The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jan 28, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #2,626 of 23,417
If swapping modules doesn't do much, I would assume something is broken. m15 vs m20 is very apparently different on my a18t.

Indeed, especially when it comes to the bass, but the difference will vary depending on ones hearing level. Thus, @dhc0329, did you hear any difference between m15/m20 before the remold? Also, maybe spend a few days, letting your brain burn in to the new remold.

Jan 28, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #2,627 of 23,417
An update.

As some suggested, I tired different sources/dacs/amps and lo and behold, the bass was back with many devices, not all, but many. The tzar really is revealing and demanding from the sources and songs but when you match all, they really are something else.

Cord mojo gave the best results by far but oh god! the frankensteinish cabling to connect it to a apple device is bad. I'll have to think for a while if I want to buy it, price and connectivity are not good.

Other notable mentions:
The sony pha-3 very good sound.
Cozy talk, good sound but killed my battery in no time.
Ipad pro, good sound, nothing extra was needed, but I dont carry this thing around unless Im traveling long distances.

With many other dacs/amps, they sounded ok to bad or muffled the tia drives.

While I was doing all that, I noticed a crack on one of the end connectors, I didn't change cables, so maybe it came this way when I bought it? Not even a week ago.

Maybe I'll send them to 64audio... but I live in Japan, so that would be a long excruciating waiting time separated from them.

cracks.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #2,628 of 23,417
Indeed, especially when it comes to the bass, but the difference will vary depending on ones hearing level. Thus, @dhc0329, did you hear any difference between m15/m20 before the remold? Also, maybe spend a few days, letting your brain burn in to the new remold.

Yes, there was a difference. I preferred m15 over m20 so I had it m15 before. I will give more time but I will soon receive fourte, so I may just move on. A18 will be my last CIEM...no more!

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018 at 1:34 AM Post #2,629 of 23,417
Yes, there was a difference. I preferred m15 over m20 so I had it m15 before. I will give more time but I will soon receive fourte, so I may just move on. A18 will be my last CIEM...no more!

I just wondering what source or DAP you use? Any setting changed?

Fourte bass is much tighter. Maybe this is what you need.

Jan 29, 2018 at 6:00 AM Post #2,630 of 23,417
While I was doing all that, I noticed a crack on one of the end connectors, I didn't change cables, so maybe it came this way when I bought it? Not even a week ago.

Maybe I'll send them to 64audio... but I live in Japan, so that would be a long excruciating waiting time separated from them.

The default cable that came with my unit was also a goner - Right channel was shorted. They require to send the defective cable back for a replacement. I didn't bother as the shipping to and fro is more expensive than the flimsy cable.

Jan 29, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #2,631 of 23,417
Finally, my pair of A12t has arrived! My custom artwork on the faceplate turned out to be better than I thought it would be. My earliest impression is that it sounds sparkly and the bass is well controlled, as one should expect at this price, otherwise it would be a rip.

Aimer's ninelie sounds fantastic, the detail is phenomenal. The standard cable sounds really good compared to their old standard cable a couple years ago. But I switched to the Linum balanced because I'm used to the thinness of the cable.

I'll try to offer more thoughts on this in the future. I'm still not well versed in audio lingo, but I'll try.

20180129_193130.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #2,632 of 23,417
Finally, my pair of A12t has arrived! My custom artwork on the faceplate turned out to be better than I thought it would be. My earliest impression is that it sounds sparkly and the bass is well controlled, as one should expect at this price, otherwise it would be a rip.

Aimer's ninelie sounds fantastic, the detail is phenomenal. The standard cable sounds really good compared to their old standard cable a couple years ago. But I switched to the Linum balanced because I'm used to the thinness of the cable.

I'll try to offer more thoughts on this in the future. I'm still not well versed in audio lingo, but I'll try.

it's glad to see you received your a12t, it looks really good
btw, when have you ordered it, would it take a long time?

Jan 30, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #2,634 of 23,417
The more I listen to my music using my Tia Fourte the more I fall for it. At first everything was sooooo overwhelming but now I feel well adjusted to all the details this IEM provides. Still waiting for my A18 and I still can't believe I ordered both of these expensive @$$ IEM's. I started out wanting Ultimate Ears UE18+Pro and some how ended up spending thousands more.. I'm not disappointed at all...

Jan 30, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #2,636 of 23,417
Tia fourte has the most unique sound signature compare to other 64audio IEM's. This is not your tipical IEM and I'm not surprise you get a little overwhelmed at first. Even MP3 tracks sound great with Fourte. :)

Keep us update when you have A18t.

Jan 30, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #2,638 of 23,417
I was skeptical on universal because the Layla 2 wasn't as transparent as A18 but am having a high hope on Fourte. I will be getting mine hopefully by the end of this week so I can comment on it shortly.

I recall when Layla came out and since then I’ve read several post stating how bad Layla sound after they listen to Fourte. I see some comparing LCDi4 to Tzar/Fourte, are these in the same category? I keep reading how bad the fit/isolation is on LCDi4

Jan 30, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #2,639 of 23,417
Okay so I've had my Fourte for just over a month now but I finally got to give them a real listen over the weekend as I took a round trip from Houston to Seattle, around 9 hours of flying time total. I fall in love with these more every day. I had them at a moderately loud volume the whole time and experienced no fatigue or any ringing of my ears after the flight.

Jan 30, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #2,640 of 23,417
I was skeptical on universal because the Layla 2 wasn't as transparent as A18 but am having a high hope on Fourte. I will be getting mine hopefully by the end of this week so I can comment on it shortly.

With the right tips I find you can get amazing sound out of universals, just takes some tip rolling then you're right on par with customs

I love customs after using my K10s and Zeus forever but I have settled on Symbio hybrids and Final Type E's for my Fourtes and really don't find myself missing the custom fit, actually prefer the universals in many ways

Users who are viewing this thread

Back