The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers
Dec 26, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #1,636 of 2,052
Ordered myself a xmas present of the AFC 2 and a blue dragon cable from Moon Audio. I read the entire thread. For my desktop experience I will be using a Lyr3 (Allo USBridge Sig --> Schiit BiFrost MB --> Loki Mini --> Lyr3) which the forum shows should be more than sufficient.

For my portable solution I recently purchased a Cowan Plenue MK II. The specs show this:

Output - 2 Vrms unbalance / 3.24 Vrms balance
Output Impedance - 1.3Ω unbalance / 2.6Ω balance

the moon audio cable is a 2.5 mm balance. Does anyone know if the numbers above will be sufficient for driving the AFC 2

Thank you and thanks to all who have posted, very informative forum

Dec 27, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #1,638 of 2,052
Ordered myself a xmas present of the AFC 2 and a blue dragon cable from Moon Audio. I read the entire thread. For my desktop experience I will be using a Lyr3 (Allo USBridge Sig --> Schiit BiFrost MB --> Loki Mini --> Lyr3) which the forum shows should be more than sufficient.

For my portable solution I recently purchased a Cowan Plenue MK II. The specs show this:

Output - 2 Vrms unbalance / 3.24 Vrms balance
Output Impedance - 1.3Ω unbalance / 2.6Ω balance

the moon audio cable is a 2.5 mm balance. Does anyone know if the numbers above will be sufficient for driving the AFC 2

Thank you and thanks to all who have posted, very informative forum

The spec is not adequate to answer this. At 3Vrms in theory it will output 750mW into the headphone but if it is current limited it will be less. From some tech measurements at AudioScienceReview Inam guessing it is in fact current limited and max output is going to be 200mW, which is enough to play too loud for safe extended listening, though it won’t get LOUD.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 27, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #1,639 of 2,052
The spec is not adequate to answer this. At 3Vrms in theory it will output 750mW into the headphone but if it is current limited it will be less. From some tech measurements at AudioScienceReview Inam guessing it is in fact current limited and max output is going to be 200mW, which is enough to play too loud for safe extended listening, though it won’t get LOUD.
Thank you for the response, LOUD is not important to me at this point in my listening career. I will report back once I receive the headphones and cable (both ordered Xmas eve). I will be able to use the 2.5 cable from my Lyr3 as I have a Furutech 1/4" Male to 2.5mm TRRS Female Adapter

Dec 27, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #1,640 of 2,052
@mrspeakers Are those perforated pads on your website the same as the ones used in new black Aeon II? Just ordered them along with extra running kit and want to make sure that’s what it’s used on your new cans. Thanks

Dec 30, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #1,641 of 2,052
@mrspeakers Are those perforated pads on your website the same as the ones used in new black Aeon II? Just ordered them along with extra running kit and want to make sure that’s what it’s used on your new cans. Thanks

Yes indeed. :wink:

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 2, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #1,642 of 2,052

Jan 2, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #1,643 of 2,052
Do i understand correct that if i want noire effect on my aeon 2 closed i just need to buy perforated pads?
Does there somehow tuning pads come in?

Thanks.

Jan 7, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #1,645 of 2,052
Well, FedEx delivered parts early so Noire will start shipping this week.

Jan 8, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #1,648 of 2,052
Guys, i am nuts or what.
I found that A2C model with felt black filter sounds slightly too dark and makes voices step back, and only foam as as filter too bright and light. What i did - i cut same size a very soft toilet paper filter (1sheet) which is very very thin and place under foam filter. I find that this thin celluloze soft paper layer removes high spikes and and kinda warm signature to the top and also softens just a bit bass. And strangly i like it and use it always now.

Do you guys try to experiment too?

Thanks.

Jan 8, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #1,649 of 2,052
^This. Got the perforated pads today for my A2C. This is where the signature should be. Takes you out of the one specific room and adds a lot of bass detail that had been covered up by more mid bass. Very nice so far!
Replacement pads arrived few days ago. Will spend some time tuning A2C with new pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back