The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Jul 5, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #6,467 of 9,165
Quote:
+1. It would be better to add impedance than to change a cable. Sorry to all cable believers, but I honestly don't think cables makes a huge difference.

keep it this this way Kim... will save you ****loads of $$$....

You've never experienced it for yourself that's why :wink:.

sigh... just demo'ed the Uber today.... my wallet is trembling.... 

Jul 5, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #6,470 of 9,165
Quote:
and you don't see the conflict in not wanting to change the cable due to sound while not believing it does.  A possible .5 ohm difference in a headphone is going to be technically unimportant.

No no. I believe that sound sig does change. It does. I don't doubt that. There are measurements to prove that. Is it better? IDK. From my experience, they did open up the sound more, but just not worth the $100. 

Jul 5, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #6,472 of 9,165
Lol. I almost just cried. The reason I wanted to mod my AK100 was because UERM lost it's treble with 22ohm. Well, guess what? I just EQed the treble, and the sound is perfect. You have no idea how I feel right now.
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #6,473 of 9,165
Quote:
Lol. I almost just cried. The reason I wanted to mod my AK100 was because UERM lost it's treble with 22ohm. Well, guess what? I just EQed the treble, and the sound is perfect. You have no idea how I feel right now.
biggrin.gif

We have a good idea....
smile.gif

Jul 5, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #6,474 of 9,165

I just got the volume knob protector and I like it. It does protect and it looks good. Of course, it's way overpriced. But better to be safe, when sorry. And now it is much easier to take it from the case without thinking to brake the knob.
Also, I switched to Iriver 2.01 FW and, in my opinion, it is sound better when Listrid FW. Bass is more prominent, treble is more extended.
Soundstage is wider. Of course, with Eq On.

Jul 6, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #6,476 of 9,165
Quote:

I just got the volume knob protector and I like it. It does protect and it looks good. Of course, it's way overpriced. But better to be safe, when sorry. And now it is much easier to take it from the case without thinking to brake the knob.
Also, I switched to Iriver 2.01 FW and, in my opinion, it is sound better when Listrid FW. Bass is more prominent, treble is more extended.
Soundstage is wider. Of course, with Eq On.

Where did you get the knob protector?
Another person that prefers stock firmware.

Jul 6, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #6,477 of 9,165
Jul 6, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #6,478 of 9,165
Although a bit wobbly I never feel it is in any danger of falling off... Esp if you use the leather case it actually didn't protrude that much.... all "protector" I have seen are really ugly, including the stock AK120 one... would much rather have the same design as AK100

Jul 6, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #6,480 of 9,165
Quote:
Although a bit wobbly I never feel it is in any danger of falling off... Esp if you use the leather case it actually didn't protrude that much.... all "protector" I have seen are really ugly, including the stock AK120 one... would much rather have the same design as AK100

What leather case do you have? The dignis one or iRiver one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back