The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Nov 26, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #26,326 of 28,989
First of all, to compliment is to say something nice. To complement is to add something so as to complete or make whole.

I found my single-ended HD800 cable damaged after a flight to LA (American Airlines). Should I ask for some kind of compensation?
IMG_2281.jpg
IMG_2283.jpg

Nov 26, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #26,327 of 28,989
First of all, to compliment is to say something nice. To complement is to add something so as to complete or make whole.

I found my single-ended HD800 cable damaged after a flight to LA (American Airlines). Should I ask for some kind of compensation?

You're right. My mistake. I meant complement not compliment. I am sorry to hear that but I guess it's never hurt to ask for compensation. Hope you get something in return.

Nov 27, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #26,328 of 28,989
I am also looking for either Audeze's or ZMF's to compliment my HD800. Will look further in the future.

I like both the Atticus and Auteur as a compliment to my HD800. Atticus is more of a classic contrast like the LCD-2 - more bassy and fun with a romantic midrange - I especially like it with OTL tube amps where it takes on an almost horn speaker-like character - almost warm and intimate to a fault, but pulls up just short of that in a spot where you get ALL THE FEELS!!! IMHO, YMMV. Preference for it is highly subjective, but it’s a very sweet, smooth, relaxing headphone.

Auteur is a different beast altogether, being a lot more neutral/balanced, but ultra punchy with an elite combo of clarity and presence in the low frequencies, and an incredibly sweet midrange. Definitely a lot more resolving and offers more clarity across the board, whereas the Atticus puts more of a spotlight on the lead instrument. Sort of takes some elements from the LCD-X and LCD-4.

Some people might feel that a more neutral balance might be redundant with the HD800/S/SDR and go with a stronger contrast like Atticus or LCD-2... others might prefer hearing a headphone with a slightly different presentation that’s still in the ballpark of neutral like Auteur or LCD-X... personally, I like having both!

I have a strong inclination to buy the Audeze as a complement to my HD 800 (which I will retain as long as it works ). My only apprehensive is failure of drivers which many say is a painful shock and tedious method of replacement specially if you are living in some other country. Spending $1000-1200 and then if this happens makes me hold on more on time. I have been contemplating to buy for quite sometime but have held back. I really want to get the LCD-X or LCD3. Lets see how it goes.

Nov 27, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #26,329 of 28,989

If the airlines damaged it yes ask for compensation. If in warranty ask Senn for replacement and if none of both, well! looks like you have another expense on your head. Cheers

Nov 27, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #26,330 of 28,989
snip
snip
You realize it was TSA and not American Airlines that 'inspected' (and damaged) your cable right?

They will weasel and worm and while it may take a while you will get something for the damaged cable.
Good luck.

JJ

Nov 27, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #26,331 of 28,989
If the airlines damaged it yes ask for compensation. If in warranty ask Senn for replacement and if none of both, well! looks like you have another expense on your head. Cheers
In case I haven’t mentioned it before here there have been /are some specials going on on the lcdx without the pelican case thrown in

The lcdx comes in about $200 more than the lcd2 rrp

Nov 27, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #26,334 of 28,989
It was gate checked. It had already been screened.
I've traveled extensively with electronic gear, but always in carry-on not ever checked luggage.
Just prefer to keep the gear under my control instead of anyone else's.
I would certainly ask for compensation from the airline. Good luck!

Nov 27, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #26,336 of 28,989
Compliment.png

Nov 27, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #26,340 of 28,989
In case I haven’t mentioned it before here there have been /are some specials going on on the lcdx without the pelican case thrown in

The lcdx comes in about $200 more than the lcd2 rrp

Thanks copy that:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back