The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Apr 8, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #16,786 of 23,481
I am listening the U18s with the Chord Hugo 2. U18s has a smooth warm signature and the H2 is a great DAC/Amp with high technicalities. It’s a great pairing.

5B8B8A43-D351-43CD-8079-8E969CB60A84.jpeg

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #16,787 of 23,481
I've owned the A18T now for 3 plus years. This maybe the only product in this hobby that I have never thought about upgrading, ever. it is that good.

tempImageYuSJQR.png

tempImagenuWKmh.png

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #16,788 of 23,481
I've owned the A18T now for 3 plus years. This maybe the only product in this hobby that I have never thought about upgrading, ever. it is that good.

tempImageYuSJQR.png

tempImagenuWKmh.png
Same for my A12t. Sometimes it fews boring, but then I give it more attention and it shows me why it is still the best all rounders I had.

Apr 8, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #16,790 of 23,481
Uh-oh haha. In my defense, I do say the Fourte and Trio have the most holographic imaging and open staging. Indeed head and shoulders above the other IEMs for these metrics. But to my ears, for spatial cues and accuracy specifically, they are not quite up to par with the other 64A IEMs. I value consistency above all else, so unfortunately I had to take points off despite their terrific “wow” factor!
Ok, now that I have read your review cover to cover, I won't come after you for the imaging ranking, but bass? U12t has 'better' bass than Fourte!? I only have one thing to say about that...

MistyUnlinedDuck-size_restricted.gif

Seriously though, great review man! I know how these things are a labour of love. I probably should have included the U12t in my own review as it was the first 64 Audio IEM - heck the first true high-end IEM - I'd ever heard, and still holds a place in my heart.

But ultimately, for me, it's just too safe, too 'easy listening' to really excite, but only (and this is important) only when compared to other IEMs that do things 'better'.

I could easily get a U12t and retire from the audio game satisfied, but to really push the limits of what's possible, that's not what the U12t is for.

No need to rehash what I wrote in my own review, just to say thanks for adding value to this thread and to our collective appreciation for all things 64 Audio. You don't often see multi-IEM shootouts done for other brands, and that's testament to the uniquely high level and very selective and intentional tuning that gives each and every 64 Audio IEM its own space to shine.

PS. You're not the first and won't be the last person to suggest Trio is a more mature Fourte. I had a gif in mind for that one too, but it's NSFW. 😝

Apr 8, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #16,791 of 23,481
I feel like spending some money. I have and love EE LX Universal, Trio, U12t, Nio. I wouldn't part with any of them. I'd rather have too much than too little bass. Prefer it not be too mid-bassy or bloomy. Don't like sizzling, blistering highs.
Genre preference is jazz.

Do I want Odin, Fourte, or Sony IER-Z1R?

Bonus Points : Included cable needs no upgrade and is balanced.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #16,792 of 23,481
I feel like spending some money. I have and love EE LX Universal, Trio, U12t, Nio. I wouldn't part with any of them. I'd rather have too much than too little bass. Prefer it not be too mid-bassy or bloomy. Don't like sizzling, blistering highs.

I've only heard Fourte and it's exceptional for jazz. Life-like and also life size. Others will no doubt chime in about how it compares to Odin and Z1R for this genre.

Apr 8, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #16,793 of 23,481
Don't like sizzling, blistering highs.
Just on this point I would say tread carefully with Fourte. Some people aren't greatly impacted by it (looking at you @gLer :wink: ) while others, myself included, found it a little too hot too often. It is an incredible IEM so would just say demo first if you have the chance.

Apr 8, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #16,794 of 23,481

The Odin is really nice with Jazz.

Apr 8, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #16,795 of 23,481
Just got my 64 Nio in the mail and am in love <3. Wanted to post because I got them B Stock and have found no discernible blemish whatsoever. When I was shopping for them, I was looking for experiences from folks who had gotten B stock units to see what it was like for them. YMMV and all that, but for whatever its worth, I would be super confident getting B Stock from 64 again in the future.

edit: happy to post pictures if it would be useful to anyone

Well a quick and disappointing update to my B-stock purchase. I noticed sound cutting out of the right IEM. While 64 Audio were great about helping my diagnose the problem and it was of course covered under warranty (since the problem emerged immediately) the process of getting them repaired or replaced has been pretty frustrating. While their customer service folks have been nice and seem to be doing everything they can within the system as its set up, the process for dealing with a product that is defective on arrival was disappointing to say the least. I was told on the phone that they would take a look and either fix them immediately or just replace them and send another set back out the door; after waiting almost a week without much news, they are now saying that repair takes, on average, two weeks.

I suppose that is the risk I ran in getting a B stock product; but the whole thing has left a bit of a sour taste given such an expensive purchase. The B stock deal pricing was amazing (still probably worth the hassle—and minor expense of return shipping, which, I think oddly, I had to cover), and a few weeks wait is no biggy in the grand scheme of things, especially given how much I liked the sound. But since I was so effusive about the initial B stock experience, I thought I'd post my more sobering update.

edit: spelling fix! Also I should add in the interest of a full report: they were kind and comped me one of the fancy aluminum cases and some extra of their very comfy foam tips for the bother about return shipping and the wait.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #16,796 of 23,481
Well a quick and disappointing update to my B-stock purchase. I noticed sound cutting out of the right IEM. While 64 Audio were great about helping my diagnose the problem and it was of course covered under warranty (since the problem emerged immediately) the process of getting them repaired or replaced has been pretty frustrating. While their customer service folks have been nice and seem to be doing everything they can within the system as its set up, the process for dealing with a product that is defective on arrival was disappointing to say the least. I was told on the phone that they would take a look and either fix them immediately or just replace them and send another set back out the door; after waiting almost a week without much news, they are now saying that repair takes, on average, two weeks.

I suppose that is the risk I ran in getting a B stock product; but the whole thing has left a bit of a sour taste given such an expensive purchase. The B stock deal pricing was amazing (still probably worth the hassle—and minor expense of return shipping, which, I think oddly, I had to cover), and a few weeks wait is no biggy in the grand scheme of things, especially given how much I liked the sound. But since I was so effusive about the initial B stock experience, I thought I'd post my more sobering update.

edit: spelling fix!
I agree with your frustrations. As much as I respect 64, they should have covered shipping and definitely situated you better off than 3 weeks minimum.

Apr 8, 2021 at 8:34 PM Post #16,797 of 23,481
I agree with your frustrations. As much as I respect 64, they should have covered shipping and definitely situated you better off than 3 weeks minimum.
At least the wait is for a really good product that—this time hopefully!—will work for a long time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back