The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Aug 23, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #6,961 of 9,165
Best show I've ever been to. Audio and visual delight and totally engaging!!!! Went twice when in Brisbane last year. Booked the second show after seeing first night. :D

Enjoy!!! :):):):):):)

i am back, that was the night, that was the experience, brilliant, almost like good old times, i was late 80s to Pink Floyd and today i was amazed, Waters managed to pull brilliant team and i felt like back in good old times, it was by far one of the best i ever seen, perhaps Genesis comes to mind too when i was to their Farewell Tour but the Wall is something special and i am still recovering from impressions received tonight, cannot sleep after this beauty attack on my nerves.

Aug 24, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #6,963 of 9,165
YEAH :)

ICONIC !!!

and love this one:

Aug 24, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #6,964 of 9,165
Floyd is probably my favorite band of all time. Seen them 4 times on 3 tours.

Was at the original Wall show at Madison Square Garden in NYC and saw the 30th Anniversary Wall Tour in the same place. The most significant difference was the upgraded sound in the Garden. Absolute auditory nirvana. Gintaras nailed it with the comment... It brought back the good old days!

Aug 24, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #6,965 of 9,165
Floyd is my favorite band as well but being 26 i've never had the pleasure to see them live. And the time that Roger Waters The Wall came to my hometown, my daughter was born a couple days before the show :D
But hopefully if there is a next time for the tour I will be there in a heartbeat.

Aug 24, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #6,966 of 9,165
Guys, 

Still on my  1plus2  subjet:   I am sorry to ask this stupid question, but.... I am trying to understand why do you buy a  1plus2   instead of a full size Headphone when for the same price than a 1plus2 ( or other $2000 IEMs) you could get the VERY-Top-of the line Full size headphone like LCD3, TH900 or HD800 ?  

Is it only for portability issue or, besides portability reasons, do you consider the sonic advantage/pleasure of 1+2  better than those "dream Full size headphone" ? 

This is important for me to understand. Indeed, I have today a TH-900 that I am using for normal listening, but as you know I am looking for another headphone that do not leak sound outside for when I cannot disturb my environment (at work or in the bed when my wife sleep).   So I am looking for either a IEM or a (very) closed "non-leaking" headphone.
If I choose IEM, it is very likely that it will be the  1plus2 ,  but.... I still wonder if a  Beyerdynamic T5p, Edition 8  or Signature PRO...  will not be a better solution ?

thanks for your explanations

Aug 24, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #6,967 of 9,165
Quote:
Floyd is my favorite band as well but being 26 i've never had the pleasure to see them live. And the time that Roger Waters The Wall came to my hometown, my daughter was born a couple days before the show
biggrin.gif

But hopefully if there is a next time for the tour I will be there in a heartbeat.

mate, you must go and see this, Waters is like a good wine, the older the better :-D

what amazed me that Waters was able to put together a great team which brings the performance close to the original, even soloist who sings Gilmour parts does amazing job, i was positively shocked.

Icefalkon, +1 from me, Pink Floyd is my favorite band by far too, have all their albums. yesterday returning home after the show i had to sit on my hands not to turn on my front end to listen to the Wall all over again, to tell frankly this was close to 1 a.m. so should i have failed the police would be duly called by someone ( i never listen to PF at low volume) :-D

Aug 24, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #6,968 of 9,165
Album art problem

Okay, i bought the AK100 and let me start by saying that I am very impressed by the build quality, UI and especially the sound quality. This little device is very impressive.

However, album art is not displayed by my AK100, except for the songs that came pre-installed on the SD with the device. I use MAX for Mac OSX to integrate my album art in 500x500 Jpg format in my Flac files. I have also tried JPEG200 and PNG (just to be sure). Nothing works! The songs are playing but there is no album art.

Please help......

Aug 24, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #6,969 of 9,165
Quote:
Has someone tried the Translucent 1plus2 with the AK100 / RWAK100 ?   I am intrigued about this "special" IEM !  Might be my solution to my need for a "very good NON-leaking headphone"

not sure how it would sound like on the modded AK100, but on my AK100, its so bad that i would rather listen to Kanen KM-928 than 1+2; i find the synergy between my AK100 and Merlin is good.. and today i tried RSA P-51 Mustang between these 2 and gawd... i think its pretty much the end of my audio journey.

Aug 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #6,970 of 9,165
Quote:
Guys, 

Still on my  1plus2  subjet:   I am sorry to ask this stupid question, but.... I am trying to understand why do you buy a  1plus2   instead of a full size Headphone when for the same price than a 1plus2 ( or other $2000 IEMs) you could get the VERY-Top-of the line Full size headphone like LCD3, TH900 or HD800 ?  

Is it only for portability issue or, besides portability reasons, do you consider the sonic advantage/pleasure of 1+2  better than those "dream Full size headphone" ? 

This is important for me to understand. Indeed, I have today a TH-900 that I am using for normal listening, but as you know I am looking for another headphone that do not leak sound outside for when I cannot disturb my environment (at work or in the bed when my wife sleep).   So I am looking for either a IEM or a (very) closed "non-leaking" headphone.
If I choose IEM, it is very likely that it will be the  1plus2 ,  but.... I still wonder if a  Beyerdynamic T5p, Edition 8  or Signature PRO...  will not be a better solution ?

thanks for your explanations

Cos with the 1Plus2, I still could use it out of the house with a storage case for the uber cable :-

Whereas with the TH-900's, they're somewhat bigger whilst the others you've mentioned leak.

Aug 24, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #6,971 of 9,165
not sure how it would sound like on the modded AK100, but on my AK100, its so bad that i would rather listen to Kanen KM-928 than 1+2; i find the synergy between my AK100 and Merlin is good.. and today i tried RSA P-51 Mustang between these 2 and gawd... i think its pretty much the end of my audio journey.

@Bmichels::
i posted my impressions from using 1p2 with RWAK (moded AK100). i also had 1p2 impressions posted on ASG2 forum comparing both IEMs. i do not see what else answers i can post to reassure you in what i heard.

Aug 24, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #6,972 of 9,165
Guys, could you please help to understand how the manual eq works in AK100? Namely, when you tap the frequency bar and see the advanced settings. There is like a field where you can put the dot. Vertically is the +/- level, but what is changed when you tap to the left or to the right being on the same level vertically? Does it influence on the frequency or maybe the width of applied effect in terms of changing the adjacent frequencies?

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #6,973 of 9,165
Hey guys I just downloaded the newest firmware 2.20 for my RWAK100s and the usb dac function seems to not work on my windows 7. I thought it was plug and play, but not sure if im doing something wrong. I was really looking forward to using the usb dac function too ;(

Aug 25, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #6,974 of 9,165
Quote:
Hey guys I just downloaded the newest firmware 2.20 for my RWAK100s and the usb dac function seems to not work on my windows 7. I thought it was plug and play, but not sure if im doing something wrong. I was really looking forward to using the usb dac function too ;(

Are you plugging into a USB 2 or 3 socket. It only works on USB 2..................

Aug 25, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #6,975 of 9,165
Quote:
Are you plugging into a USB 2 or 3 socket. It only works on USB 2..................

did not know about the 3.0 not working but my pc has one of each and I had no luck with the 2.0 usb either. Thanks spkrs for that information! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back