The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by valentinhogea, Feb 10, 2013.
  1. bearFNF Contributor
    Just ordered the Sheepskin, hybrid, and fenestrated sheepskin. Amazon is a weakness. :ksc75smile:

paradoxper likes this.
  2. paradoxper
    You gotta compare the pads with/out the SDR. I have the Code-Sex and Code-X coming in, so I know where my priorities are going.

bearFNF likes this.
  3. bearFNF Contributor
    Yep, Will do. Liquid Gold will get a work out over the break.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    bosiemoncrieff likes this.
  4. bosiemoncrieff
    It's a pity that Cavalli is shuttered. I suppose their amps will become collectors' items. Unless the designs are handed over to Massdrop, of course.

5. Hansotek
    Okay, who hacked Bosie’s account???

You seemed to have so much venom for them when their doors were still open.

6. bosiemoncrieff
    I mean it was a bad value proposition but I'm sorry every time the marketplace becomes thinner. Jason and Mike can't just compete against themselves all day.

7. antimatter
    ??? I guess you haven't heard of ECP or Apex? Try the Teton or DSHA-4. Those amps, at least for the hd800, are better than anything that Schiit ever made and Headamp for that matter.

8. WilsonT90
    Bluetooth!?
    I plugged my hd800 into my Xbox one controller. It makes sounds. Hurrah!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  9. antimatter
    The ear pads were nicer quality on the 009. The best ear pads on any headphone as far as I'm concerned. But the 009 itself was very middle of the road comfort wise where the hd800 was on a whole other level and the most comfortable headphone I have ever worn.

10. bosiemoncrieff
    You guess correctly! Link to some reviews. You’ve caught my interest. Right now wa22 is my next move.

11. paradoxper
    We can agree on at least one thing. Ha.

12. antimatter
    Apex is sold by Todd the Vinyl Junkie. ECP (Doug) you have to contact via email. Not all Apex amps are geared for the hd800, just the Teton imo.

13. claud W
    You really want better than Schiit , Apex, Eddie Current? In this forum, there are Stellaris and Stratus threads. These are fabulous amps made by Donald North that take the HD800 as good as it gets and other top headphones too Just read the threads.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  14. ahmadfaizadnan
    +1

Doug's amps especially the DSHA series are amazing for HD800

15. bosiemoncrieff
    I heard the stratus in person this past August. It was good.