1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 1, 2019.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Next

Last
  1. Kopf
    I uploaded John Darkos video because he is a good audio journalist and reviewer. I do not know what video you've seen but in this video he compares the first generation with the second one. He talks about soundstage, bass, midrange, treble. I think his review is spot on.

trellus likes this.
  2. Blinxat
    Okay, but, can we have it, in like. uhh. blue or black or grey? and not red?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    XERO1 likes this.
  3. Alcophone

bcowen likes this.
  4. Blinxat
    Well I guess the more reviews and the more often I see it, it might grow on me.

5. sm5656
    I don't doubt he's a reputable source but he compares the open to the closed? From personal experience, I thought the first AFO and AFC were completely different. With that said, I'm waiting on a AFC to Aeon2C comparison.

metal571 and Empyah like this.
  6. Kopf
    ...and we now know that the aeon closed second generation sounds more open (more soundstage) than the first generation aeon open. Consequently, it can be concluded that the Aeon 2 closed sounds even more open than its closed predecessor.

trellus and Maelob like this.
  7. MacMan31
    Okay. Do you know when these would be available in Canada? Will they sell on Amazon?

8. mrspeakers Contributor
    Not sure when they'll hit Canada. I'll get back to you.

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
  9. MacMan31
    Okay thank you.

10. Daniel Lodewyk
    I would encourage you to buy direct from Dan Clark Audio.

I'm here in Canada, and when I bought my Aeon Closed a few years back it wasn't a smooth experience. The dealer was great but the distributer here in Canada doesn't stock enough and it took six weeks or more to get my headphones. The distributer was uncommunicative and dismissive.

Save yourself a headache and buy them direct.

@MacMan31

trellus likes this.
  11. Daniel Lodewyk
    HAHA I was being generous. I looked back at the emails and it looks like I waited approximately eleven weeks, or almost 80 days for the headphones I ordered to arrive. So I'd doubly recommend you buying directly from Dan Clark Audio @MacMan31

trellus likes this.
  12. flarex3
    A friend of mine bought this, I had the chance to experience the Aeon 2 Closed for two hours.

I appreciate the folding mechanism, very few manufacturers would be able to innovate such a smart thing.
    But the sound is pretty bad. I used many dac amps of mine and him the most expensive ones are Chord Hugo 2, Sennheiser HDV820 and A&K SP200 if you want to know.
    Compared to the previous Aeon the sound is warmer and that's it. No significant improvement at all. The sound is more laid back and warm, dynamics are still nonexistent. Soundstage is identical. Male vocals sound better and female vocals sound worse probably due to the FR changes. Some people may like the new tonality more but no overall sonic improvement for me.
    The portability is very cool but the sound sucks and there are already more portable and bluetooth headphones if portability is the biggest concern.
    I am disappointed, he is planning to return his pair as well.

XERO1, Jwakeford and Daniel Lodewyk like this.
  13. xRaptorxPunisher
    Despite thinking Dan's products sound mediocre you can't deny he knows how to design a headphone.

14. tcellguy
    Audio is really subjective. I think there is no perfect headphone as all are limited by the inherent natural frequencies and response dynamics of the driver material. I like Dan Clark's headphones as they have very low (to my ears) distortion with excellent mids and treble. I have other headphones that sound more dynamic and that surely provide more bass slam than the Aeon series, but at the cost of distortion in the mids and treble and slower transient responses. I listen to mostly fast music (electronic and metal) and the speed of planars wins over dynamics for me in these cases. That said, I can understand how bass slam and strong dynamic responses can be more important to some people. I haven't had significant time to audition beryllium driver headphones, which may provide stronger dynamics, bass slam, and transient responses.

trellus likes this.
  15. Odin412
    Congratulations to MrSp - oops, I mean to Dan Clark Audio for two exciting new headphones! I have the original Aeon Open and Closed and I enjoy them very much. I am looking forward to hearing the new Aeon 2 headphones - hopefully they will offer a good potion of the Ether 2 goodness at a lower price point?

bcowen likes this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Next

Last