The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 3, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #18,064 of 23,496
Aug 4, 2021 at 2:30 AM Post #18,065 of 23,496
has anyone tried spiral dot sf (EP-FX11) with u12t ?

I've been tip rolling these past few weeks, tried azla sedna xelastec, symbio W peel, spiral dot EP-FX10, spinfit cp100, spinfit cp , final audio type e clear and the spiral dot sf and imho I find the spiral dot sf sounds the best to my ears so far.. sounds a lot more open without impact to the bass compared to the rest.

haven't tried the azla sedna earfit short yet. Would probably give those a try when I have the chance to order those.

since it's short flange similar to spiral dot sf would also probably have almost similar or better results.

Aug 4, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #18,067 of 23,496
does m20 give more detail in treble than m15
M20 is by far the worst choice of module in my opinion.

It makes an already generously bassy iem become far too stuffy, and chokes out the highs.

It's great if you want a very smooth and rumbly sound.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Aug 4, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #18,068 of 23,496
Big thanks to @Ojisan for letting me borrow his U18s for a short time to compare (from memory) to the A18s I used to own.

Here’s the only picture I took lol, the U12t is on the left, U18s on the right. Build quality is very nice and the finish on the U18s has this smooth rubbery type feel, different to any of their other UIEMs I have used.

E46E7646-A98E-4BA4-83B8-6993B22A00FC.jpeg

Overall there are some differences but obviously this is attributed to insertion depth, tips, etc.

I heard the U18s to have a slightly cleaner mid bass presence relative to the A18s. The A18s is more boomy and “uncontrolled” if you will. The lower mid range on the U18s again was cleaner and notes sounded like they had better articulation to me. The U18s is not as warm as the A18s also, especially in the upper mid range and lower treble region and this was VERY noticeable to me. This made the rise from lower treble to upper treble a bit more linear to me and gave a slightly more natural treble presentation to my ears. There is still quite the upper treble emphasis, but I much prefer how I heard it on the U18s over the A18s.

Overall, if I could only choose one it would be the U18s. The warmth of the IEM in general coupled with being in a CIEM fit just makes the A18s too warm to me.

Awesome. If you could compare u18s vs u6t it be great )

Agreed with you @aaf evo that the U12t is >> than the U18s when it comes to sub-bass quantity (and maybe even quality).
i personally had a revelation with the U18s recently when i switched from stock 64a foamies to azla sednafits…i was shocked at how much stronger the bass presence was with the silicone tips…just a revelation.

From everything I tried Final Type E are my favorite all arounder with best bass response.

agree with sedna ear fit medium small, and leaving 1mm gap. i first tried u12t with final tips, but now moved to sedna. this u12t is simply amazing, if anyone is getting less stellar results they must try as many possible tips.

as for cables man these iems love power so no way would i use the u12t single ended on my ak sp2000, and a good silver cable is a must for u12t

You are the official tip master guy ! You have them all 😁

It makes an already generously bassy iem become far too stuffy, and chokes out the highs.

Yet fourté has them as default. While it does add good amount of bass and taimes down air. It offers best isolation.

Aug 4, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #18,069 of 23,496
Awesome. If you could compare u18s vs u6t it be great )

From everything I tried Final Type E are my favorite all arounder with best bass response.

You are the official tip master guy ! You have them all 😁

Yet fourté has them as default. While it does add good amount of bass and taimes down air. It offers best isolation.
:) an iem must move through the roller coaster of tip rolling and trust me it starts as fun then u get ear fatigue, so i decided to do such tip rolling slowly now :)

what u see is just part i have i carry with me in my bag :) tons r still at home

the biggest nightmahre was lola :) that one drove me nuts

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #18,070 of 23,496

Totally agree. Especially in combination with foam tips (for me at least) it`s way to bassy with the M20s. Like the MX module the most.

Aug 4, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #18,071 of 23,496
as for cables man these iems love power so no way would i use the u12t single ended on my ak sp2000, and a good silver cable is a must for u12t
Just out of curiosity - are suggesting an all silver cable or a silver plated copper cable? What is your favorite cable with the U12T? Thanks in advance!

Aug 4, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #18,072 of 23,496
Just out of curiosity - are suggesting an all silver cable or a silver plated copper cable? What is your favorite cable with the U12T? Thanks in advance!
i have a custom made all silver cable that i use with u12T

Aug 4, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #18,073 of 23,496
:) an iem must move through the roller coaster of tip rolling and trust me it starts as fun then u get ear fatigue, so i decided to do such tip rolling slowly now :)

what u see is just part i have i carry with me in my bag :) tons r still at home

the biggest nightmahre was lola :) that one drove me nuts

🤣 I admire your tip collection it is veryyyy handy I agree and cable rolling also helps!

I have lola I snapped 64a small foames on it! Works like a charm and the tip of the bore is right at the edge of the foam. So I get clear sound and maximum isolation. The full 26db!
I also use 4pin to 2pin adapter with pw audio Xerxes on lola a very neet setup 🥰

On the other hand I am waiting @64Audio to announce the new flagship iem it been time to show more teasers already

Aug 4, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #18,074 of 23,496
🤣 I admire your tip collection it is veryyyy handy I agree and cable rolling also helps!

I have lola I snapped 64a small foames on it! Works like a charm and the tip of the bore is right at the edge of the foam. So I get clear sound and maximum isolation. The full 26db!
I also use 4pin to 2pin adapter with pw audio Xerxes on lola a very neet setup 🥰

On the other hand I am waiting @64Audio to announce the new flagship iem it been time to show more teasers already
i have these for sale

https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/whyears-jhaudio-iem-cable-adapters.6311/

the lola man it was a literal lab work for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back