The new IE 300: Big and detailed sound, everywhere.
Jan 13, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #16 of 34
January 19th, are there demos available in the respective countries?
That’s a good question, and a bit tricky considering the world health situation. I‘ll ask my contacts, but I expect that will be a decision made by individual dealers.

Jan 13, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #18 of 34
I contacted my source here in Greece and they don't know when review sample will be available.
Well, in any situation it will be at least two months away.

Jan 13, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #20 of 34
Just basing that off the worldwide release in March, as mentioned in the announcement ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But leave a message if you get a chance to demo! I’ll try to demo them and give some listening notes along with a playlist of songs I think suit it well (like I just did for the HD 560S yesterday)

Jan 13, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #22 of 34
I would love to try these out and review them if a demo train gets setup. Definitely excited.

Jan 14, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #24 of 34
Oh, I saw this photo focusing on the Fidelity + MMCX connector, thought I'd share:
1610660668050.png

Jan 16, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #26 of 34
How does the ie300 suppose to stand in comparison to the ie400 pro? Do they use the same drive but only tuned differently?
They’re both of Sennheiser’s “new generation” of quality, though the shells are a bit different as suited to the purposes of stage use and something with a bit more ”I like looking at this” and ready for business class travel. The tips should also feel slightly less stiff in the ear with the IE 300. They both have a bit of excitement in a v-shaped sound, but the IE 300 is a bit less hyped... I’ll give more listening impressions once I get a pair.

Jan 25, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #27 of 34
Hey Head-Fi! We added some real-life footage to show all the benefits of the design, in a more comprehensive video. Hope you enjoy this deeper look at our passion project:

Remember, it’s coming soon, with an Asian launch in February, and around the world in March!

Sennheiser added a more in-depth look at the IE 300 onto the first page, there’s some extra details in it that I haven’t seen elsewhere.

Mar 26, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #28 of 34
I got a pair, and started a playlist of songs specifically tailored to show off the IE 300’s strengths! It’s collaborative though, so feel free to add your own favorites, and check out the tracks added by the people Sennheiser sent samples to follow along with their review process:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sennheiser-ie-300-synergy-playlist.956900/post-16261492

@skumrat, these do indeed have a V-shaped sound signature with some added emphasis on the bass and treble. I do find it to be an exciting and energetic sound, but on a scale of a mild u-shaped, moderate v-shaped, to a strong v-shaped frequency tuning, I would say that the IE 300 has the moderate emphasis. Modern Pop, EDM, and similar music that is mixed with the expectation of a headphone or speakers with boosted subwoofer bass is well represented, but I can still go back and listen to 90’s and earlier music without a “hollow” sound in the mids. Classical from all ages is powerful, though the moderate v-shape is especially befitting orchestral movie soundtracks that convey the urgency, excitement, or grandiose scale of the cinematic scenes. I have some other in-ears with a stronger bass emphasis, and they make the bass drum in the second track of my playlist sound TOO strong and overshadow all the other instruments, but the IE 300’s emphasis still allows me to hear and enjoy the mandolin solo at the beginning and the strings throughout without having to change the volume every time the bass drum starts.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #30 of 34
@fablestruck the IE 400 Pro (and that Bluetooth adapter) use a different connector called the Pentaconn Ear, not compatible with the Fidelity+ MMCX connector of the IE 300.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back