The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Mar 24, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #4,351 of 4,956

thanks! haha my mistake.... i got the numbers confused! thanks for catching that! 

Nah,that's fine, not an issue at all......
beerchug.gif

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #4,352 of 4,956
What would be better for movies/tv shows - the VSD3S or VSD3?

My main gripe with the earphones that came with my Samsung is I have trouble making out the vocals. So something that emphasizes vocals will be ideal.

For around the same price, would there be another brand that better meets my needs?

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #4,353 of 4,956
What would be better for movies/tv shows - the VSD3S or VSD3?

My main gripe with the earphones that came with my Samsung is I have trouble making out the vocals. So something that emphasizes vocals will be ideal.

For around the same price, would there be another brand that better meets my needs?

Really, for your application either will be a decent step up from those stock earphones. Personally, I like the VSD3S. These little Vsonic are really quite good, especially for thier price.

Mar 29, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #4,355 of 4,956
  So its not the Neutrik logo embossed on it ? or its in a diff way to look like it when seen little far but its not when closely looked upon? anyway the purpose solved in a neat budget way, end of the day.......

Sorry, my previous post had a typo. I meant there's NO sign that what I got wasn't an original Neutrik plug. It has the Neutrik logo embossed on the metal body, and also, the person who supplied the materials and did the soldering for me is the owner of a fairly reputed pro audio dealership, so I have no doubts about the authenticity of the plug.

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #4,357 of 4,956
if anyone is wondering how the vsd5 compares with the vsd3s

here is my first impression on the vsd5 as well as a short comparsion with the vsd3s!

enjoy!

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M12bvXt2bR4[/VIDEO]

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #4,358 of 4,956
finally got the lunarshop's detachable 1 button cable in! Always good to have a spare cable handy =)

click on the link below to see me compare them with the stock cable

Enjoy!

Apr 21, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #4,359 of 4,956
Just bought these, after trying out them at a local shop. (Tried the W40 and the Ckr5 as well :p)

Surprised by the performance, definitely better sq IMO than the ckr5, more controlled. Better isolation compared to the gr07, which is always good in noisy environments.

Prefer these over the gr07 because of comfort (rounded edges) better isolation, and better sound signature for electronic music. Would definitely reccomemd them for a friend if they ever need a upgrade over their...stock ear buds.

Apr 21, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #4,360 of 4,956
The cable at the jack connector is coming undone so now the inside wires aren't covered by the outer at the end of the cable. Looks quite fragile. What do you think should I do? I have the detachable version but it's only a few months old and I don't plan to exchange the cable every few months...

Apr 21, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #4,361 of 4,956
  The cable at the jack connector is coming undone so now the inside wires aren't covered by the outer at the end of the cable. Looks quite fragile. What do you think should I do? I have the detachable version but it's only a few months old and I don't plan to exchange the cable every few months...

You better get a replacement cable as it's under warranty....coz It really doesn't make sense even if you change it to non-detachable cable version as both the models are same (unless you experience sound cuts,due to connector issues).....

Apr 21, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #4,362 of 4,956
I bought mind at Toy Outpost, Singapore (Lend Me ur Ears) and asked for vsd3s removable cable...and I think they gave me the fixed one. One hour trip there from where I live, so I'll think I'll just keep it...and hope the cable can hold. The 3.5 mm jack looks kinda weak :/

Apr 21, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #4,363 of 4,956

You better get a replacement cable as it's under warranty....coz It really doesn't make sense even if you change it to non-detachable cable version as both the models are same (unless you experience sound cuts,due to connector issues).....

Yeah, in this particular case it's actually rather lucky I have a detachable version. I'm not sure though if the site I bought them from (mp4nation) can exchange the cable only.
I was just looking for a solution for the long term, like how to make the cable ending more durable.

Apr 21, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #4,364 of 4,956
  Yeah, in this particular case it's actually rather lucky I have a detachable version. I'm not sure though if the site I bought them from (mp4nation) can exchange the cable only.
I was just looking for a solution for the long term, like how to make the cable ending more durable.

whatsoever,you send MP4N an email and I believe they might give an option that's to send you a new cable if you wish so (saves money and time)......and if there's really an issue with the earpiece, you might send them for a new replacement......so its upto you to get the spare cable handy during this very warranty period before your existing stock cable bite its dust soon.....just taking regular care is sufficient with Vsonic cables and there are some very skinny / not good cables out there which needs some really serious babying them.....or just keep it safe in a pouch unused  - long term solution and most durable.
wink_face.gif
jk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back