The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Sep 17, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #8,656 of 9,165
Hello Marek,

You are correct, the USB DAC function on the AK100 and AK120 gen 1 players does not support USB 3.0.

The USB DAC mode is not compatible with Linux based operating systems.

I know that You are talking about second generation, but here is response from official support, I think they may release new drivers for second generation, but first generation probably will be skipped.

Sep 19, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #8,657 of 9,165
The shuffle function on this is just awful. !!!  It just keeps playing maybe the same twenty over and over. If you want to hear anything else you have to keep hitting forward. And going backwards is very, very hit and miss , at the moment it doesn't seem to be doing it at all.

Sep 19, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #8,658 of 9,165
Hi there!

I had an unpleasant surprise this morning. It seems that my AK100 has deleted about 35 GB of music from one of the 128 GB Micro SD cards. I'm absolutely sure that I haven't deleted anything myself. It started as usual with a message from my iMac that one drive (micro SD card) cannot be read, then I removed both SDs form AK100 and put back. The lost drive was recognized, but 35 GB of music have disappeared from the second micro SD that was visible before. Maybe the loss of information has nothing to do with my AK 100, it's just a defect of Sandisk SD card, but it's annoying anyway. I'll fill it up again sure however I'm starting to feel a bit reserved against this unstable gadget.
Has anybody encountered something like this?

Sep 19, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #8,659 of 9,165
Don't try and fill  it up again switch it off , then switch it on again and let it run a library scan. Your music will pop up again. I quite often find either a whole card has vanished or if it is there find  nothing in it.  When I do what I said here it comes back.  

I think Ak100 owners give up quite  bit for wanting great sound.
etysmile.gif

Sep 19, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #8,661 of 9,165
 Damn that nearly always works for me . Maybe  it is  something wrong with the card, because I don't get that message,  Can you try it  elsewhere.

One thing, when I add new stuff   it does a scan, but I always have to switch it off then switch it on and scan again before I see anything. 

Sep 19, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #8,664 of 9,165
The AK100 can only read FAT32, if I remember it correctly.

The 128gb microsd (or 64gb) needs to be formatted thoroughly. I remember a friend having bought a 128gb and his AK not recognizing half his music. It got fixed by formating the card by not using quick format.

Sep 19, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #8,667 of 9,165
  The shuffle function on this is just awful. !!!  It just keeps playing maybe the same twenty over and over. If you want to hear anything else you have to keep hitting forward. And going backwards is very, very hit and miss , at the moment it doesn't seem to be doing it at all.

Just go into "all songs " and select any song when that happens.  You will get a new random playlist.  The same old one may come back after restarting the device though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back