The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Mar 6, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #61 of 3,535
Thanks my friend. Them IM03s should be nice..Look forward to your impressions of them. I was tempted with those myself but decided to go woodie. I am so glad I did. Keep tabs on the thread here as there will be some more impressions very soon..

Mar 6, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #62 of 3,535
Think these are much better than the FX800`s?, they have an the upgraded ofc cable and increased wooden dome size over the FX700`s, from what i remembered mids and bass were better on the FX800, soundstage the same, anyone tried both?

Mar 6, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #63 of 3,535
So the V-shaped signature from the FX700's are truly gone?  The overpowering bass that muddled the mids and the sibilance was a turn off for me, didn't have them long.  Loved the open sound though.  I'm coming from a pair of RE-272's, wish there was some place to audition iems, especially for the prices they're going now.

Mar 6, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #64 of 3,535
I hope someone magically brings a pair to the California meet.

Mar 6, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #66 of 3,535
  So the V-shaped signature from the FX700's are truly gone?  The overpowering bass that muddled the mids and the sibilance was a turn off for me, didn't have them long.  Loved the open sound though.  I'm coming from a pair of RE-272's, wish there was some place to audition iems, especially for the prices they're going now.

Never owned the FX700s but I can assure you that there is absolutely no sibilance on these or recession in the mids. The balance of each region of sound as with the over all sound is honed down to a fine point on these. Now these do have bass emphasis but it is musical type bass with excellent control. Music with less bass emphasis will not be more highlighted like they are on lesser phones. However music with more emphasis on the low note will have authority in the region.

So it truly depends on the recording just how much bass there is.. Now if bass is just not tolerated at all. I would look elsewhere. These do have bass but again I don't find the bass to be obtrusive to the overall balance or integrity of the sound in any way.

Mar 6, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #69 of 3,535
Subbed.
eek.gif

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #71 of 3,535
  great review DS  congratulations on another great discovery and window into nature of sound and music! wondering how the fox850 compare to the Doppios???

Doppios are much more neutral with less bass emphasis.. The FX850 are colored in a way that is pure enjoyment of music...A stage that is much grander in scope, wider and deeper than the Doppios. I think the Doppios are as close to an analytical sound as I want to get as their detail levels are staggering at times and are enjoyable in their own way. The FX850 gives that balanced sound some serious kick as it does not lack but actually excels in all areas of the sound spectrum.. Completely in control and can be delicate to a full on blown up sound when called for..

The abilities of the FX850 without question is one of the best I have heard. Truly a dynamic sound in the ears. Most music played through other phones have to adapt to the sound signature of the phones when heard through them.. The greatest aspect of the FX850 is that it has the ability to adapt to the music itself...The level of refinement makes them satisfactory to excellent for most if not all types of genres.. So they are very much versatile even though they have this big bold sound signature.

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #72 of 3,535
Love the creativity JVC is bringing to the table, I've long admired their wooden loudspeaker drivers as well... Now, who's taking the plunge on the 650? Very curious about those... couldn't care less about the price difference, but the size difference... My ears needs 'em small!

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #73 of 3,535
  Love the creativity JVC is bringing to the table, I've long admired their wooden loudspeaker drivers as well... Now, who's taking the plunge on the 650? Very curious about those... couldn't care less about the price difference, but the size difference... My ears needs 'em small!

I suspect the FX650s are going to be very nice and will not lack in the bass department. I haven't heard a JVC phone yet that had light bass. Neutral yes but light no. Those using the same exact tech as these FX850s minus cable.. Should be very nice..I am very curious to hear those myself.

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #74 of 3,535

thanks for that review Dsnuts. after hearing your thoughts on how big these sound, i'm pretty much sold on them. if you don't mind, i have a couple of questions please: how do movies and games sound on them? do you know how the soundstage and bass compare to the sennheiser ie 80 or sony xb90?

also, could you please tell me a good place to order the fx850? thank you again.

Played a few rounds of COD Black Ops2 just now.. OH man. Truly kicks..It has the perfect amount of detail, bass and stage for one of the best gaming audio I have heard on anything. Checked out some episodes of Walking dead and some Boardwalk Empire thrown in...Video audio is pure class.  Fantastic low end for movies and atmosphere.. Great sound positioning and cinematic qualities for movies..Dynamic. Truly dynamic.

Mar 6, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #75 of 3,535
Just ordered on amazon.jp shipping to tenso.  Refresh my memory as i haent used tenso since the days of cks1000.  Amazon will ship to tenso (i did use tenso address).  Whats next, tenso emails me when item arrives, and then i pay appx $20 to tenso and they ship?  How long did it take u to receive item from tenso?  Iff i recall i got cks1000 in roughly a week, give or take a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back