The NEW UE Superfi 4vi for the iPod and iPhone
Dec 12, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #17 of 31
Very interesting. Looking forward to the reviews, as I'm an iPhone owner, liked my 5pros' sound, but did not like their size. If these retain the sound signature, I think I'll sell my UM2's for them. I hardly ever listen to music critically on the go anymore.

Dec 13, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #18 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Medeski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does it work with other cell phones/ MP3 players? Like would I be able to answer and make calls with other cell phones as if I was wearing the stock buds/mic.

According to earphonesolutions, the Blackberry Curve Series (83xx) works!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 13, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #19 of 31
The Super.fi 4VI will work with ALL MP3 players.

As for cell phones:

. To listen to music: ALL CELL PHONES
. To listen to music AND take calls: iPhone and some models of the Blackberry Curve series as pointed out by Phil.S

The sound of the 5PRO is better in my opinion but the fit/form of the Super.fi 4VI is much better in my opinion. At the end of the day I tend to favor comfort over sound.

Please be sure to check our new VISUAL Comparison Page for all high-end in-ear earphones by UE, Shure and Westone with exclusive shots of all the earphones side-by-side as well an in-ear shot of all models.

Dec 24, 2007 at 10:31 AM Post #20 of 31
great another single driver IEM. NEXT!

Jan 1, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bisco82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What makes this one special is that it has a built-in microphone to take calls with your iPhone. It's the first high-end in-ear earphones for the iPhone with built-in mic.

Jan 2, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #22 of 31
I have been using my E500s now for about 6 months with my Iphone for the train commute, it works well but I was looking for something all integrated and easy to put in my backpack.

Earphone solutions has these now for 20.00 off an already good price of 129.00 which brings them down to 109.00 and includes shipping. not bad, Ill compare this to the E500 and ER-4P after I receive them.

EarphoneSolutions-120x30.gif

Go to Earphone Solutions

Earphone Solutions Coupons Available

Coupons DescriptionPromotion Ends5% off all UltimateEars earphones
PromoCode: ultimate51/31/2008$20 off UltimateEars Super.fi 4
PromoCode: superfi4special1/15/2008Free Shipping on orders over $98 at EarphoneSolutions.com!
No Coupon Code NeededLimited Time

Jan 23, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flavio T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=small][size=medium]Earphone Solutions[/size] will receive their first shipment of the

[size=medium]NEW Ultimate Ears Superfi 4vi for the iPod and iPhone[/size].

The new earphones have a built-in microphone (on the cable -- not shown on this picture) and a tiny button that allows the user to take calls.

The UE Superfi 4 vi is compatible with both the iPod and the iPhone so you can use them as a regular earphones for music only, either with an iPod or iPhone, and you may also use them to take calls without removing the earphones.

They have balanced armature drivers (single) and a new size for UE. They are very small and deliver very good details on the mids and highs. They are much smaller than the Ultimate Ears 3 STUDIO and 5 PRO.

We are accepting orders now. Pre-orders will ship by December 4 -- in plenty of time for Xmas
smily_headphones1.gif
[/size]

Can this be used with a 6G Ipod to record ?

Jan 23, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bisco82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, I think the point is that it works with the iPhone without a convert and preserves the mic function.

Dave

Jan 24, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #25 of 31
I bought a pair of these.. totally unimpressed

the sound is comparable to a UE superfi 3.. at best, not a lot of bottom or top.. just lots of mid.

The fit is fair and I tried all the ends, they are just so small its hard to get them to isolate the way I need on my commute

The mic isn't any better than the stock IPhone headset, in fact most people told me it was worse.

I am going back to my E500s and MPA and chalking it up to experience.

Jan 24, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by CMasten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought a pair of these.. totally unimpressed

the sound is comparable to a UE superfi 3.. at best, not a lot of bottom or top.. just lots of mid.

The fit is fair and I tried all the ends, they are just so small its hard to get them to isolate the way I need on my commute

The mic isn't any better than the stock IPhone headset, in fact most people told me it was worse.

I am going back to my E500s and MPA and chalking it up to experience.

Yeah, from my personal experience too, any UE product below the triple.fi just screws up the listening experience to a whole new level.
mad.gif

Jan 24, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #27 of 31
So the 6G can be used to record 'memos' with an attached mic ? Correct ?

Can the mic on this set be used to record ? Yes or No ?

I need to know soon,as I need two sets of mics and phones and would happy to be able to buy something that combines both in a small,high quality unit.

Feb 6, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #29 of 31
Here's another question to peeps who have tried the super.fi 4vi. It IS a $100-$130 iem, but it's being compared here to some much more heady company. I have a set of the merto.fi plugs for the iPhone, and they sound better than anything I've heard in the $100-$150 range, and they can be picked up for around $70 online. Should be getting a set of the supers soon, and I can't wait to hear them...

Feb 6, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #30 of 31
[size=small]The Ety 6s best the new UE 4vis in every category, I would rather just take one IEM out and answer my iphone than spend over 100 bucks for an anemic sounding mid-centered iem just because it says UE on it. [/size]
[size=small]Everything from the super.fi 5 pros on up I like a lot, but below that threshold their stuff is totally over priced and sounds terrible, IMO similar to my feeling about the products at V Moda... [/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back