The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 15, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #10,471 of 23,496
U12t in the house, really digging the sound. The treble is much more even than the trio. less of a peak in the upper treble lets more mid range come through. the detail is amazing it's like an electron microscope and the bass is incredible for a ba. It's such a nice balance of speed and accuracy. I don't miss the trio bass (in some ways it's actually better) although sometimes I wonder if I'm working the poor little things too hard. At least there's four of them. :L3000: :dt880smile: :ksc75smile:Anyone ever had a ba go out?

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #10,472 of 23,496
Thinking of the new coming model again, what would be the chances of it being a new version of the tia Trio or a special edition Trio? Can’t wait.

Very slim. The full-tia models' (i.e. Trio and Fourté) don't have interchangeable apex modules, while this upcoming one does.

Jun 15, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #10,473 of 23,496
The Tia Trio sale price is over. It is now full price.
I know. That might make the perceived value of the Trio worse when compared to the Solaris. If you agree with those who consider the Solaris to perform as well as some other IEMs at much higher prices. That's the point I was making. I'm in the, "I can't believe how high these prices have gotten" camp, and know others who are as well. So I guess that also makes me part of the, "I hope some of this technology trickles down to allow prices to fall again" camp as well.

I'm glad I got my pair of Trio five months ago. I've enjoyed them 30% more than I would have if I'd ordered them last week.

Jun 15, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #10,474 of 23,496
I know. That might make the perceived value of the Trio worse when compared to the Solaris. If you agree with those who consider the Solaris to perform as well as some other IEMs at much higher prices. That's the point I was making. I'm in the, "I can't believe how high these prices have gotten" camp, and know others who are as well. So I guess that also makes me part of the, "I hope some of this technology trickles down to allow prices to fall again" camp as well.

I'm glad I got my pair of Trio five months ago. I've enjoyed them 30% more than I would have if I'd ordered them last week.

I bought my Trio during the 30% sale. I would not have bought it at full price or even $2000.

Jun 15, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #10,477 of 23,496
why do you think the Trio is not worth the original price or even at $2k ?

Because I set my limit at $2000 and bought the A12t on sale, but would get the A12t over the Trio, which is what I did 1 year ago. Legend X and Tia Trio are my most expensive IEMS and I got them both for under $2000 new on sale.

Jun 16, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #10,481 of 23,496
Haha I got my trio by trading N6ii for !!! 🙃🙃🙃🙃

Now I am selling another n6ii lmao dang it.

By the way today I tried something new!

I put back 64a stock foamies and also set the stock cable which is 8 wires....

Holy dang I feel like I extremely underestimate the stock cable that came with my Noir. Its jusy mindblowing how the accuracy and nuances of sound tones and accuracy has increased.
Every instrument not just shows what tone it has or how the bote sounds but it freaking feels as I am virtually visualizing it in 3d and I can feel the object in all dimensions.

Man hard to explain but.... Things have change dramatically and to such degree I am still in shock and trying to comprehend tha hell was that!

Jun 16, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #10,482 of 23,496
Holy dang I feel like I extremely underestimate the stock cable that came with my Noir.

I cannot begin to describe how much I loathe the stock cable. It tangles, annoys when it hits my neck, sound is ok but not spectacular. The Effect cable cannot get back here soon enough. I can't believe a headphone that costs this much comes with such a low-end tangled mess. I guess they put the money in the drivers. The tips are fine enough, but my right ear hurts after a half an hour. I'm now on Sedna's.

Jun 16, 2020 at 4:38 AM Post #10,483 of 23,496
Recently joined the 64 Audio crew :)

The goal is to replace my Anole VX. I like the VX but it sometimes sounds a little unnatural to me, so the u12t seemed like the obvious choice. Definitely enjoying its sound thus far
6E9ADB70-074E-4DF5-8DB8-A5B3CEDE0DB7.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 6:09 AM Post #10,484 of 23,496
Recently joined the 64 Audio crew :)

The goal is to replace my Anole VX. I like the VX but it sometimes sounds a little unnatural to me, so the u12t seemed like the obvious choice. Definitely enjoying its sound thus far
6E9ADB70-074E-4DF5-8DB8-A5B3CEDE0DB7.jpeg

So you decided to go u12t rather trio 🙃🙂
But hey you finally got the 64a ! Congratulations

Users who are viewing this thread

Back