1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by valentinhogea, Feb 10, 2013.
  1. Satcher
    I have the LQi cable (silver plated copper) and they're really great, I felt the soundstage did open up a bit and the highs were refined better. Build quality is awesome as well. Hope that helps.

Hoegaardener70 likes this.
  2. Hoegaardener70
    Thank you, yes, very useful information. I see no need to spend a huge amount of money on cables in the future.

3. Svstem
    Definitely HD 800, it has the wider staging and better imaging capabilities!

BunnyNamedCraig and Boogie7910 like this.
  4. BunnyNamedCraig
    Enjoy em!

I own a pretty old pair and they show no signs of slowing down... I think the build is exceptional.

5. akãjerovia
    :upside_down:

BunnyNamedCraig likes this.
  6. Hoegaardener70
    I have a question for all HD800S owners .... how do you "handle" the box? I live in Manhattan, where storage space matters. I really would like to get rid of the package/box, but I am concerned this will bring down the headphones resale value (if I decide to sell) considerably. Or would you see any chance to sell the very nice box together with the two original cables, and what would you likely expect to get? Thanks for your replies.

7. JamieMcC
    Try checking the sold listings on ebay I'm sure I have seen a box or two listed in the past

8. Malfunkt
    The video is a Public Service Announcement in showing the dangers of wearing headphones in reverse.

9. BunnyNamedCraig
    Smart. That would give him an idea of the norm and also what’s they are selling for.

@Hoegaardener70 i personally wouldn’t sweat it. The quality of how you keep them will be bigger resale value. I personally never cared about a box unless it was really functional like the Mr. Speakers Voce.... but how many boxes are functional to that degree? All of mine just end up in my basement.

Hoegaardener70 likes this.
  10. Hoegaardener70

I actually watched eBay listings and saw what people ask for, but I have not seen one actually being sold. Since I am selling my box with the unused balanced XLR cable and the 6.5mm unbalanced cable, I use now the XLR cable price (USD230) as reference and added 30 for box and the second original sennheiser cable. I find it’s good value but let’s see.

Regarding resale, I think you are right. I assume not having the original box reduces the price by a bit (let’s say usd50) but I am happy to pay that for freeing up my shelf for that matte - especially since I am not planning to sell my HD800s anytime soon.. Wish I had a basement here in NYC.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  11. BunnyNamedCraig
    Smart. It really does come down to your convenience versus the price. I do have to say that some people really do care about it coming with a box so I should clarify that just because I don’t particularly care, that doesn’t mean everyone doesn’t...

12. tumpux
    Just want to add that what we see as a keeper right now could change by next month.
    The box is not that big anyway. I am sure that there are some other things that can be removed in your place to accomodate the box.
    Keep it and sell them when you're moving to the next set of cans.

13. listen4joy
  14. bosiemoncrieff
    I was listening to K1000 today, and as beautiful as the mids are, it's just not usable for any music requiring a 'bottom' to it. For the eighteenth century it's good, but for the nineteenth it's just not satisfying.

FLTWS likes this.
  15. JaZZ Contributor
    Fortunately now there's the Mysphere 3.1 – which has bass.