The niche electronic music thread - synthpop / EBM / dark-electro / gothic / rythmic-noise / experimental / chiptune / etc.
Aug 16, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #46 of 143
Hi guys I'm loving this thead and looking forward to more and more people listening to this stuff with high-end gear, I just want to want make a warning try not to post stuff with blood or violence involved which is sometimes featured in this music, since head-fi is supposed to be a friendly place for kids without blood and violence, thanks.

Aug 16, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #47 of 143

Quote:
Hi guys I'm loving this thead and looking forward to more and more people listening to this stuff with high-end gear, I just want to want make a warning try not to post stuff with blood or violence involved which is sometimes featured in this music, since head-fi is supposed to be a friendly place for kids without blood and violence, thanks.

You not read the Objective2 thread lately then 
tongue.gif

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #49 of 143
Quote:
"267 new posts"

Yeah, I need to find some opium and green tea before I click on that thread.

I'm very afraid of that thread, despite being the only person on head-fi with a working Objective2, it's crazy.

I didn't know all these sub-genres existed ahahah, it would have saved me a lot of time when looking for random soothing/relaxing electronic music to have playing in the background when I used to play MMO's.

Time to go hunting for some dark ambient.

Aug 17, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #50 of 143
Hey, I've been lurking this thread for about a week, figured I would contribute.

Here is some Dark Ambient

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkFnkH-vvGc[/VIDEO]

and another

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOpCNVPmBVI[/VIDEO]

and some noise

TURN YOUR VOLUME DOWN, ALMOST BLEW OUT MY K81s WITH THIS!!!

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDsQshrjIO0[/VIDEO]

Aug 17, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #52 of 143
Wonderfully filthy power electronics from Thorofon...

...and a bit of classic dark ambient from Archon Satani before bed.

Aug 17, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #55 of 143
One of the worst new names for a micro-genre, but it has interesting music. So, allow me to present to you,

Rape Gaze:

The genre name is kind of a joke, this stuff is also generally referred to as "Witch House", of which oOoOO is probably the best specimen.

Aug 18, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #57 of 143
Crank the volume and turn off the lights.

On a gear-related note, this kind of music is actually really useful for testing headphones and speakers.  Lots of clanging metal, distortion, and deep bass tones that really help provide a sense of what's going on in the frequency extremes.  On the wrong system, it all just sounds like homogenous mush, or worse, extremely fatiguing and shrill in the highs and upper mids.

What qualities do you guys think a headphone should have in order to reproduce experimental/industrial in a way that retains detail without becoming painful to listen to or overly relaxed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back