The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 10, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #4,591 of 23,496
Guess I'll file all this info till my A3s die. Getting a demo from my neck of the woods is gonna be quite the hassle and the cost could net me another pair of A3s. One way to save money.

Jun 10, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #4,593 of 23,496
The 20th :wink:

Jun 11, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #4,594 of 23,496
So, has anyone gotten a more throrough listen to the effect audio janus dynamic? Mostly interested about u/a18t impressions...

Thinking of trying it out during can jam london in july myself. Really looking for an undisputed end game cable for the u18t and it's either horus or this. (also had an interesting idea with pw audio Xerxes actually, but that's unlikely...)

Jun 11, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #4,595 of 23,496
I'm sticking with the stock cable:) I dont want to mess up what I have as I like what I'm hearing. Only problem left is the tips ordered the mandarines but haven't received them yet after a month :) I have a good deal on the right ear but the left ear keeps falling as the seal is lose and I have to tinker with the angle of insertion

Jun 11, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #4,596 of 23,496
I'm sticking with the stock cable:) I dont want to mess up what I have as I like what I'm hearing. Only problem left is the tips ordered the mandarines but haven't received them yet after a month :) I have a good deal on the right ear but the left ear keeps falling as the seal is lose and I have to tinker with the angle of insertion

Is the stock cable memory wire? I don't like Memory wire

Jun 11, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #4,597 of 23,496
Just a little no microphonics though

Jun 11, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #4,598 of 23,496
On Effect Audio thread, I just posted a quick comparison between Effect Audio Horus and Janus D on U18t.
Ok. Finally, I received my Janus D with both 3.5 SE and 4.4 balanced adaptors.

So I did a very quick A/B test between Janus D and Horus using U18t. I would say the sound stage is pretty much the same. When it comes to detail retrieval Horus wins, but Janus is more airy and smooth. Now the striking difference is the dynamics. For some reason, Janus D sounds literally dynamic. By carefully listening to frequency responses, Janus D is pretty similar to Horus. No emphasis or recess in any area. But interestingly, music sounds more dynamic and lively with Janus D in all frequency. I'm quite surprised as I did not expect this much of difference in dynamics. Definitely, it is more fun to listen through Janus. After 10 minutes of Janus playing, Horus started sound analytical and slightly dull to my ears.
Obviously, this is based on my first hour with Janus. So please take my observation as a grain of salt. But I'm quite happy with the pairing of Janus D with U18t. I will test the same on Fourte next week.
As always, YMMV.

Jun 12, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #4,599 of 23,496
I had 2 of the premium 64 audio cables fail on me. I reached out to 64, they replaced both and the cables I received are higher quality than the ones that came with my A18t's and the other one I purchased soon after the first failed. They have improved their cable durability from the looks of the new ones and to compare them to the old ones with regard to sound, they sound slightly brighter to me. Especially the regions that the tia driver illuminates (the upper mids and highs) seem to have more crunch and shine. A+ customer service from 64.

Janus D sounds awesome, hope to hear it someday. This is what I'm after; more dynamism, taller sound without loss of resolution.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #4,600 of 23,496
I had 2 of the premium 64 audio cables fail on me. I reached out to 64, they replaced both and the cables I received are higher quality than the ones that came with my A18t's and the other one I purchased soon after the first failed. They have improved their cable durability from the looks of the new ones and to compare them to the old ones with regard to sound, they sound slightly brighter to me. Especially the regions that the tia driver illuminates (the upper mids and highs) seem to have more crunch and shine. A+ customer service from 64.

Janus D sounds awesome, hope to hear it someday. This is what I'm after; more dynamism, taller sound without loss of resolution.
I think Janus D fits very well with your description.

Jun 12, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #4,602 of 23,496

64audio where very kind to send me the new cable by FedEx international express and took care of the shipping back via fedex express as well for the other cable I had. The CS is top notch. They also offered me to get free fedex shipping for anything I buy soon to make up for the faulty cable. Shout out to Kalani

Jun 12, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #4,603 of 23,496
with The prices of some of these cables like the Janus which looks amazing, do you all feel the products are worth the cost?
These cables are extremely expensive and though I’ve had no problem spending on high end gear A18, SP1000 I have a hard time thinking about pulling the trigger on a 500 dollar cables let alone 1,400 cables. Just curious what you guys thoughts are about the return on the investment of these summit cables. Thx in advance.

Jun 12, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #4,604 of 23,496
with The prices of some of these cables like the Janus which looks amazing, do you all feel the products are worth the cost?
These cables are extremely expensive and though I’ve had no problem spending on high end gear A18, SP1000 I have a hard time thinking about pulling the trigger on a 500 dollar cables let alone 1,400 cables. Just curious what you guys thoughts are about the return on the investment of these summit cables. Thx in advance.

Very poor return for the money and verging a scam.

With a fancy cable, you'll earn yourself a different sound signature, but not necessarily superior with every mix ever produced. Sliver can be too glaring and copper too dark. Sometimes, the upgrade can sound great, but not overwhelmingly better than a quality silver coated copper N7 with litz.

A lot of those companies boast performance to the point of deceit and the prices don't reflect producion cost, rather to glorify thier offerings and render it more "worthy' in your eyes.

Of course, some of thier customers will vow it's worth every penny, but who to blame them? Living with cognitive dissonance is unpleasant...

Jun 12, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #4,605 of 23,496
Hi everyone,

I am currently eyeing off the 64 Audio U8 which I have managed to find at a drastically reduced price, brand new. I have also been auditioning the Campfire Atlas and IE 800 S from Sennheiser. It is fair to say I am looking for a big low end presence with enough impact to satisfy my tastes in progressive trance, techno and UK bass; while also being good for other genres.

For now though my only source is an iPhone 7 Plus. Is this likely to be a deal breaker?

They fit snugly into my budget and I am coming from the Noble Audio Kaiser too.

Seems there isn’t, or wasn’t, much hype surrounding this particular model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back