The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jan 18, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #2,551 of 23,522
The struggle is real! My pair went into production on Dec. 1. I think this will be my last CIEM purchase for good (in general, not just 64 Audio).

You better than me, ordered my A18 Jan 8th.. I got a while to go.. ugh!

Jan 18, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #2,553 of 23,522
I know some U/A12ts are rolling out but has anyone's Trio shipped? I was sent an email saying they'd start sending them out on Jan. 15 but nothing yet.

Jan 19, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #2,554 of 23,522
How much you paid for the faceplate design ?

I designed them myself. I noticed 64Audio had a sale the previous Black Friday, so I assumed they would have one this year.

I spent the better part of a month researching, playing with designs, and trying to figure out what I wanted. I still have a folder of >30 renders/variations I didn’t go with.

Jan 19, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #2,555 of 23,522
Am about to pull the trigger on the tia trio!

Wanting to pair it up with the zx300 but would love to know if the 3.5 mm vs 4.4 mm balanced makes any difference in sound quality?

Was wondering if an aftermarket balanced cable is worth it for the pair up. Seems like a lot of the aftermarket cables are very pricey.

Jan 19, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #2,556 of 23,522
Am about to pull the trigger on the tia trio!

Wanting to pair it up with the zx300 but would love to know if the 3.5 mm vs 4.4 mm balanced makes any difference in sound quality?

Was wondering if an aftermarket balanced cable is worth it for the pair up. Seems like a lot of the aftermarket cables are very pricey.

Single ended vs Balanced output performance/sound difference is a function of your DAP, not IEM. I assume you never tried 4.4mm HO in your ZX300 since you are asking about the difference? Cables can/will get price depending on the material, number of conductors, and a brand name. You wouldn't expect a basic copper wires to cost the same as silver plated copper or pure silver or gold plated silver, the same as you would expect a price difference between necklaces, buying jewelry for your wife/gf :wink:

You can go with 64 Audio premium custom cable, and configure it with 4.4mm termination, that's a budget friendly route.

Regarding ZX300, not familiar with it, but WM1Z I have access to now was designed specifically to give you better performance/sound from balanced output. Though the latest fw update made 3.5mm sound better, it's still not the match for balanced 4.4mm output.

Jan 19, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #2,557 of 23,522
Single ended vs Balanced output performance/sound difference is a function of your DAP, not IEM. I assume you never tried 4.4mm HO in your ZX300 since you are asking about the difference? Cables can/will get price depending on the material, number of conductors, and a brand name. You wouldn't expect a basic copper wires to cost the same as silver plated copper or pure silver or gold plated silver, the same as you would expect a price difference between necklaces, buying jewelry for your wife/gf :wink:

You can go with 64 Audio premium custom cable, and configure it with 4.4mm termination, that's a budget friendly route.

Regarding ZX300, not familiar with it, but WM1Z I have access to now was designed specifically to give you better performance/sound from balanced output. Though the latest fw update made 3.5mm sound better, it's still not the match for balanced 4.4mm output.
I heartily appreciate the way you very honestly guide/help/advise others ,

Jan 19, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #2,558 of 23,522

Cheers brother! Your review really help me solidify my choice for the trios. Also helping my wallet feel lighter at the same time :)

Jan 20, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #2,560 of 23,522
The more I listen to the Tia Fourte the more I am amazed at how far the IEM technology has gone. It makes my Layla sound like a joke. Before owning the Tia Fourte, my Sony EX1000 used to have the most expansive sound I have heard in IEMs. I did an A/B test of the EX1000 with my Fourte another day. In comparison the EX1000 sounds dull and unengaging. This is how good the Tia Fourte is. Paired with the SP1000Cu, it is IMO the best sounding combo in the world. I come from BHSE/SR009 and currently HE1000v2. I have to say that IEM is actually not that far behind the desktop rigs now. The best of the best of the best.

Wow, so excited to hear your comment about fourte..I have sp1000ss dying to connect that fourte. Approaching 5th week since I ordered.

Jan 20, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #2,561 of 23,522
The more I listen to the Tia Fourte the more I am amazed at how far the IEM technology has gone. It makes my Layla sound like a joke. Before owning the Tia Fourte, my Sony EX1000 used to have the most expansive sound I have heard in IEMs. I did an A/B test of the EX1000 with my Fourte another day. In comparison the EX1000 sounds dull and unengaging. This is how good the Tia Fourte is. Paired with the SP1000Cu, it is IMO the best sounding combo in the world. I come from BHSE/SR009 and currently HE1000v2. I have to say that IEM is actually not that far behind the desktop rigs now. The best of the best of the best.
Because it is a joke. Overpriced joke.

Jan 20, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #2,564 of 23,522
If anyone could help me, I am wanting to know if the Tia Trio could be a replacement for both an Andromeda and a Vega. Ive seen the fourte described as an Andro on steroids and the trio as having stronger bass than the fourte at the expense of upper treble. Is that true?

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #2,565 of 23,522
I designed them myself. I noticed 64Audio had a sale the previous Black Friday, so I assumed they would have one this year.

I spent the better part of a month researching, playing with designs, and trying to figure out what I wanted. I still have a folder of >30 renders/variations I didn’t go with.
No i meant how much you paid extra for the design ? Like when i ordered my A18, i asked them to do a faceplate design, i think they said $150 if i didnt remember wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back