gives me a fighting chance of having the budget for it. Maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back