The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Jun 9, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #26,776 of 28,989
Just hooked up the Sennheiser HDVA 600. Oh my god, the sound difference is incredible, coming from the Magni 3. It just totally opened up the sound. It sounds so spacious and vibrant, it has so much breath. That really is incredible.

I'm listening to the Chopin Nocturnes by Arthur Rubinstein.

Jun 9, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #26,777 of 28,989
Just hooked up the Sennheiser HDVA 600. Oh my god, the sound difference is incredible, coming from the Magni 3. It just totally opened up the sound. It sounds so spacious and vibrant, it has so much breath. That really is incredible.

Now you owe me a beer or two! Glad you like the HDVA 600.

Jun 9, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #26,778 of 28,989

Bought it $600, hope it is none repaired before so that u have full property of the amp.
Hdva600 is same as hdvd800 in sound performance. I cant find a difference.
It just lack of dac section in compare but with much reduction of cost.
With a good analog source, this amp will return every detail in output. Still have abit loss of detail if source good as A&U sp1000 dap (I think that is nature when a longer audio path)

Jun 9, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #26,779 of 28,989
Bought it $600, hope it is none repaired before so that u have full property of the amp.
Hdva600 is same as hdvd800 in sound performance. I cant find a difference.
It just lack of dac section in compare but with much reduction of cost.
With a good analog source, this amp will return every detail in output. Still have abit loss of detail if source good as A&U sp1000 dap (I think that is nature when a longer audio path)
I bought it new, not used.

Jun 9, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #26,784 of 28,989

Really glad to hear you’re having fun, and hearing an improvement! How would you explain the difference to a you from a few weeks ago, who argues that a Magni is already “good enough” in one attribute?

Jun 9, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #26,787 of 28,989
Listening to Virgins by Tim Hecker. This is so sick.
I dont feel that album to show quality of audio stuff. Maybe that is not my taste.
Btw if you're using Tidal hifi, search "1986!" and find a Playlist 1986! There are many goods to listen to as The way it is, The next time I fall, Typical male, Human, Higher love, If you leave, I've been losing u, The lady in red....

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #26,789 of 28,989
I dont feel that album to show quality of audio stuff. Maybe that is not my state.
Btw if you're using Tidal hifi, search "1986!" and find a Playlist 1986! There are many goods to listen to as The way it is, The next time I fall, Typical male, Human, I've been losing u, The lady in red....
It definitely does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back