The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 10, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #18,527 of 23,532
Did we break the Duo page? With all the hype (pre-pre-hype, pre-hype, etc.), you'd think 64 would be prepared to handle the traffic. Hopefully they're just making some quick updates to the page.
I think it was not meant to be public yet. I think they removed it.

Sep 10, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #18,529 of 23,532
I think it was not meant to be public yet. I think they removed it.

The gag order, for real, was lifted today, and as soon as I saw the official page up, I started sharing pictures and my early impressions. Btw, keep in mind, only received these yesterday, with minimum burn in overnight, so about 15hrs on Duos.

Sep 10, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #18,532 of 23,532
'Love seeing brands as big as 64 continue to push at price ranges like these, rather than fall into the trend of stacking one new flagship over another. I'm excited to hear what the Duo has to offer, and how high it'll punch above its price tag. :wink:

Sep 10, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #18,535 of 23,532
I know the size is almost the same as the rest of the 64 audio line up but how does it compare to something like a A8000 in terms of size.
That male model on the 64 site was not able to fit them properly.
He had some other issues well beyond being able to put in IEMs: pouring a drink and not drinking it, taking a lot of time to set up a record player (even cleaning it) to listen to them through his Kef speakers and then switching to a laptop to put music on through his Duos, etc. Pretty funny. He's as scatter brained as I am.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #18,536 of 23,532
So as much as I really don't want to be continuously in the game of buying more and more IEMs, I really am finding these very intriguing. Descriptions seem to point to a smooth relaxed type of listen with a good subbass focus, which sounds right up my alley. Hopefully the sound actually matches the marketing description though. As @Deezel177 says, its refreshing to see them not simply targeting higher and higher price points as seems to be the trend. Im thinking I might jump on these early and then duke it out against the Nio and only keep one or the other. Nio hasn't been getting as much eartime since the Jolene arrived, but the semi open back thing might actually provide enough of a unique experience to make them worth reaching for. Who knows.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #18,537 of 23,532
So as much as I really don't want to be continuously in the game of buying more and more IEMs, I really am finding these very intriguing. Descriptions seem to point to a smooth relaxed type of listen with a good subbass focus, which sounds right up my alley. Hopefully the sound actually matches the marketing description though. As @Deezel177 says, its refreshing to see them not simply targeting higher and higher price points as seems to be the trend. Im thinking I might jump on these early and then duke it out against the Nio and only keep one or the other. Nio hasn't been getting as much eartime since the Jolene arrived, but the semi open back thing might actually provide enough of a unique experience to make them worth reaching for. Who knows.
I’d wait for reviews if I were you… given their pricing I’d imagine that they don’t perform at the same level as Nio (not that performance is any indication of enjoyment)… it’s likely they’ll be vigorously compared against Nio in reviews.

Sep 10, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #18,538 of 23,532
So much for all that talk of Planar flagships haha nevertheless, looks quite nice. So it sits below the U6t in pricing... wonder how it matches up in the technical department... although its obvious they aren't going for the same demographic with these.
Yeah, sadly it just wasn’t the case.
The teaser renders were completely off.

But nonetheless, with that price, it’s easier for me to say that I might get one. 😂

Sep 10, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #18,540 of 23,532
I’d wait for reviews if I were you… given their pricing I’d imagine that they don’t perform at the same level as Nio (not that performance is any indication of enjoyment)… it’s likely they’ll be vigorously compared against Nio in reviews.
I know its always always smart to either wait for reviews or a demo.

But...

My thought process at the moment is kind of that price isnt necessarily an indicator of performance, and performance alone, as you say, is absolutely not an indicator of enjoyment. And given that my Nio aren't being used much at the moment, I am not enjoying them. Theres enough that sound interesting about these that I could get them and try them out, and if they work for me, great, sell the Nio, cost fully recouped. If not, sell at a bit of a loss and move on. And lately the idea of moving to cheaper IEMs in general (even though $1200 isnt cheap) has been rather appealing, especially since I really find myself doubting just how much objective improvements some of the real expensive stuff actually provides and if I personally can hear those supposed differences. Feels like they could be a nice "downsize" so to speak without potentially sacrificing much if anything. And semi open back from 64 sounds unique enough to potentially give them more value than otherwise.

Hopefully though some impressions start to trickle in soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back