1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by valentinhogea, Feb 10, 2013.
  1. VocaloidDude
    Just hooked up the Sennheiser HDVA 600. Oh my god, the sound difference is incredible, coming from the Magni 3. It just totally opened up the sound. It sounds so spacious and vibrant, it has so much breath. That really is incredible.

I'm listening to the Chopin Nocturnes by Arthur Rubinstein.

2. pietcux
    Now you owe me a beer or two! Glad you like the HDVA 600.

VocaloidDude likes this.
  3. TYATYA
    Bought it $600, hope it is none repaired before so that u have full property of the amp.
    Hdva600 is same as hdvd800 in sound performance. I cant find a difference.
    It just lack of dac section in compare but with much reduction of cost.
    With a good analog source, this amp will return every detail in output. Still have abit loss of detail if source good as A&U sp1000 dap (I think that is nature when a longer audio path)

4. VocaloidDude
    I bought it new, not used.

5. TYATYA
    OMG it was just fraction of price, so I though it was an used unit :D
    So well paid

VocaloidDude likes this.
  6. VocaloidDude
    I just use a Modi as my DAC. I don't need higher khz. The human ear can't hear that high.

7. wazzupi
    that's not how a dac works.

8. BunnyNamedCraig
    Here we go again...

paradoxper likes this.
  9. Evshrug
    Really glad to hear you’re having fun, and hearing an improvement! How would you explain the difference to a you from a few weeks ago, who argues that a Magni is already “good enough” in one attribute?

10. VocaloidDude
    I would have to experience it myself.

11. VocaloidDude
    Listening to Virgins by Tim Hecker. This is so sick.

Malfunkt likes this.
  12. TYATYA
    I dont feel that album to show quality of audio stuff. Maybe that is not my taste.
    Btw if you're using Tidal hifi, search "1986!" and find a Playlist 1986! There are many goods to listen to as The way it is, The next time I fall, Typical male, Human, Higher love, If you leave, I've been losing u, The lady in red....

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  13. rutter
    Are you able to use it balanced with the Modi? I'm confused. I looked at an image of its backside and the only way to connect to a Modi is labeled as unbalanced.

uncletim likes this.
  14. VocaloidDude
    It definitely does.

15. VocaloidDude
    I don't use balance cables.