The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread
Sep 5, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #601 of 719
Type 2 on the right. Previous version of silver litz on the left.

Sep 21, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #603 of 719
Just received the new T2 silver reference cables from Ted. I was intending to play some video games but here I am browsing through HF listening to music with the new cables 
tongue.gif

They are awesome - the bass extends really, really low, highs are really smooth and the soundstage is spacious! Worth every penny I paid.

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #604 of 719
I dare say the T2 offers a slightly better balanced signature than my Twag3 and DHC fusion.  As others have said, the big improvement over the original litz is the extra fullness and bass impact.  I'm liking his new bone (or is it horn?) Y splitters.

Sep 26, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #605 of 719
  Just got my SPC cables in from Ted. Here's my quick short impressions:

Damn these things are beautiful. Combine that with the carbon fiber and rhodium plated brass y-split and 3.5mm barrel jack, the whole thing flows impressively well together. The clear "shielding" is instead dark colored, unlike the completely clear ones used on his silver and copper. A nice touch to the overall appeal, and while not as "soft" as the silver or copper, it is quite supple. In fact, it feels soft and supple enough to know that its a nice shielding but hard enough to feel the denseness and strength that it has. I definitely enjoy the feel of this.
Just like with all his work, the handmade wires are excellent. These have such attention to detail, that its awesome to see the quality of work when left in capable hands. You can tell these are handmade and its precisely why I bought from him yet again. Like always, his braiding is awesome and there's really nothing negative I can say that is a negative. Maybe except being sent in a titanium case to go along with the beautiful wires 
etysmile.gif

As for sound, I am testing them on my Westone UM Pro 50s. Holy cow! I thought I LOVED the silver, but I strangely love the SPC even more. I was worried about how I might not like it or something because of the constant SPC complaints from users about other companies but I was proved wrong. I enjoyed the dark body of the Pro 50s to start off, but this took it on a whole level. What I mean is that it kept the same body and fullness that was there but brought even more clarity, microdetail, and soundstage. Honestly, I am blown away yet again.
Imagine the Pro 50s with stock wires like sitting next to a fireplace by yourself, enjoying the warmth and coziness of the fire. The SPC wire keeps that same feeling of coziness and warmth but with friends and family during a joyous celebration with smiles, laughter, and lots of partying. Its a whole new animal.

Aside from my weird analogies, I enjoyed the quick test. I simply just forgot about the hard and annoying day I had at work. For dark sounding IEMs, since that's all I have tested, these are awesome if you want to bring some brightness, clarity, and such but still wanted to keep the same base sound. While I enjoyed my silver, which I take massive pride in owning, I feel I enjoy the SPC much more. I thank Ted for making one, at such a quick creation time too, and would recommend his cables yet again.

Pictures soon!!!

have you by chance tried copper yet i just bought some and am super keen to get any impresions with copper and um 50 . ta

Oct 11, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #606 of 719
Just received my SPC cables from Ted today and man o man, what can I say... I'm blown away by the sound that These cables make! I have the Fender FXA7 Pro and went back and forth between a few cables. But when I finally put on these SPC cables, the soundstage just exploded! It's been a long time since I've heard soundstage like this, and not to mention a solid bottom end with the sparkly highs. SPC wire really turned my head. I've been a dedicated pure silver buyer, but I'm a proud SPC convert. Lol

Oct 12, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #607 of 719
I just got his new T2 copper and it is really nice. I have the older version of the silver litz and the new copper is much softer and flexible.

In terms of sound stage, I find the silver is more open and bright. While the copper is pretty warm with huge bass impact. 

In comparison to the stock cables, both really open up the sound stage and make everything sound louder IMO.

Oct 19, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #608 of 719
  I just got his new T2 copper and it is really nice. I have the older version of the silver litz and the new copper is much softer and flexible.

In terms of sound stage, I find the silver is more open and bright. While the copper is pretty warm with huge bass impact. 

In comparison to the stock cables, both really open up the sound stage and make everything sound louder IMO.

Glad you liked them as much as I did. While I won't go into how the cables sound (tonality-wise), I find that the silver is a little bit more open and clear but the copper feels very nice when paired against each other.

Considering the size of the cables to most stock cables, the wider soundstage, overall higher potential of better sound, and louder volume should come to no surprise.

I own both T2 Silver and Copper. They are amazing and Ted never fails to amaze me with his work.

Oct 19, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #609 of 719
Just received my SPC cables from Ted today and man o man, what can I say... I'm blown away by the sound that These cables make! I have the Fender FXA7 Pro and went back and forth between a few cables. But when I finally put on these SPC cables, the soundstage just exploded! It's been a long time since I've heard soundstage like this, and not to mention a solid bottom end with the sparkly highs. SPC wire really turned my head. I've been a dedicated pure silver buyer, but I'm a proud SPC convert. Lol

I've never had luck with his SPC cables. All my IEMs seemed to never really place nice with them. Glad there are at least some people who can find enjoyment with those lineup :D

Oct 19, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #610 of 719

I've never had luck with his SPC cables. All my IEMs seemed to never really place nice with them. Glad there are at least some people who can find enjoyment with those lineup :D

Yes Im quite glad too =) I guess that goes to show how different all IEM's are from one another and how different cables respond differently to their sound signatures. The FXA7 was an exceptionally difficult IEM to find the right cable for. Generally Silver is the way to go as its clearer and a more open sound, but Silver made the FXA7's sound unbearable in the upper region because of their treble boost at 8khz and their overall brightness.

But the SPC cable for some reason just hit the sweet spot! Absolutely love it.

Oct 20, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #611 of 719

Yes Im quite glad too =) I guess that goes to show how different all IEM's are from one another and how different cables respond differently to their sound signatures. The FXA7 was an exceptionally difficult IEM to find the right cable for. Generally Silver is the way to go as its clearer and a more open sound, but Silver made the FXA7's sound unbearable in the upper region because of their treble boost at 8khz and their overall brightness.

But the SPC cable for some reason just hit the sweet spot! Absolutely love it.

I find it interesting. A very small margin of IEMs I have owned or heard have played nicely with a SPC cable. But then again, there are plenty of IEMs that do, since they come stock with it. Example would be Campfire Audio's IEMs.

Oct 23, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #612 of 719
I also placed an order for T2 OCC Silver cable for my HD650. This is the first time I'm buying from Ted and so far it has been a real pleasure doing business with him.

Oct 24, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #613 of 719
  I also placed an order for T2 OCC Silver cable for my HD650. This is the first time I'm buying from Ted and so far it has been a real pleasure doing business with him.

I'm sure you will love it! Let us hear your impressions when you get them.

Nov 12, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #614 of 719
Just got a banana plug speaker tap -> XLR connector, and a matching XLR-> Hifiman headphone cable. A great price and couldn't be happier. Having order from other cable companies in the past, this is such a great bargain. These shoot well over the price they're sold for after comparing to my prior (much shorter - because they were so much more expensive) cables.

​This was the silver plate copper Litz cable with matching wooden y-connectors. Very well constructed, they look great, and I've heard zero microphonics through them.

So happy I found this thread earlier!
Thanks Ted!

Dec 18, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #615 of 719
got a question: my cat knocked my drink onto laptop which has all my music. since my music is on my ak240 is there any program to transfer to new laptop or will my hard drive possibly still work if transferred? i dont think it got wet but computer did shut down from liquid.
thx ted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back