The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Feb 2, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #8,821 of 23,487
So I own a custom EE phantom and wish it sounded a bit more open . i love how the mids sound on these. I want a bit more detailed, airy, bigger soundstage with the natural mids of the phantom .
Now when i had the U18t it didn't quite do it for me . But i've heard the Cutsom A18 is smoother and slightly warmer than the U version, that's why i was considering it in the first place. or maybe A12t will be a better choice ?

I had the universal Phantoms and wanted the same thing and really got great results from the ErosII 8 wire cable. It cleaned up the lower mids and helped that subtle sparkle that is there to come through. This cables strengths aren’t the best for the U12t though which is why I’m looking for a replacement.

Feb 2, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #8,822 of 23,487
So I own a custom EE phantom and wish it sounded a bit more open . i love how the mids sound on these. I want a bit more detailed, airy, bigger soundstage with the natural mids of the phantom .
Now when i had the U18t it didn't quite do it for me . But i've heard the Cutsom A18 is smoother and slightly warmer than the U version, that's why i was considering it in the first place. or maybe A12t will be a better choice ?

The custom does vary from the universal in the way you mention. However, if you're looking for a warm overall signature, the a18 doesn't have that. in fact, that a18 is the most neutral sound signature i've experienced.

i will say that I liked the u18 enough already to go with the custom.

Feb 2, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #8,823 of 23,487

Doctor prescribed you the
Tia trio and gold plated silver all you need )

:gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 3:45 AM Post #8,824 of 23,487
Has anyone here had their Tia iems reshelled by itsfit labs?

Feb 3, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #8,825 of 23,487
Feb 3, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #8,828 of 23,487
The custom does vary from the universal in the way you mention. However, if you're looking for a warm overall signature, the a18 doesn't have that. in fact, that a18 is the most neutral sound signature i've experienced.

i will say that I liked the u18 enough already to go with the custom.
would you say the a18t will be good enough for electronic music?..i'm not asking for thumping bass.

Feb 3, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #8,832 of 23,487
The A18 is really, really good with all genres. That said, I feel some may find the m5 more engaging with electronic music.

I used to think the a18 was the best for electronic music before I heard some iems with "less neutral" signatures. I now think that iems with accentuated bass and treble work better for electronic music.

If you spend most of your time listening to edm, you should strongly consider the m5.

Highly suggest listening to the m5 before you make a decision.

Feb 3, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #8,833 of 23,487
The A18 is really, really good with all genres. That said, I feel some may find the m5 more engaging with electronic music.

I used to think the a18 was the best for electronic music before I heard some iems with "less neutral" signatures. I now think that iems with accentuated bass and treble work better for electronic music.

If you spend most of your time listening to edm, you should strongly consider the m5.

Highly suggest listening to the m5 before you make a decision.
sadly there's no chance to listen to the M5 here in the UK. Also i don't listen to a lot of EDM. I have a custom EE bravados for rap , EDM, etc.

Feb 3, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #8,834 of 23,487
i see...

my main concern is that you said you love the phantom mids.

i didn't understand the phantom at all when i listened to it, everything just sounded really thick and lacking in detail to me. (not starting a debate whether the phantom is good or not, i know lots of people love them. i prefer the lx from ee.)

but since you speak about the phantom mids with a more spacious sound, and you thought the u18 was not warm enough...i'd be careful. you may want to consider the elysium as well...those are some of the best mids i've ever heard, and actually sound somewhat similar to the a18 overall.

Feb 3, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #8,835 of 23,487
i see...

my main concern is that you said you love the phantom mids.

i didn't understand the phantom at all when i listened to it, everything just sounded really thick and lacking in detail to me. (not starting a debate whether the phantom is good or not, i know lots of people love them. i prefer the lx from ee.)

but since you speak about the phantom mids with a more spacious sound, and you thought the u18 was not warm enough...i'd be careful. you may want to consider the elysium as well...those are some of the best mids i've ever heard, and actually sound somewhat similar to the a18 overall.

Hmm me to I loved ee phantoms and have settled down for tia trio...
It is the reason why I am also looking into m4 to see if I will like them more over trio )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back