The niche electronic music thread - synthpop / EBM / dark-electro / gothic / rythmic-noise / experimental / chiptune / etc.
Aug 13, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #32 of 143
One of the two members of deaf center (the one that also uses that svarte greiner name) put out an album on sonic pieces (which is a brilliant classical / electronic blend label), I digg it.

I don't know wether this is electronic music or not, but it's defenitely something that some of you might like.

Aug 13, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #34 of 143
A bit of a follow-up to my earlier post.  Haus Arafna runs a fantastic boutique label called Galakthorrö, which takes something of a quality over quantity approach.  Only a couple releases per year, if even that, but Maska Genetik is at the top of the pile.

Aug 14, 2011 at 7:44 AM Post #36 of 143

Quote:
A bit of a follow-up to my earlier post.  Haus Arafna runs a fantastic boutique label called Galakthorrö, which takes something of a quality over quantity approach.  Only a couple releases per year, if even that, but Maska Genetik is at the top of the pile.

Interesting label. Some of the artists seem to be stuck in 8bit hell. After downloading some Maska Genetik reminds me of when I first bought Kraftwerk's Radio-Activity on vinyl.

Aug 14, 2011 at 8:16 AM Post #39 of 143
Welcome SkinnyPuppy, Gwarlek and filterpunk.

I'm glad this thread is taking off a bit, and I'd like to thank you all for the quality posting.

Apart from pages full of good music, I'm looking forward to some thoughts on quality gear suited for this music, (then again, I used to listen to this stuff on a discman with standard issue Sony earbuds and enjoyed it more than ever...)

Aug 14, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #42 of 143
davaNtage has been rapidly growing on me this past year or so. The lineup changed drastically around 2005 or so and so did their style somewhat, from a more traditional floor-stomping EBM to something a little more varied.

An example of their earlier sound before vocalist Kay Hartel founded Supreme Court:

A remix of a song from their last full album (and available as a free download):
http://www.last.fm/music/davaNtage/_/The+Club+%28Provocation+Mix%29

I have also started getting into Supreme Court:

A video from Future Trail, successor to the newer incarnation of davaNtage:

Members of davaNtage have also done a variety of remixes and have been guest vocalists for a few bands, like Lights of Euphoria and Wynardtage.

Aug 14, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #43 of 143
Hungry Lucy. Dark-wave stuff.
Credit: A fellow Head-Fi'er.

I remember that a while ago on Jamendo, there was an album with the first track titled "Beat Soldiers". I need to find this.

Aug 15, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #44 of 143
As for chiptunes or chiptune-like music, this might be of interest http://modarchive.org/. These are user-submitted songs and it is free and legal to download from the site. Here are the archive torrents http://tracker.modarchive.org/. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back