The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 8, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #4,531 of 23,417
Can you elaborate on the semi-Tia bass drivers? The lows/mid BAs aren't regular BAs?

They are, but they're not implemented in the standard way. A standard BA arrangement would have the driver's spout fire into a sound tube. In the A18, there are two clusters of eight drivers, for the mids and the bass respectively. These groups of eight each fire into a scaffolding (the funnel-like structure visible in transparent A18's) and then into the single Tia bore. As a result, you're somewhere between a typical BA setup and a Tia BA setup, hence the name semi-Tia drivers. The high-mid driver is the only one with a tube attached to its spout within the whole IEM.

Jun 8, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #4,532 of 23,417
They are, but they're not implemented in the standard way. A standard BA arrangement would have the driver's spout fire into a sound tube. In the A18, there are two clusters of eight drivers, for the mids and the bass respectively. These groups of eight each fire into a scaffolding (the funnel-like structure visible in transparent A18's) and then into the single Tia bore. As a result, you're somewhere between a typical BA setup and a Tia BA setup, hence the name semi-Tia drivers. The high-mid driver is the only one with a tube attached to its spout within the whole IEM.

The A18t's sound glorious. What you're getting at is instead of an acoustic chamber like the Fourte, the funnel is serving the function of the chamber in this case.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #4,534 of 23,417
500 I think

Jun 8, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #4,535 of 23,417
My Janus D will be delivered this coming Monday!! I'm super excited now!! I plan to pair it with U18t. It was a long wait...

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #4,536 of 23,417
Ah, makes sense! I was wondering why the BAs in my A18/12ts didn't have the little nub at the end of each driver.

Jun 8, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #4,538 of 23,417
Bore size and dimensions for the tia fourte anyone
?

Hey, @NaiveSound. I intended to reply to the PM you sent earlier today, but since you've asked the question here, I might as well post them here for everyone to see as well. Here are pictures of the Fourte's bore plus side-by-side comparisons between the Fourte and the U18Tzar.

Fourte-1.jpg Fourte-2.jpg Fourte-3.jpg Fourte-4.jpg

Jun 8, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #4,539 of 23,417
Hey, @NaiveSound. I intended to reply to the PM you sent earlier today, but since you've asked the question here, I might as well post them here for everyone to see as well. Here are pictures of the Fourte's bore plus side-by-side comparisons between the Fourte and the U18Tzar.

Thank you kind sir. Now I need is bore size measuments

Jun 8, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #4,540 of 23,417

Hence the reason for single bore as opposed non-Tia modules I suppose. I'm curious what changes they made to the A3e since it went from quad bore to single though. All these salacious details are really whetting my appetite for the A18t...

Jun 8, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #4,541 of 23,417
Here are some closeup shots were you can see the TIA up close and the intricate workings of these IEM interior. I took these with my iPhone X, they didn't come out to bad so I decided to share with you guys.
I also wanted to share an couple of images of an amazing new cable from WireWorld, their new IEM cable oh my are these cables fantastic, best replacement cables I have ever heard. My A18T have never ever sounded better.

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

Jun 8, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #4,543 of 23,417
@Dionysus Those look amazing, I still find it hard to wrap my head around there being 18 drivers in that tiny thing!

Jun 8, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #4,544 of 23,417
Jun 8, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #4,545 of 23,417
Here are some closeup shots were you can see the TIA up close and the intricate workings of these IEM interior. I took these with my iPhone X, they didn't come out to bad so I decided to share with you guys.
I also wanted to share an couple of images of an amazing new cable from WireWorld, their new IEM cable oh my are these cables fantastic, best replacement cables I have ever heard. My A18T have never ever sounded better.

I was turned off by the cheap looking 2pin connectors but I would love to hear it anyways haha, that company seems solid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back