The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Mar 10, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #166 of 3,535

Under "More buying choices" you can get it for 28,966.

Oops. Looks like I just lost $8.

Really doesn't matter much.

If these are as good as Dsnuts and mochill say, at a little over $300 compared to high ends out there, these sound like a great deal. I was ready to pull the trigger on some W4r's. I've purchased a few sets of IEM's Dsnuts has recommended and loved all of them, so I have high hopes for the 850's.

What is really amazing is they seem to have improved on the sound of the 700's and the one thing that kept me from buying the 700's is the lack of isolation. Sounds like these have good isolation.

Mar 11, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #168 of 3,535
The prices went back up. I was very upset and sent them an email in English and Japanese and got them to compare the price to the discount I saw on the site earlier today (I had ordered a day or so ago; thank you for posting this!). They took off about $56.00 from my original order. That's a very good deal now IMO. The FX700 were worth the $300 price tag and if these do indeed improve upon them noticeably.... :)

Mar 11, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #171 of 3,535
are these better than say RE-262 / RE-272 / EQ-5 ?

Mar 11, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #177 of 3,535
Wow, what bad luck. Just received my pair today and it's defective. Something is wrong with the connector. When I plug it into any DAP, it sounds muffled.  Good news is Amazon JP will send me a new pair. However, I'll have to pay Tenso for shipping again. Oh well.

Mar 12, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #179 of 3,535
  Wow, what bad luck. Just received my pair today and it's defective. Something is wrong with the connector. When I plug it into any DAP, it sounds muffled.  Good news is Amazon JP will send me a new pair. However, I'll have to pay Tenso for shipping again. Oh well.

Like really muffled with no definition or you can hear the music but it sounds bloated muffled? If it is the latter I would try burning them in overnight as see what happens in the morning.

By the way guys a little update..With over 200 hours of driver blasting these have now become an absolute gem of a sound in every way possible.. Guys that are getting these or ordered these. Please do burn them in for the minimum 100 hours before making a true judgment on them.. Happy listening to everyone.

Mar 12, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #180 of 3,535
Just gonna watch things develop in this thread. Yep

Users who are viewing this thread

Back