The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Nov 5, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #9,106 of 9,164
HDTracks don't sell to New Zealand 
confused_face_2.gif

How then do I get Hi Res songs and albums?

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #9,107 of 9,164
  Hey...

Have just bought a RWAK100s.

What is the SD capacity nowadays?

Recommendations for brand/type/class/size?

It's a few weeks away, and no Hi Res tracks yet.

I use two SanDisk 200GB cards in my RWAK100 and also in my AK100/Glove Audio A1 combo (and AK120 Titan/Mojo combo).

Nov 18, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #9,110 of 9,164
  I'm enjoying listening to the RWAK100s.

Have managed to format an SD card to Fat32.

Now trying to load firmware 2.42 via a Mac.
Have tried a couple of things, but I know it's not the right way to do it.
Help please.

Have it unzipped on my desktop.

Figured it out, but not on a Mac.
Went onto a PC and downloaded iRiver Plus 4.
Should have thought of it earlier!

Dec 4, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #9,111 of 9,164
Hey everyone,

Im having problems with the MicroSD card that ive been using ever sinse I got the device.
Well, im guessing its the MicroSD card.

Here is the issue;

No matter what I do, delete folders, format the card (all while accessing from the AK100 usb mode) all of the old content returns after a library scan. I just cant modify or delete anything.

I have even tried using Iriver software, to delete all the music and still the problem persists.

If I delete the content or format the card, disconect the ak100, and then do not perform a library scan. The same folder structure returns.
This is the same even if I do a library scan after.

Ive no idea what to do.

Anyone experienced this and know how to fix it?

Many thanks.

Dec 4, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #9,112 of 9,164
  Hey everyone,

Im having problems with the MicroSD card that ive been using ever sinse I got the device.

Here is the issue;

No matter what I do, delete folders, format the card (all while accessing from the AK100 usb mode) all of the old content returns after a library scan. I just cant modify or delete anything.

I have even tried using Iriver software, to delete all the music and still the problem persists.

If I delete the content or format the card, disconect the ak100, and then do not perform a library scan. The same folder structure returns.

Ive no idea what to do.

Many thanks.

I've  formatted cards via my Macbook with no problems. 
Wasn't able to do it from the AK100 for some reason.

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #9,113 of 9,164
Hey everyone,

Here is the issue;

Ive no idea what to do.

Many thanks.

Put card in card reader connected to PC & try a chkdsk from command line, run repairs if it finds errors/gives you the option to fix them. Failing that, try formatting the card again via a card reader connected to PC in Windoze. If neither of those works, card is probably borked, though not being able to modify or delete anything on the card but being able to access stuff on it is a bit weird. Normally you'd probably expect not to be able access some or all of the stuff on the card when they're borked. Sandisk's Formatter Tool is worth a shot as well (you'll find it on their website/with a Google search).

Jan 7, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #9,114 of 9,164
Hi guys,

Hoping someone here can help.

I've had the AK100 for some time but have only recently tried using it as a DAC. Long story short, I can't get it to work! The information online on this topic is pretty sketchy and the support from iRiver themselves is bordering on non-existent. If I describe what I've done thus far hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

* AK100 is on v2.42
* I've connected AK100 to my PC using a mini-USB to full-USB cable. Selected 'DAC' mode on the player.
* My PC recognizes the player as a potential Sound output
* I've select the DAC as the primary output within 'Playback Devices' on the laptop
* The sound-controls (laptop) show the sound levels moving up and down as the laptop-sounds play
* I've connected headphones to the AK100 as normal

...but not a peep of sound. I've followed the same steps on a separate laptop as well, and no joy there either.

Any tips / advice would be much appreciated!!

Cheers
Dave

Jan 14, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #9,115 of 9,164
  Hey everyone,

Here is the issue;

Ive no idea what to do.

Many thanks.

I've experienced this after deleting files on a micro-SD card that I use with my Sansa Clip+.

Here's what was happening for me: my laptop (running Linux) was not actually deleting the files, but putting them into a hidden trash folder, which the Clip+ would then index and play.

The hidden folder was named .Trash-1000 (with the leading period). On Linux, if you press CTRL-H to show hidden files, and delete that folder it fixes the problem. A Mac will apparently do the same thing, and the solution there is to empty the trash before ejecting the SD card. You could probably also look up how to view hidden files on a mac and just delete the trash folder. I don't think Windows has this issue.

I don't know if that's your problem. It would be weird if the .Trash file persisted after formatting the SD card, but who knows? UNLESS... when you have the AK100 connected to the computer and format the storage, you're only formatting the player's internal storage and not the card. Have you tried formatting the card in a USB card reader?

Well, that's my 2c. Hope you figure out what's wrong :)

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #9,118 of 9,164
  Can I use a 200gb micro sd card in this? Thinking about getting one to use with my mojo but only want one if i can use a card with that much storage.

Just don't forget to format it to FAT32.

Hi guys,

Hoping someone here can help.

I've had the AK100 for some time but have only recently tried using it as a DAC. Long story short, I can't get it to work! The information online on this topic is pretty sketchy and the support from iRiver themselves is bordering on non-existent. If I describe what I've done thus far hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

* AK100 is on v2.42
* I've connected AK100 to my PC using a mini-USB to full-USB cable. Selected 'DAC' mode on the player.
* My PC recognizes the player as a potential Sound output
* I've select the DAC as the primary output within 'Playback Devices' on the laptop
* The sound-controls (laptop) show the sound levels moving up and down as the laptop-sounds play
* I've connected headphones to the AK100 as normal

...but not a peep of sound. I've followed the same steps on a separate laptop as well, and no joy there either.

Any tips / advice would be much appreciated!!

Cheers
Dave

According to my knowledge the AK100 is only a USB DAC (and not, as you might have thought, a USB DAC/AMP).
You have to connect an actual additional AMP to the AK100 to make it produce sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back