The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 25, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #14,656 of 23,496
Hi, I lucked into a good deal on a barely used tia trio. My question does the trio need burning in and if so for how many hours? thx
If it's already got ~50h on it probably not. No harm in running it for a day or two to eliminate any burn in doubt though. Pls share your impressions here along with music choices when you get them.

Nov 25, 2020 at 1:25 AM Post #14,657 of 23,496
Not sure why there are past complaints about the original Fourte like incoherent sound, funny stage and wonky tonality... I just had it for a few days and even though it has been almost 4 years since it was initially released, it still sounded great to me. It is very musical and vocals have accurate tones true to real voices. Technicalities are at high level as well. Am I missing something?

The wonky incoherency people ment was about some notes being to quiet or fainted away. To really experience this you need to eventually also find that passage and pinpoint it. Once you have found it then use another iem and replay the same passage and tou will realise that on the other iem it sounds louder and that note is more elevated and present the. On oj fourte...

This is some sound effect I guess It might be the way the sound is produced by the tia mids as thats where the issue seemed to happen.

I know exactly what that is and I can 100% confirm tia noir dont exibit of that issue.

Its nothing major but it is fourte oj personality hehe so like it!

Nov 25, 2020 at 1:36 AM Post #14,659 of 23,496
The wonky incoherency people ment was about some notes being to quiet or fainted away. To really experience this you need to eventually also find that passage and pinpoint it. Once you have found it then use another iem and replay the same passage and tou will realise that on the other iem it sounds louder and that note is more elevated and present the. On oj fourte...

This is some sound effect I guess It might be the way the sound is produced by the tia mids as thats where the issue seemed to happen.

I know exactly what that is and I can 100% confirm tia noir dont exibit of that issue.

Its nothing major but it is fourte oj personality hehe so like it!

Thanks for comments Tiger.

So far I didn’t find anything wonky at all on Fourte yet. In fact its sound is so natural and is a good all rounder as well.

Nov 25, 2020 at 3:10 AM Post #14,661 of 23,496
How would you compare Fourte to Odin?

Geez, that’s a tough question :sweat_smile::disappointed_relieved:

They’re so different and I think I’m not ready to compare them :smiley:

I would just say they are for different enjoyment - Odin is for fun sound but not so accurate and Fourte is for serious listening with natural sounds. I think Fourte is more audiophile sound but I enjoyed both as both are unique.

Nov 25, 2020 at 3:12 AM Post #14,662 of 23,496
Geez, that’s a tough question :sweat_smile::disappointed_relieved:

They’re so different and I think I’m not ready to compare them :smiley:

I would just say they are for different enjoyment - Odin is for fun sound but not so accurate and Fourte is for serious listening with natural sounds. I think Fourte is more audiophile sound but I enjoyed both as both are unique.
Interesting, most consider the Odin a 'reference' IEM and the Fourte a 'fun' IEM and you have that swapped around. Funny how people hear and describe the same IEMs so differently.

Nov 25, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #14,663 of 23,496
Interesting, most consider the Odin a 'reference' IEM and the Fourte a 'fun' IEM and you have that swapped around. Funny how people hear and describe the same IEMs so differently.

Yeah that’s how I hear them, not sure about others. I guess different ears different brains haha

edit: Fourte not just serious listening but fun as well. I don’t consider Odin reference but that’s just my opinion.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 4:04 AM Post #14,665 of 23,496
Just to add, Odin clarity is excellent but sometimes can sound exaggerated. Fourte sound more natural especially vocals and giving a better euphoria/emotional sound.
Vocals are one of 64 Audio's strength IMO. Nio is particularly euphonic and my favourite for vocals out of the Nio/U12t/Trio, but all three have superb vocals (Trio doesn't like bright or poorly recorded vocals though, whereas the other two are far more forgiving).

Nov 25, 2020 at 4:14 AM Post #14,666 of 23,496
Vocals are one of 64 Audio's strength IMO. Nio is particularly euphonic and my favourite for vocals out of the Nio/U12t/Trio, but all three have superb vocals (Trio doesn't like bright or poorly recorded vocals though, whereas the other two are far more forgiving).

Yep, 64 Audio have good tuning that won’t go wrong :)

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #14,668 of 23,496
Hey guys,

Slightly off topic, but looking for a super portable DAC to pair with my OnePlus 8 Pro and U12ts? I was thinking about the Dragonfly Cobalt, but heard conflicting reviews on it being too expensive?

Any recommendations and feedback on use with the DFC would be really appreciated.

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #14,669 of 23,496
Hey guys,

Slightly off topic, but looking for a super portable DAC to pair with my OnePlus 8 Pro and U12ts? I was thinking about the Dragonfly Cobalt, but heard conflicting reviews on it being too expensive?

Any recommendations and feedback on use with the DFC would be really appreciated.
EarMen Sparrow (https://earmen-shop.com/products/sparrow) or Lotoo PAW S1 are you two better bets. The Sparrow for sure would be better than the Dragonfly, especially if you use your IEMs balanced, and is $100 cheaper than the Cobalt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back