The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 4, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #18,391 of 23,417
He’s not just Thor anymore… lol he has taken the throne of kingship and is now wielding Gungnir (IER-Z1R 😉)

Tiger is holding the spartan spear of king Leonidas the true weapon of choice ! 🙃😛😸💪 🐅🐾

And now his Mjolnir (Fourté) has been passed down to me 😂

Lol the SK is now back to me.

You are the master of all legendary iems 🙃 now you're missing the IER Z1R it got slipped to Tiger stronghold now hehe

Sep 5, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #18,392 of 23,417
Hi all,
in your opinions, about the dua,
if there is a planar in it, what would that imply:
- more than 3000$ ?
- a better/heavier amp to handle it ?

Sep 5, 2021 at 6:11 AM Post #18,393 of 23,417
Hi all,
in your opinions, about the dua,
if there is a planar in it, what would that imply:
- more than 3000$ ?
- a better/heavier amp to handle it ?
The latter will depend on implementation, but I don’t think the former must be true. Every planar IEM I’m aware of (Audeze LCD-i4, Audeze Euclid, AAW Nightingale, UM ME-1) have all come under $3000. Most of them float around $1000-$1500, in fact. But, if 64’s gonna tout this as their new flagship, for example, then it’ll most likely go above $3000, simply because of performance/hierarchy.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #18,395 of 23,417
I’ve had my 1964 v6 Stage for about 8 years now. I like them well enough, but I can’t open my mouth without losing seal, so its probably time for a refit. Tech has probably come a long way too.

I’ve got extremely narrow ear canals. My ear openings are about same size as a q-tip head. As far as I know, custom is my only option. I’ve never found a universal tip that fits me.

I’ve been out of the HeadFi game for a while. I’m thinking about doing the 64 legacy discount to get 20% off their A6T. Anything else I should be looking at instead? I dont really want to spend so much, but I know service is important to good fit.

I’m also curious if 1964 would be willing to send me their digital scan of my impression so I could try some far-east customs later.

Sep 5, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #18,396 of 23,417
This could cost $4k+ as this is the trend with TOTL units. People will pay, and in 4 years the next TOTL unit will pass $6k considering this trend and inflation.

Sep 6, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #18,399 of 23,417
Would the new "Duo" being a new flagship for 64 Audio?

I just wonder as their FB just posted the following a couple of days ago,

"The pinnacle of in-ear monitor technology, Fourté takes full advantage of everything we've learned up to this point in designing world-class in-ear monitors. Fourté boasts the most accurate sound and widest soundstage of any in-ear monitor, making it the perfect choice for audiophiles seeking detailed, lifelike audio, and three-dimensional sound."

Sep 6, 2021 at 5:33 AM Post #18,400 of 23,417
Would the new "Duo" being a new flagship for 64 Audio?

I just wonder as their FB just posted the following a couple of days ago,

"The pinnacle of in-ear monitor technology, Fourté takes full advantage of everything we've learned up to this point in designing world-class in-ear monitors. Fourté boasts the most accurate sound and widest soundstage of any in-ear monitor, making it the perfect choice for audiophiles seeking detailed, lifelike audio, and three-dimensional sound."
Based on the marketing (and how it’s the last to come out of their new releases), that would be the implication. We don’t know for sure, of course. The Fourte is still their current flagship, but it came out several years ago as well. So, in the text you highlighted, the point they’re talking about would technically be then, rather than today. That’s not to the Fourte’s discredit at all, though. As many others have said, it’s impressive how well it’s aged and remained competitive to this day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back