The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 3, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #4,457 of 23,490
I have the U18, wow, just wow. Love the transparency and detail. Big jump from Layla, but loses some thickness. Separation and soundstage is better than Layla.

At first the detail is too much for me then I switched to M20 and Alo Litz terminated to 2 pin, balanced. I found the perfect sweet spot! Love them now.

Jun 3, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #4,458 of 23,490
I have the U18, wow, just wow. Love the transparency and detail. Big jump from Layla, but loses some thickness. Separation and soundstage is better than Layla.

At first the detail is too much for me then I switched to M20 and Alo Litz terminated to 2 pin, balanced. I found the perfect sweet spot! Love them now.
Just curious, how did u get the Litz cable in 2 pin? Can't seem to find it on the website

Jun 3, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #4,460 of 23,490
Just curious, how did u get the Litz cable in 2 pin? Can't seem to find it on the website

They used to make/sell Ref8 with 2pin, but you are right, I haven't seen Litz in 2pin unless maybe asked as a custom request. Ref8 2pin has a good pair up synergy with many 64audio iems, but that microphonics ... ::rolleyes::

Jun 3, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #4,461 of 23,490
They used to make/sell Ref8 with 2pin, but you are right, I haven't seen Litz in 2pin unless maybe asked as a custom request. Ref8 2pin has a good pair up synergy with many 64audio iems, but that microphonics ... ::rolleyes::
Thx, I'll write in to request

Jun 4, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #4,462 of 23,490
Hey guys,

Does anyone have experience with using custom molded eartips with their universal IEM's? I was wondering if someone could provide me with input as to what companies would you recommend, and if they effect the sound signature to a significant degree?

I was hoping I could find something that sounds like the symbio wide bore, but with a better fit!

Jun 4, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #4,463 of 23,490
Hey guys,

Does anyone have experience with using custom molded eartips with their universal IEM's? I was wondering if someone could provide me with input as to what companies would you recommend, and if they effect the sound signature to a significant degree?

I was hoping I could find something that sounds like the symbio wide bore, but with a better fit!

Custom Art would be my go-to company for custom eartips. Alternatively, Ambient Acoustics make them too, but I haven't seen any feedback to attest to their quality.

Jun 4, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #4,464 of 23,490
I have Ref 8 with 2-pin, I love it with my A12t, really cleaned it up. But you're right about the microphonics. And a note to anyone who wants to buy the 2-pin Ref 8 - Don't plan on using the standard 64 Audio hard or soft cases unless you want the Ref8 to look like a spring next time you want to use it. Unlike the Litz cable, the Ref 8 remembers how it was last wrapped...it remembers.

Jun 4, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #4,465 of 23,490
I have Ref 8 with 2-pin, I love it with my A12t, really cleaned it up. But you're right about the microphonics. And a note to anyone who wants to buy the 2-pin Ref 8 - Don't plan on using the standard 64 Audio hard or soft cases unless you want the Ref8 to look like a spring next time you want to use it. Unlike the Litz cable, the Ref 8 remembers how it was last wrapped...it remembers.
I’m glad I didn’t go with the Ref8. I’d recommend the Thor II. Really pairs well w A12t

Jun 4, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #4,466 of 23,490
Hey guys,

Depends on the company. I own a pair of Earsonics Velvet V2 that I was using until my A3s arrived today. Due to my lack of experience with customs and the cost of the Velvets, I initially pulled the trigger for 200 CAD for a pair done by Emsee Labs in the Greater Toronto Area. They were done in medical grade silicone and I was told because of the angle of the nozzle and the monitors, it required a piece of PVC connecting my nozzle to the eartips. I noticed a significant decrease in sound quality with that setup. Im not sure if having the sound go through the pvc piece and then an inch of silicone were the cause of the issue. What I can tell with my A3s is that having no pvc piping and a hard acrylic tip is that sound is no issue. So you'll want to consider what material you want for the tips and how the nozzle and tips are joined.

Jun 5, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #4,468 of 23,490
how about toxic cable? how does the silver widow pair with the a12t

I like how SW22 pairs with the old U12 with Adel B1/ Apex m15, just the right amount of bass with great resolution & details. While I don't have the A12t, I am currently pairing an A18t w/ m20 with SW22, still finding great (even better bc of the A18) resolution with this pairing but less bass impact than I'd like.

I'll be receiving a gold-plated silver poison and a black widow 22 V2 in a few weeks (I hope). Hopefully they'll also pair well with these IEMs.

Jun 5, 2018 at 5:34 AM Post #4,470 of 23,490
is that the same as the gold widow?
The silver poison is different from the silver widow series. The gold-plated version of the silver poison is not listed on Toxic's website, you would need to email/message Toxic Cables to order the gold-plated silver poison, there are also 4-wire & 8-wire variants of this cable.

Gold Widow is gold-plated silver widow as far as I know. I think Toxic will also be releasing 22AWG version of Gold Widow soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back