The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 30, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #12,226 of 23,417
The cable sounds indeed excellent . Pairs very well with NIO and also with Legend X :)

🙂
In audition with Nio + premium silver cable vs Noir + premium silver.
I found that the Noir have benefited enormously from the new cable as it have brought it to a new level of performance and balance. It show better control in bass and the tones of the sound where much more refined, it felt like I was more able to discern things with much higher accuracy and clarity.

Nio didnt show such touchy deep nuances as the noir could and with noir it was right away apparent. With Nio you have to force your ear to find them

Jul 30, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #12,227 of 23,417
I ordered the Trio anyways. 1 left boys
good lord man...your collection has grown exponentially the last couple of weeks ( just like covid cases here in FL)! just noticed you have all three Solaris'! how you gonna listen to all these top tier IEMs? :)

Jul 30, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #12,228 of 23,417
🙂
In audition with Nio + premium silver cable vs Noir + premium silver.
I found that the Noir have benefited enormously from the new cable as it have brought it to a new level of performance and balance. It show better control in bass and the tones of the sound where much more refined, it felt like I was more able to discern things with much higher accuracy and clarity.

Nio didnt show such touchy deep nuances as the noir could and with noir it was right away apparent. With Nio you have to force your ear to find them
To my ears , NIO response very well to cable changes :)

Jul 30, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #12,229 of 23,417
good lord man...your collection has grown exponentially the last couple of weeks ( just like covid cases here in FL)! just noticed you have all three Solaris'! how you gonna listen to all these top tier IEMs? :)
I'm just a man on a mission that has had to work wayyyyy too much overtime thanks to the rise in violent crimes. My paychecks have doubled the past 6 pay periods. I guess I am taking advantage of the extra cash and boredom lol. Thanks COVID!

Jul 30, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #12,230 of 23,417
I'm just a man on a mission that has had to work wayyyyy too much overtime thanks to the rise in violent crimes. My paychecks have doubled the past 6 pay periods. I guess I am taking advantage of the extra cash and boredom lol. Thanks COVID!
love it (and thanks for your service!).
enjoy!

Jul 30, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #12,231 of 23,417
To my ears , NIO response very well to cable changes :)

It definitely is for sure!
But my ears still had more sound quality with the Noir pair up. Nio cannot over come the noir its simply impossible 🙂🙃
For sure there moments where nio showed amazing sound quality and almost for an instance I was like hmm is nio better? But upon close a/b noir still showed the upper edge and definitely the new premium silver has improved things really a lot, even more then I expected!

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:22 AM Post #12,233 of 23,417
Thank you.. I am just glad I can do my part.

Considering these are basically brand new in perfect condition for $1,799 I may not even break the seal. I do kind of want to hear them though. 😩
I'm here to help you out man. When I get mine Monday I'll listen hard all day and let you know if you should break that box open or keep them hermetically sealed.

Jul 31, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #12,235 of 23,417
Nio didnt show such touchy deep nuances as the noir could and with noir it was right away apparent. With Nio
That's one of the things I like about Nio. It doesn't shove the details and nuances in your face, but if you listen for them, they're all there. That's what makes it such an easy but also very musically cohesive listen. With IEMs that have details coming at you from every angle it can get quite tiresome and also takes you out of the music from time to time (you end up walking around the song rather than listening to it as a whole). There's definitely a place for both types of IEMs, but I like how Nio lets you enjoy the music for what it is and focus on the details only if you want to.

PS. I suspect the Fir 0 will open up the music a bit more on Nio, add some analytical flavour to its musicality. I look forward to trying it out next week when I get mine. To be able to switch between the two modes would be quite unique.

Jul 31, 2020 at 2:28 AM Post #12,236 of 23,417
I just demo'd Nio against U12t, Trio, LegendX and my own Nemesis and Vega. I did not like the u12t BA bass. As mentioned before, there isn't any feel to the bass, no physical sensation. Trio, I felt had a bit more bass perhaps but I found the treble not to be my cup of tea as I found it somewhat piercing/forward compared to the smoother but equally extended Nio treble. LegendX ofcourse had the most bass along with Nemesis but the treble again was uncomfortable for me. The cymbals and the Ssses were a lot smoother on the Nio. I was using my ha-2 amp and I noticed that Nio did start to distort way earlier than the Lx and the nemesis on high gain. I made sure I wasn't clipping. Suffice to say I bought my pre-ordered Nios with the premium cable.

Jul 31, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #12,237 of 23,417
Is there anyway to remove filter mesh? I kind of want to deep clean it after over a year of usages.

Jul 31, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #12,238 of 23,417
Do you know if the last trio from audio 46 is available for shipping in Europe ?

Jul 31, 2020 at 5:15 AM Post #12,239 of 23,417
Is there anyway to remove filter mesh? I kind of want to deep clean it after over a year of usages.
As far as I know it's glued in, so no. You'd have to send it back to 64A for a clean and service. Out of the question for me as I live way too far away! So I'm literally cleaning my Nios after each use.

Jul 31, 2020 at 5:28 AM Post #12,240 of 23,417
You could put a Walmart cable on the Nio and it’ll still have better kick drum reproduction than u12t lol.
I'm not a drummer, but the "kick" should be on the recording. Transient and decay, the information is stored. I can agree that a DD will "enhance" that experience by increasing the impact, but it's not like a BA is taking any of that information away. Personally, I prefer the speed and punch of BA over DD.

If you could remove all flaws of BA (distortion) and of DD (reverb, decay), they should sound the same. But we cannot reproduce the audio perfectly, so we have to pick a preference for which subjectively does less wrong. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back