The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Mar 20, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #319 of 3,535
  Forget the modding. Try burn in.. It works.. 4 guys I know that own these will back me up on that.. Just try it for a weeks worth of time. See what happens and then try all the modding you want if the bass is still too big. You got nothing to loose but the very best sounding FX850 after it is done. I would seriously try it. 

Not just for the bass as it gets tighter and much more refined but the rest of the sound signature as well.. Much more detailed and that treble becomes amazing. You guys have to remember these have brand new silver coated OFC cables that come with them.. Burn them in..It will change how these sound to a much more refined version..

I tested my tracks for microdetails before and after burn in and you guys would be shocked at how much more detail these phones pick up after some time on the burner..

They are indeed bass heavy but very much in line with the treble and mids. The FX700s were much worse IMO. The FX700s were suitable for nothing more than low volume listening. With the 850s you can easily listen at medium to slightly above average volume levels without issue.

Edit: I'm noticing these IEMS really sing on tracks with good dynamic range :).

Mar 20, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #320 of 3,535
  Strings sound pretty damn natural to my ears.

Does that include unnaturally distorted strings...? Just making sure....
ph34r.gif

Mar 20, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #325 of 3,535

They are indeed bass heavy but very much in line with the treble and mids. The FX700s were much worse IMO. The FX700s were suitable for nothing more than low volume listening. With the 850s you can easily listen at medium to slightly above average volume levels without issue.

Edit: I'm noticing these IEMS really sing on tracks with good dynamic range :).

Exactly.
beerchug.gif

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #329 of 3,535
Are these great for metal and 80s music? I need something that has fast hitting bass that sounds clear and solid and not muddy.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

As I mentioned earlier they do really well on music with high dynamic range. Meaning if you bought CDs generally before 1995 and below the CDs for the most part have good dynamic range. 80s music sounds really good on them. They are not bad at all for all-arounders.

Mar 24, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #330 of 3,535
OK so I will be headed to Las Vegas with my FX850s in the ears. Fingers Crossed that nothing evil will happen to my FX850s.. Viva Las Vegas folks. Will report just how well they do on the big road trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back