The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread
May 24, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #691 of 719
Hi ted - what would you recommend for the Hd800s? Copper or silver litz ?

I listen to all sorts of music, only recently got the headphones, so I have no complaints with the stock cable.

I have your silver litz for se846, and copper for hd650, I should be able to answer this myself!

as per head-fi rules please email me: tedallen0220@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #692 of 719
yep too bad his company is relatively unknown. He makes the best sounding cables. I've had $700 cables before from other companies and they are of cheaper quality and didn't sound as good.

Better than Toxic Silver Widow Cables? I just bought the Silver Ted Allen Cable so was just wondering how they compare against each other. does teds sound better?

Aug 11, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #693 of 719
One of Ted's cables...

Silver 4.4 with spalted wood housing, DX200ti and IMR R1. Good value, good cable

20180811_100636.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #694 of 719
Just noticed a 30% off sale on @teds headfood website. Perfect timing for me since I need a balanced cable for my new Sonus faber Prymas. His new Type 2 OCC copper cable sounds really good with my HD 6XX.

Oct 23, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #695 of 719
Just noticed a 30% off sale on @teds headfood website. Perfect timing for me since I need a balanced cable for my new Sonus faber Prymas. His new Type 2 OCC copper cable sounds really good with my HD 6XX.
Great! I think I want a 48" silver LIDS for my 846s. I've been meaning to send in my 64" to get repaired for some months, now. I think the area around the right memory wire is defective. Thought I'd try it again, substituting it for the original Shure cable. My Bog, I forgot what I've been missing.
What can I say? The man makes musical cords.

Nov 3, 2018 at 1:04 AM Post #696 of 719
I’d like a Hd800s replacement cable to bring some spark back into the marriage.

Dec 6, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #697 of 719
For some time, I've been in the camp that doubted that cables can make a difference - I'm no longer in that camp - Ted's T2 Litz silver balanced cable for my HD800S has made me a believer - a definite boost in clarity, detail, and overall SQ.

HD800S Balanced Cable.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #699 of 719
I know Toxic is out of business, Whiplash has been for a while, DHC is still in business. I need s headphone cable made soon didn’t know Teds cables were still around...I bought one of his OCC Silver Cables after he split with Chris himself very good quality...

Mar 23, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #700 of 719
I know Toxic is out of business, Whiplash has been for a while, DHC is still in business. I need s headphone cable made soon didn’t know Teds cables were still around...I bought one of his OCC Silver Cables after he split with Chris himself very good quality...

Ted's still in biz...has great cables.

Mar 23, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #701 of 719
email me before end of month so i can honor the 30% off sale

Apr 8, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #702 of 719
Just picked up a pair of used older Silver cables without the sleeving. Love their clarity up top, but as mentioned here the bass response was thin sounding. How much would the Silver Litz T2 cables improve on that or should I go with a hybrid cable instead?

Apr 8, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #703 of 719
Just picked up a pair of used older Silver cables without the sleeving. Love their clarity up top, but as mentioned here the bass response was thin sounding. How much would the Silver Litz T2 cables improve on that or should I go with a hybrid cable instead?
The T2 does a great job of keeping a cohesive balance of lows, mids and highs. I've never perceived the bass on the T2 as being thin at all.

Jun 21, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #704 of 719
I just got the T2 silver litz cables from Ted for my iem and headphones. Really like the cables. Good craftsmanship and quality. I had silver cables from somewhere else in the past and they were way too bright for me but with Ted's cable, it isn't bright. And I don't find the bass on the T2 cable thin at all as well. Definitely one of my favorite cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back