The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 8, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #7,546 of 23,490
also having just received fourte's myself i agree there is not a coherence issue. they sound amazeballs and whilst whole spectrum isn't punched into your face like it is with u18t (i think), there is some body, depth and 3d about them which is pretty great. if i had never heard the u18t's i'd be writing poetry about the fourte's (much as pinky already did but no where near as good). but fourte's might have more 3d than u18t which is nice.

Aug 8, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #7,548 of 23,490
also having just received fourte's myself i agree there is not a coherence issue. they sound amazeballs and whilst whole spectrum isn't punched into your face like it is with u18t (i think), there is some body, depth and 3d about them which is pretty great. if i had never heard the u18t's i'd be writing poetry about the fourte's (much as pinky already did but no where near as good). but fourte's might have more 3d than u18t which is nice.
So what's the verdict? Fourte or u18t

Aug 9, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #7,553 of 23,490
Fourte rules. My EE Legend X makes fot exciting bass but for reproduction across the complete spectrum it’s the Fourte.

Aug 9, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #7,554 of 23,490
So I thought I'd try the non-balanced cable that came with my U18t. The left channel kept cutting out as I walked - like the connection was loose. Thought it was the cable but having switched back to the balanced cable it's still happening - and in fact it's worse.

Anyone ever experience this before?

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #7,555 of 23,490
So I thought I'd try the non-balanced cable that came with my U18t. The left channel kept cutting out as I walked - like the connection was loose. Thought it was the cable but having switched back to the balanced cable it's still happening - and in fact it's worse.

I'm not trying to be funny, but you should make sure the jack is going all the way into your source. Most of my channel cuts out happen when I don't give that final push of the headphone cable into my sources.

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #7,556 of 23,490
I'm not trying to be funny, but you should make sure the jack is going all the way into your source. Most of my channel cuts out happen when I don't give that final push of the headphone cable into my sources.

I know what you mean but in this case it's the IEM. I can just touch/tap the IEM and the connection changes. Somehow the pins aren't solidly connecting with the internal (female) jack on the IEM. Or there's something loose inside the IEM.

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #7,557 of 23,490
I know what you mean but in this case it's the IEM. I can just touch/tap the IEM and the connection changes. Somehow the pins aren't solidly connecting with the internal (female) jack on the IEM. Or there's something loose inside the IEM.
Did you try a different source? That might also be the issue. If not it’s probably something internal

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #7,558 of 23,490

All the time with my MMCX connectors. I don't think I've had it the same way you're experiencing.

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #7,559 of 23,490
There was a person in this forum asking about Layla vs A18t and walking around hearing cars.
After an afternoon of walking around today, the A18t is just as bad as layla. -20 module is on A18t, vs Layla's sealed (-26db?). It doesn't matter when it's minus 20-26dB of background, and 70 or 80 decibels of music playing.

Aug 10, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #7,560 of 23,490
I have the very same problem with my Tia Fourte. I have had my source checked (Sony nw-wm1z) all fine. I have had my DHC, Whiplash and Moon Audio cables checked, all is fine.
When I change IEM to ex. Noble Encore, with the same set up, no problems! I even had my hearing checked and it’s fine! Currently my Tia Fourte’s are in transport to 64audio for repair!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back