The NEW Nuforce NE800m. Titanium for your vocals, carbon fiber in your space, brass for your bass. (A review)

First

Back
Page 2 of 4
3 4
Next

Last
  1. jyri

Hello MasterChef,

Just to quickly comment on the cable part. We are not aware of any cable issues (no production or design faults) so please feel free to use the 800s on-the-go. If you experience anything similar as before please contact me directly. 
    [​IMG]

- Jyri - NuForce/Optoma

2. Tom22
    hey guys! I would like to also chime in my thoughts of the NE800M, (many thanks to Jyri for arranging for a sample).

i found the sound signature very similar to my old pairs of monster turbines (which i no longer have, gave them to my brother). Bassy and smooth, with good extension in the treble without a gutted out midrange (making it very musical sounding)

its without a doubt very bassy, and also not the tightest bass but it has decent control and good speed as well.  (which i find works for their benefit) I took them on my trip to korea/hong kong (which is where i'm typing to you guys).

they didn't isolate well (i would maybe slightly below average) due to all the venting in the rear and below the nozzle. But the bass was emphasized enough and had good impact that they were able provide some rhythm over the roaring engine of the plane.

They were also good when travelling in a foreign country (where i don't speak the language all too well). I could hear enough of whats going on around me on the bus, and on the streets. While still enjoying my music.

now back into the sound, I enjoyed my monster turbines very much (i was quite saddened to let them go, but i'm sure my brother enjoyed them =)

also i found the stock tips a bit hard to get a good seal ( i seem to be between their medium and their large). its better now (but i was able to get a more consistent seal with the Sony hybrids, and the brainwavz s0 (one is more narrow bore, while the other is a wide bore). Both pair very well but for different reasons.

below is a quick unboxing and my intitial thoughts when unboxing them

3. nmatheis Contributor
    Tom22: Did you try Comply? I really feel they helped to tighten up the bass.

I'm usually a huge fan of hybrids but not with NE800M. Made the bass flabby and soudstage smaller.

I thought the Heir-style tips would be the magic bullet, but nope.

Spinfit though, very nice! Reduced bass emphasis. Tighter bass. Let's the highs shine through better. Soundstage expands. Really liking it!

Tips is order of preference Spinfit >> Comply > Stock.

Of course, we all have slightly different ear canal physiology and preferences, so YMMV. But for me, Spinfit is it!!!

4. Tom22

ohh i haven't tried the included ones! but thats a good tip (i would like to try them once i get back home) 

I think i like the sony hybrids mostly for comfort and the fact they sealed (more so then the sound), sony hybrids are one of my favorite tips just because of this, they're very comfortable for my ears! 

because initially i found the stock silicones too hard (and i needed more tip, where natural oils and i put on some lotion) for them to "feel more comfortable in my ears 

i thought the spin fits worked well as well! they gave them a bit more length (which i think is needed because of the rather short nozzle) and the large housing (thats also why i wasnt a fan of the stock silicones (it was shorter and i guess i have deeper ear canals) 

I think you hit the nail on the head with your impressions of the spin fits + ne800m. i think the multi vented design on the ne800m gave them a more open sound stage (relatively speaking, like compare to the monster turbines(what i remember of them)

because due to the large bass emphasis if it had a more closed sound, it would feel very congested on some tracks, making like you said the bass more "flabby".

5. Tom22
    i did try the comply s400s from another earphone, and those worked well too! 

hm.... ideass.......! 

6. nmatheis Contributor
    I actually just saw a guy on the FLC 8S thread use tips with a small silicon o-ring as a spacer to increase the tip length. Assuming the tips would still stay on, I'm wondering how that would work with the hybrids and/or Heir tips. I think the additional length would help achieve a similar sound to the Spinfit tips. Any thoughts on that Tom22?

And have fun in Korea!!!

7. Tom22
    hm.... i wonder about that..... thats 1 aspect i find the spinfits have definitely got going for them (retaining the comfort of a single flange) but make it a bit longer so it sits deeper (but still not too deep in the ears)

8. nmatheis Contributor
    Yup, I'm tempted to stop by my local HW store soon and get some of those little o-rings.

9. nmatheis Contributor
    My NE800M review is up. Enjoy!

LINK

NuForceNE800M-8.jpg NuForceNE800M-13.jpg

10. nmatheis Contributor
    On sale right now for $99 on Amazon right now. That's $50 off the MSRP.

LINK

11. B9Scrambler
    nmatheis Great review. Sounds like an entertaining listen :)

12. nmatheis Contributor
    Thanks B9Scrambler!

It's one of those kick back and relax in front of the fire with a single malt kind of sounds :wink:

13. Dsnuts Contributor
    Great review nmatheis. I agree with the single malt kind of sound.  

14. nmatheis Contributor

Thanks! So, you liked the NE800M's little brother better?

15. Dsnuts Contributor
    Both of them have similar sound signatures but the NE750m is a case of less is more. The NE750 does have less mid bass vs the NE800m. The NE800m is the more richer sounding earphone but the NE750m due to less bass emphasis actually ends up being a bit more balanced sound wise. Has a touch more treble emphasis as well.  

First

Back
Page 2 of 4
3 4
Next

Last